The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Peter Andersson | D

Get real canuck fans

• 2 weeks later...

I'm on vacation in Denmark and made my way over to Sweden up to watch Frolunda HC. I saw they played a game and they have Peter Andersson. I showed up to the rink and bought myself a sweet Jersey with Andersson on the back. I was a little upset to see he wasn't in the lineup and I'm curious if he's still not playing full time for Frolunda or if anyone has any updates as to where he's at right now?

I'm on vacation in Denmark and made my way over to Sweden up to watch Frolunda HC. I saw they played a game and they have Peter Andersson. I showed up to the rink and bought myself a sweet Jersey with Andersson on the back. I was a little upset to see he wasn't in the lineup and I'm curious if he's still not playing full time for Frolunda or if anyone has any updates as to where he's at right now?

He is with Boras at the moment, got sent down a while ago.

• 1 month later...

Definitely a year to forget for Peter, he went pointless in 27 games for the Frolunda Indians this year who were a brutal team in the Sel this year. He also found himself playing in the Allsvenskan for quite a few games, he had disappointing production for them as well. For a supposed two way defenseman, this had to be a disappointing year, his four points in 57 games between the two leagues just doesn't cut it. Unfortunately for him, both clubs missed the playoffs. It seems that he will play in the SuperElit league for Frolunda J20's run for the playoffs.

21eztj5.png

• 3 months later...

So is he Wolves-bound?

Yeah I was woundering that too, on eliteprospects.com they are saying he is going to play in Sweden again next year on loan from Vancouver. Maybe that will change after the prospect camp this week and they can talk him in to staying.

Maybe he wants to have one final season in Sweden and do well there before heading over to NA? Hope he does eventually come over though.

If he stays one more year, would his contract still slide though?

No I think how it works is Vancouver loans him to this Swedish team and they pay his Salary and it takes a year off of his contract. Thats what happend last year with Rodin anyways.

• 3 weeks later...

I have done some digging but could not find any article on Andersson other than he is no longer with Frolunda and now on loan with Orebro. I hope that Canucks management pull him onto Chicago Wolves this year as his development is going the wrong direction in Sweden by the looks of it. He is a big body and a promising prospect, but if he is still not breaking through as a steady SEL defenseman, it may be time to start the North American route.

I have done some digging but could not find any article on Andersson other than he is no longer with Frolunda and now on loan with Orebro. I hope that Canucks management pull him onto Chicago Wolves this year as his development is going the wrong direction in Sweden by the looks of it. He is a big body and a promising prospect, but if he is still not breaking through as a steady SEL defenseman, it may be time to start the North American route.

I doubt we will get him to come play in North America this season, as we did loan him to Orebro like you stated so it wouldn't make sense if he didn't play there this upcoming season.

Peter Andersson has a contract with the Vancouver Canucks, but now it is clear that 20-year-old playing in Sweden this season. Back youngster loaned to Hockey Allsvenskan Orebro, reports the club on its website.

Andersson has belonged Frölunda in the last four seasons, but had trouble getting ice time in the first team during this past season and was loaned out to Boras. There, he answered the four points (2 +2) in 30 games. The league context, it has been five points (1 +4) in 49 games. All the points came during the 2009/10 season, when he played for a regular place in Frölunda's first team before his wrist injury stopped his progress.

During the season he was also involved with taking JVM bronze with junior crowns in Saskatoon after being called up as injury replacement for Simon Bertilsson . This past season lyckadea he does not take place in the Junior World Championship squad.

The lanky two-way slope was drafted by Vancouver in the fifth round in 2009 and signed a contract with the Canucks after last season.

http://translate.google.ca/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hockeysverige.se%2Farticle%2F11757224%2Forebro-lanar-back-av-vancouver

I doubt we will get him to come play in North America this season, as we did loan him to Orebro like you stated so it wouldn't make sense if he didn't play there this upcoming season.

http://translate.goo...ck-av-vancouver

Nice find. Thanks for update. I still think it is waste of time for him to be in Sweden's second tier league, but I guess he isn't playing well so he doesn't deserve SEL. Hope he can turn it around in this lesser league.

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely a year to forget for Peter, he went pointless in 27 games for the Frolunda Indians this year who were a brutal team in the Sel this year. He also found himself playing in the Allsvenskan for quite a few games, he had disappointing production for them as well. For a supposed two way defenseman, this had to be a disappointing year, his four points in 57 games between the two leagues just doesn't cut it. Unfortunately for him, both clubs missed the playoffs. It seems that he will play in the SuperElit league for Frolunda J20's run for the playoffs.

21eztj5.png

Is he injured? Or just not playing well? I mean even for a defenseman it's not normal for them to go pointless throughout the season

Archived