The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

**Unofficial Golf Thread**

Are you a golfer?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

How about KJ Choi?

He boggied the 18th when he had a great chance to birdy, and missed his 2 footer for par to make boggy.

He was having such a great round too.But I'm totally cheering for Tiger.

ya choi missed some shots for sure, im not really cheering for tiger, but it does make the gold more exciting when he is making good shots, wanna c how these young guys like mcilroy day and fowler do if tiger makes a charge

ya choi missed some shots for sure, im not really cheering for tiger, but it does make the gold more exciting when he is making good shots, wanna c how these young guys like mcilroy day and fowler do if tiger makes a charge

Yaaa,Those young guns are sure bringing excitement to the game.And the Euro's dominating the world rankings sure is interesting as well.

I like.

Mcilroy

Fowler

Bubba

AK,Anthony Kim

Polter

Mcdowell

The Big Easy Ernie Ells for sure

Couples sure can compete with the best of them,still at 51.

But when it comes to the week end,Whoa...I'ts pretty hard to predict anything.

I have a feeling about Rory though,he sure looks dangerous out there..

I can see him really establish himself as super star of golf this week end.The golf world sure have a lot of expectations on him right now.some are saying he may be the next "Tiger Woods".

Tiger could continue his surge up the leader board,or can choke like he's done for the last year.

KJ Choi could definitely be a factor with his experience.

Quirros I dont think he'll be much of a threat.

Watch out for Couples, only 5 down

I'm cheering for Sergio(-5),but he's never stepped up when the time came....but who knows?

Phil is pretty far back at -2,I have a feeling he's out,but again anything can happen at the Masters.

Edited by blaise

Oh man Champ...you work at Fairwinds!!! I am so jealous. I finally got out there for the first time last season. I hit a 95, which I was happy with. Front nine was atrocious but my back nine was awesome! Fairwinds is a bit of a treat for me as I usually stick to Cottonwood and Eaglecrest. I am not as good as I used to be, though....I rarely break 90 so anything under 100 leaves me feeling pretty good(I have had over 100 days :( ).

Thanks! You I love our course, it's in fantastic shape right now. Played again last week and it is almost 100% dry! That is until it rains all next week. <_<

I don't really like Cottonwood but Eaglecrest isn't bad, they've just had huge issues with their conditions with the Ownership changes and such. I really like the layout but if only they took better care of it and poured some $$$ into it it would be a top notch course again.

Thanks! You I love our course, it's in fantastic shape right now. Played again last week and it is almost 100% dry! That is until it rains all next week. <_<

I don't really like Cottonwood but Eaglecrest isn't bad, they've just had huge issues with their conditions with the Ownership changes and such. I really like the layout but if only they took better care of it and poured some $$$ into it it would be a top notch course again.

I plan to get out to Fairwinds again this year. It really was an awesome day! And maybe I shouldn't be telling you this but there was quite a large break behind us and we were able to loop around from 16 back to 13 and get 4 extra holes out of it. Please don't ban me. :lol:

Unfortunately, for golf to be a steady hobby, Fairwinds is a bit outta my price range to do regularily. I agree that Cottonwood isn't great but it is pretty cheap. Same with Eaglecrest....$50 for a full 18 during peak makes it a lot easier to get out often. Plus I have a theory....the worse condition the course is, the better you'll get. Although it doesn't really seem to be working. :huh:

I plan to get out to Fairwinds again this year. It really was an awesome day! And maybe I shouldn't be telling you this but there was quite a large break behind us and we were able to loop around from 16 back to 13 and get 4 extra holes out of it. Please don't ban me. :lol:

Unfortunately, for golf to be a steady hobby, Fairwinds is a bit outta my price range to do regularily. I agree that Cottonwood isn't great but it is pretty cheap. Same with Eaglecrest....$50 for a full 18 during peak makes it a lot easier to get out often. Plus I have a theory....the worse condition the course is, the better you'll get. Although it doesn't really seem to be working. :huh:

BANNED!

I don't think I understand your theory though. How would a crappy course make you better?

What I used to do before I worked at a course was play Twilite or Super-Twilite in the summer. Most places it starts at 4 or 5 and you can still play 18 holes for like $25-$35. I know ours this year is $35 at 4:00pm.

ya if tiger hadnt missed that putt on 16 he woulda been tied with day, and i guess becuz of either seniority or past victories at the masters he woulda been paired with mcilroy, even tho he and day had the same score, but it didnt happen, either way should b a fun weekend with some great golf

Correct me if I'm wrong, not that it matters anyway, but I believe how it works is that the person who posts the score earliest gets to play in the later pairs. So, if Tiger/Day tied at -8, then Day would've still been in the final pair with Rory.

Im quite jealous of you guys that are all out playing again. I just got out of a sling that i've had for the past 2 weeks because of a dislocated shoulder, im looking far away from my first round of the season :(. The masters has been great though, love seeing Rory at the top and Tiger surging again. Hopefully they can make the weekend exciting and we can see a classic Tiger finish

Correct me if I'm wrong, not that it matters anyway, but I believe how it works is that the person who posts the score earliest gets to play in the later pairs. So, if Tiger/Day tied at -8, then Day would've still been in the final pair with Rory.

i dont even know, the announcers just said tho that if tiger posted -8 he would be in final pairing

i dont even know, the announcers just said tho that if tiger posted -8 he would be in final pairing

google answers

I read something similar somewhere else, from a book, but I don't remember where.

Following the cut, groupings are drawn in twosomes unless otherwisedetermined by the tournament director because of weather conditions orlack of daylight. The pairings after the cut (low 70 and ties) aredetermined on the basis of tournament standings at the conclusion ofthe preceding rounds, with higher scores starting first. Ties will bedecided by the order of starting the round last played, with laterstarting times assigned to the earlier starter in the previous rounds.
Day finished earlier, so he would've gotten the final pair.

Nice to see that Tiger finally had a good round, hopefully he can keep it all weekend.

I don't even want to think of playing golf right now, I'm probably out all summer due to knee reconstruction, there goes my chance for qualifying for provincials this year.

BANNED!

I don't think I understand your theory though. How would a crappy course make you better?

What I used to do before I worked at a course was play Twilite or Super-Twilite in the summer. Most places it starts at 4 or 5 and you can still play 18 holes for like $25-$35. I know ours this year is $35 at 4:00pm.

I'll admit....I am not a decorated theorist. But constantly hitting out of the Cottonwood roughs makes the Fairwinds roughs seem like fairway.

Yah we have tried twighlight a couple times. One of the guys I golf with moved to Vic last year and his finace very much reminds me of Stu's girlfriend in The Hangover....so he usually has to be home fairly early.

There is life after Tiger. And it's future is bright.

RORY! RORY! RORY!

Jason Day's iron game really let him down today. I was hoping he could make it close with Rory today, cuz I hate runaway wins, but man Day was driving it good.