The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ticket from Private Parking Company - Need Advice

DonLever

Something exactly the same happened to me.

There's a London drugs by my house that has 2 hours free parking. I park there usually for prescription pickups.

Across from it is a small parking lot run by Diamond.

They sent me a ticket saying I parked there unpaid. I checked the date of the ticket.

It was a Sunday morning at 7:00am!. I work every Sunday, not even remotely close to there and there is no business open that early.

I called them and they gave me the usual BS. Threatened me with a collection agency, blah blah blah.

I told them to Go F--k themselves. They called about 5 times and now they quit.

Dont pay anything. They're liars and scammers

This is f***ing ridiculous. The government needs to do something to increase consumer protection. Parking lot assholes and phone company crooks both operate in a seedy manner and need to be held accountable for their misleading ways.

This is what I got a summons for. I got to the parking meter 5 minutes too late to put more change in. This was in Burnaby. I ignored the summons and the collection agency and it just went away. I know some smart@ss is going to try and say it would affect my ability to renew my driver's license but that's a load of crap too. This happened in 2004. Driver's licenses are good for five years.

• 2 weeks later...

An update. Yes, paid $35 of the original $100+ fine to get rid of the fine. He wanted $57 but then $35 when I hesitated.

I ask how how I did not get a ticket on window. He said the ticketer must be around the corner and saw me drive away and so could not put ticket on window. Total BS.

• 1 year later...

I received a letter tonight from Diamond Parking stating that I walked off the parking lot at Steve Nash Fitness World and Tim Horton's parking lot in North Burnaby. I did not even have a notice left on my vehicle and I was not even parked there. I looked back at what I was doing that night and I went to pick up Sushi and Sushi Garden down the road at the time.

These people are truly crooks judging from other people's testimonials here: http://www.urbanvancouver.com/node/4178.

Anybody have any luck disputing the fine?

<br />DON'T PAY PARKING TICKETS. Seriously man, I've never paid a parking ticket in my life. I had a summons to court once for unpaid tickets. I didn't go. That was like 6 years ago. Especially for private parking companies, if you just ignore them they go away. I know what people are going to say, 'But if they send it to collections it affects your credit DURRRRRRRR.' No it doesn't. The collections agency doesn't want the hassle either. Ignore them and it goes away.

Same thing happened to me

They mailed me a letter saying I owed them $129 or something like that saying I wales off their premise when I'm parked there

But I didn't see a ticket at all

The time and location they mentioned I did recall parking in those areas

I ended up paying like $65 to avoid any potential problems

Maybe I didn't have to but I didn't wanna risk it

And yes they are crooks

Diamond has agents parked in vans watching the lot.

My experience: there is a split lot at Coast Capital on Scott Rd. The Coast lot was a gong show with nowhere to park, so I parked at the laundry beside it, even though there are signs stating you will be tickted if you park

Diamond has agents parked in vans watching the lot.

My experience: there is a split lot at Coast Capital on Scott Rd. The Coast lot was a gong show with nowhere to park, so I parked at the laundry beside it, even though there are signs stating you will be ticketed if you park there and dont use the laundry.

I was literally 15 feet from Coast and used the machine for all of 60 seconds and when I got out the dude was writing the ticket up. Didn't want to get into it with him cuz he was at least 250lbs (by design I'm sure) so I got in my car and started it and he slipped it under my wiper before I drove away.

Read it later and it said I left lot. Yeah right. Sent in an email to dispute saying the fine is ridiculous considering how long I was there and they halfed the fine which I ended up paying so I don't get towed in the future for no reason.

And yeah half the time their machines don't work properly. Last night the guy in front of me didn't get his receipt, then I paid and got his and mine didn't print. LOL.

I've seen the guys from Diamond Parking in action at he 8th and Cambie Street in the Wendy's Parking Lot.  There a tons of people parking and leaving because of the Home Depot across from it.

Sometimes the guy is a van, sometimes he is in a car.  Does not really matter because it is likely his own vehicle.  Funny thing is, he does not ticket everyone who leaves the lot.  It seems like it is random or only if the car is in a certain section.

I would not mind as much if there was ticket on the window. When I phoned, the guy said maybe the wind blew the ticket away or I drove away before he could stick it on the window.  Whatever.

Yeah phone in, you will get a reduced fine, maybe half of the original ticket.  But prepared for a long phone call.  You have to be on hold for 45 minutes after even getting a line.  That is if you don`t get a busy tone.I think they deliberate make you hold on a long time to discourage you from disputing the ticket.

I received a letter tonight from Diamond Parking stating that I walked off the parking lot at Steve Nash Fitness World and Tim Horton's parking lot in North Burnaby. I did not even have a notice left on my vehicle and I was not even parked there. I looked back at what I was doing that night and I went to pick up Sushi and Sushi Garden down the road at the time.

These people are truly crooks judging from other people's testimonials here: http://www.urbanvanc....com/node/4178.

Anybody have any luck disputing the fine?

An update.  Yes, paid $35 of the original $100+ fine to get rid of the fine.  He wanted $57 but then $35 when I hesitated.I ask how how I did not get a ticket on window.  He said the ticketer must be around the corner and saw me drive away and so could not put ticket on window.  Total BS.

Archived