The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

OMG Rain?

JoeyBats

Yay, more rain! The Weather Network is saying we should expect some showers for the next 2 days as well.

I honestly think Vancouver looks more beautiful with Rain than Sun.

Especially when it rains at night in Downtown Burnaby or Vancouver.

Edited by Hodgson!!

• 2 weeks later...

I was wondering what the noise was outside, and saw my driveway was looking like a river. We need the stuff for the forests though!

Yeah, no kidding! There was a loud noise in my backyard and was wondering what that was. It was a chair getting knocked over by the wind and rain. Now it has finally stooped, whew!

Environment Canada warns of heavy rainfall beginning tonight

By Peter Meiszner Global News

nypm259-88_2013_164008_high.jpg?crop=0px%2C8px%2C650px%2C408px&resize=720%2C452

The statement says we can expect significant rainfall of 15 to 40 mm, continuing through Thursday night. Areas of the North Shore can expect up to 50 mm of rain. Getty Images

Environment Canada has issued a special weather statement for the South Coast; warning of heavy rainfall beginning tonight.

The statement says we can expect significant rainfall of 15 to 40 mm, continuing through Thursday night. Areas of the North Shore can expect up to 50 mm of rain.

The warning applies to Metro Vancouver, Greater Victoria, Fraser Valley, Howe Sound/Whistler, Sunshine Coast and all of Vancouver Island.

“Vancouverites are normally used to dealing with rain,” says Global BC meteorologist Kristi Gordon.

“But this is going to feel quite wet compared to what we have been dealing with all summer.”

..And so it really begins.

Rainfall warning for the Lower Mainland:

LOWER MAINLAND (NEWS1130) – The Lower Mainland is in store for some heavy rain in the next day or so.

“That’s our first weather warning of the season,” says News1130 Meteorologist Russ Lacate.

“It’s going to kind of drag on, with some lighter showers at times today, and then some more downpours. The cycle continues through the later afternoon, into the evening and all night long.”

He says we’ll really see it come down tonight.

“I think it’ll be torrential rain overnight with the total amounts on the order of 30 to 50 millimeteres around the district. Then it all tapers off Friday morning, leaving us with summer sunshine for this long weekend,” adds Russ.

http://www.news1130.com/2013/08/29/rainfall-warning-for-the-lower-mainland/?cid=dlvr.it

Rainfall warning for the Lower Mainland:

LOWER MAINLAND (NEWS1130) – The Lower Mainland is in store for some heavy rain in the next day or so.

“That’s our first weather warning of the season,” says News1130 Meteorologist Russ Lacate.

“It’s going to kind of drag on, with some lighter showers at times today, and then some more downpours. The cycle continues through the later afternoon, into the evening and all night long.”

He says we’ll really see it come down tonight.

“I think it’ll be torrential rain overnight with the total amounts on the order of 30 to 50 millimeteres around the district. Then it all tapers off Friday morning, leaving us with summer sunshine for this long weekend,” adds Russ.

http://www.news1130....nd/?cid=dlvr.it

Warning! It's going to do exactly what it always does! Alert! Alert!

I left our basement door open to let the cold air come in well we slept. I woke up to my wife yelling and the sound of rain coming into our house.... I've never seen it rain this hard in Canada... Brazil, just another normal day..

• 5 weeks later...

publicalerts_storm-32.png

Rainfall Warning for Coastal British Columbia

Active for next 12 hours. Locations: Metro Vancouver; Fraser Valley - west including Abbotsford; Fraser Valley - east including Chilliwack; Howe Sound.

Rain at times heavy will continue tonight.

This is a warning that significant rainfall is expected or occurring in these regions. Monitor weather conditions..listen for updated statements.

An intense Pacific storm is expected to impact the South Coast tonight. The associated low pressure centre is forecast to make landfall along Central Vancouver Island this evening then quickly moves inland overnight. Strong southeast winds of 70 to 90 km/h ahead of the low will shift to damaging westerly winds with gusts to 100 km/h in its wake.

Additionally in Howe Sound and the Lower Mainland further rainfall amounts of 50 to 70 mm are expected by Monday morning.

According to Environment Canada.