The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

**Unofficial Golf Thread**

Are you a golfer?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Got out on the course for the first game of the year. Shot 90. 49 on the front, 41 on the back, lol.

Needless to say it took me a few holes to remember how to swing a club. Probably shoulda hit the range first.

Our course is still quite wet, but that last couple days have helped greatly.

Also, just ordered new golf shoes:

adidas_tour360.jpg

Got out on the course for the first game of the year. Shot 90. 49 on the front, 41 on the back, lol.

Needless to say it took me a few holes to remember how to swing a club. Probably shoulda hit the range first.

Our course is still quite wet, but that last couple days have helped greatly.

Also, just ordered new golf shoes:

adidas_tour360.jpg

Nice choice. I love Adidas golf shoes, and their shoes in general. I saw their White Gold Adipures, the other day, but unfortunately I can't quite convince myself to spend the $200.

• 2 weeks later...

Bump for The Masters

I wish I was sitting at home watching right now.

tsn.ca has wicked coverage of the Masters, including a feed dedicated to Amen Corner.

augusta is so gorgeous, weather today there is some of the best ever as well

30 players under par, thursday flags are being dominated couple with the weather, alot of red numbers

Pretty crazy day 1 for McIlroy. He just got his first bogey on 12, pretty impressive. For some reason I feel Y.E. Yang wins it this year. No idea why, but I just have a feeling. My man Martin Kaymer never performs well here, but Dustin Johnson/Westwood are making a small push into the red. Should be an interesting weekend that's for sure.

Edited by y0shi

tsn.ca has wicked coverage of the Masters, including a feed dedicated to Amen Corner.

Pretty crazy day 1 for McIlroy. He just got his first bogey on 12, pretty impressive. For some reason I feel Y.E. Yang wins it this year. No idea why, but I just have a feeling. My man Martin Kaymer never performs well here, but Dustin Johnson/Westwood are making a small push into the red. Should be an interesting weekend that's for sure.

ya mcilory cant let that bogey send him into a tail spin, which happens easy at augusta, current cut is +1, tiger could be on the outside looking in, i could c the more experienced guys like yang and westwood and phil make a push and put hte young guys like mcilroy and alvaros on their heels

just as i say that tiger birdies 4/5 and moves -3 haha, now a wayward tee shot

Edited by PrimeTime21

ya mcilory cant let that bogey send him into a tail spin, which happens easy at augusta, current cut is +1, tiger could be on the outside looking in, i could c the more experienced guys like yang and westwood and phil make a push and put hte young guys like mcilroy and alvaros on their heels

just as i say that tiger birdies 4/5 and moves -3 haha, now a wayward tee shot

TIGER CHARGE!!! Man Tiger's game looks pretty good today so far. Shook off that dreadful front 9 (4 birdies 3 bogeys) and has had a great back 9 so far. The crowd's totally on his side right now.

TIGER CHARGE!!! Man Tiger's game looks pretty good today so far. Shook off that dreadful front 9 (4 birdies 3 bogeys) and has had a great back 9 so far. The crowd's totally on his side right now.

haha no kidding, games alot more exciting when tigers killin it, always has a good second round

I would love to see Tiger birdie and play in a pair with Choi. They always seem to play together and I think that comfort level would help him.

He did it,second best round of the day at -6.Best round by the Aussie Jason Day at -8.Pretty good round for a first time masters appearance.

Tiger to be paired up with Choi.

Oh man Champ...you work at Fairwinds!!! I am so jealous. I finally got out there for the first time last season. I hit a 95, which I was happy with. Front nine was atrocious but my back nine was awesome! Fairwinds is a bit of a treat for me as I usually stick to Cottonwood and Eaglecrest. I am not as good as I used to be, though....I rarely break 90 so anything under 100 leaves me feeling pretty good(I have had over 100 days :( ).

ya if tiger hadnt missed that putt on 16 he woulda been tied with day, and i guess becuz of either seniority or past victories at the masters he woulda been paired with mcilroy, even tho he and day had the same score, but it didnt happen, either way should b a fun weekend with some great golf

ya if tiger hadnt missed that putt on 16 he woulda been tied with day, and i guess becuz of either seniority or past victories at the masters he woulda been paired with mcilroy, even tho he and day had the same score, but it didnt happen, either way should b a fun weekend with some great golf

How about KJ Choi?

He boggied the 18th when he had a great chance to birdy, and missed his 2 footer for par to make boggy.

He was having such a great round too.But I'm totally cheering for Tiger.