The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Ripper List

Tenacious

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ill admit it, im a noob.

i understand the concept of ripping, that is pretty much a no brainer, however, im not the greatest artist.

I am looking for a rick rypien sig, as he is my favorite canuck. Is there a place where I can get permission to use one?

Or does anyone have any suggestions for me?

ill admit it, im a noob.

i understand the concept of ripping, that is pretty much a no brainer, however, im not the greatest artist.

I am looking for a rick rypien sig, as he is my favorite canuck. Is there a place where I can get permission to use one?

Or does anyone have any suggestions for me?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

You guy's need to understand the concept of ripping. If someone decides to use your sig, but gives you acknowledgement that you made it, then that is NOT ripping. However, when someone takes a piece and claims it as their own, that is indeed, ripping.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

meberry is using my sig, resized as his avatar

/topic/284467-proof-that-the-camera-doesnt-lie/page__p__8904300#entry8904300">http://forum.canucks...00#entry8904300

Original : is on my comp (I attatched it)

Edit: Oh yeah and it's undcredited. Have him remove my sig or use it as an actual sig (instead of avatar) and credit it.

2x edit: it appears the file isn't attatched. so here is a newly uploaded link

hank.jpg

And his resized one

tn_gallery_50547_2_18002.jpg

meberry is using my sig, resized as his avatar

/topic/284467-proof-that-the-camera-doesnt-lie/page__p__8904300#entry8904300">http://forum.canucks...00#entry8904300

Original : is on my comp (I attatched it)

Edit: Oh yeah and it's undcredited. Have him remove my sig or use it as an actual sig (instead of avatar) and credit it.

2x edit: it appears the file isn't attatched. so here is a newly uploaded link

hank.jpg

And his resized one

tn_gallery_50547_2_18002.jpg

• 1 month later...

Does it honestly matter guys? What you are accusing others of is by no means ripping. if anything, you should be grateful that they even deem your work good enough to use. Right now, warmplate is using a sig I made a while ago, without credit, and honestly, I don't give a rats ass. I'm glad hes using it, he's one of the more popular members on the board and I'm happy that he enjoys my work enough to use it. This isn't ripping, it's not like they'e claiming it's theirs. You should all get your facts straight before accusing someone of something like this.

However, what T16 stated is ripping, since the other member edited the original image without permission. Same with the sig that BureRaymond was using, which was VC's original work in the form of a wallpaper

Archived