The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

**Unofficial Golf Thread**

Are you a golfer?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12 hours ago, BoKnows said:

That must not be fun in the Australian heat

Its winter! Ice on my windsceen when I left, and would be snowboarding 3hrs away if it wasn't for the stupid rona. #AustraliaIsNotAnOven

Pretty nice out all the same. Sandringham GC by Mike Cocking of OCM.

Interesting case study here. This is a municipal course next to (and managed by) Royal Melbourne. Being rebuilt shorter, but fun and interesting with private course style greens. Loving what's been done to date (9 of 18 on play) and could be a model for other tired and boring municipal run layouts.

20200725_080452.jpg

20200725_074924.jpg

20200725_074058.jpg

28 minutes ago, soda said:

Pretty nice out all the same. Sandringham GC by Mike Cocking of OCM.

Interesting case study here. This is a municipal course next to (and managed by) Royal Melbourne. Being rebuilt shorter, but fun and interesting with private course style greens. Loving what's been done to date (9 of 18 on play) and could be a model for other tired and boring municipal run layouts.

20200725_080452.jpg

20200725_074924.jpg

20200725_074058.jpg

Jesus.

That's one large fairway lmao

That last shot the fairway is actually two. Bit dark but the fairway splits between the two bunkers, with a parallel hole to the left.

That's a Royal Melbourne'ism and the opposite of the majority of golf in the US.

Generous driving areas, but firm tricky greens that reward the player that drives into the preferred side. (Centre of fairway often not ideal)

US pro golf is fast becoming just smash and wedge which is really sad and a million miles from what Dr. Mackenzie, Colt, Allison, George Thomas and other golden age architects intended. Hopefully USGA and the R&A will see the light before its too late.

Edited by soda

15 hours ago, BoKnows said:

Has anyone experienced back pain from golf?

Yes, I have to remind myself to stretch before. Something about the twisting when I tee off, I get a bit sore in the mid back. My upper inner right leg is always tight the next day too for some reason. 

2 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Yes, I have to remind myself to stretch before. Something about the twisting when I tee off, I get a bit sore in the mid back. My upper inner right leg is always tight the next day too for some reason. 

My lower back was killing me yesterday.  

Just now, BoKnows said:

My lower back was killing me yesterday.  

I find I don't play enough to get my body used to it.. some issues pop up. Kinda like doing new exercises

Hopefully you haven't hurt yourself.  You know the drill, stay hydrated and lightly stretch. Maybe double check your form, but don't ask me about that...I've got some wonky techniques.

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

I find I don't play enough to get my body used to it.. some issues pop up. Kinda like doing new exercises

Hopefully you haven't hurt yourself.  You know the drill, stay hydrated and lightly stretch. Maybe double check your form, but don't ask me about that...I've got some wonky techniques.

Last time I played I really over exaggerated turning my hips and corking my upper body to get more power.  I think that really did it for me.

• 3 months later...
On 11/15/2020 at 12:01 PM, BoKnows said:

Dustin Johnson finished -20.

The real highlight of the day was his wife though.  God damn.

Wayne Gretzky's daughter. You knew that, right?

BTW: I'm probably in the minority, but the highlight for me was Tiger shooting a 10 on the par three 12th......

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...