The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

**Unofficial Golf Thread**

Rate this topic

Are you a golfer?  

87 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Mike Weir is currently leading the Tour Champions (used to be called the Senior Tour) Cologuard open.

Weir has a one stroke lead (-15) with about five holes left to play...:gocan:

Edited by RUPERTKBD
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...

Excess speed

https://www.sportsnet.ca/golf/article/sheriff-excessive-speed-caused-tiger-woods-crash/

Sheriff: Excessive speed caused Tiger Woods crash

The golf superstar was driving 84 to 87 mph on a downhill stretch of road outside Los Angeles that had a speed limit of 45 mph, Los Angeles County Sheriff Alex Villanueva said Wednesday.

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Another tournament win for Brooke Henderson. She started the day 4 shots back, but closed with a 4-under 67 to win by a stroke:

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/golf/article-brooke-henderson-wins-la-open-10th-career-lpga-title/

Canada’s Brooke Henderson rallied to win the HUGEL Air Premia LA Open on Saturday for her 10th LPGA Tour title, chipping in for birdie on the par-3 12th in an early back-nine burst and getting up-and-down for par on the last.

Four strokes behind leader Jessica Korda and three back of top-ranked Jin Young Ko entering the sunny, breezy day at Wilshire Country Club, the native of Smiths Falls, Ont., closed with her second straight 4-under 67 for a one-stroke victory over Korda.

This is career win #10 for Brooke, putting her 2 clear of Sandra Post, George Knudson and Mike Weir, who all have 8.

Oh yes....and she's 23 years old...:gocan:

• 4 weeks later...

This moment today with Phil's historic win and the whole atmosphere and Crowd cheering,was the best thing in sports in quite a while.That was amazing.

Good times are coming again.

On 5/23/2021 at 4:23 PM, 73 Percent said:

Woooow that was cool to see. So happy for Philthy!

He seems like the coolest down to earth guy.

Figjam? Really? :huh:

I think my favorite Mickelson moment is when he was asked by a reporter who the first lefty to win the Masters would be and he rolled his eyes and said "I think we all know the answer to that"....

Mike Weir won it right after....

Posted (edited)

Just did my application for the Masters, fingers crossed this year. Been denied for 4 straight years. I have to be due, right ?!

image.png.393c56999984729de63f90dd6080e6e3.png

Edited by AriGold
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Got to love American TV coverage of golf. Koepka all over the place but gets all the TV time, meanwhile Canadian Hughes is playing with him and is never shown on TV...Hope Hughes has a good round so they are FORCED to show the Canadians play!

On 7/17/2021 at 10:36 AM, Canuckster86 said:

Got to love American TV coverage of golf. Koepka all over the place but gets all the TV time, meanwhile Canadian Hughes is playing with him and is never shown on TV...Hope Hughes has a good round so they are FORCED to show the Canadians play!

It's always driven me nuts....

I remember back in the day, Tiger Woods might be 10 shots off the pace, but they'd cut to him every time he took a shot. :rolleyes:

The Golf Channel is much better, but they were showing a different tournament (Barbasol Championship) yesterday as they only had rights to the first two rounds. After that, it was NBC and the Koepka - Dechambeau "feud"....<_<

I'm going to guess that Colin Morikawa got some coverage today......once NBC figured out that he's American and not Japanese....

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...