The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adam Polasek | D

b3.

88 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Sauve's there now.

I wonder if Polasek will get any time at all anymore.

2354_lead.jpg

Posted on: Thursday, April 7th, 2011

By Press Release, Moose

The Vancouver Canucks, the NHL affiliate of the Manitoba Moose, announced today they have re-assigned defencemen Yann Sauve and Chris Tanev to the Moose.

Sauve, 21, has appeared in 37 games this season with the Moose recording 12 points (3g & 9a) and 12 penalty minutes. The Montreal, PQ native is currently on a two-game scoring streak for Manitoba after recording a pair of assists on Mar. 29/11 vs. Rochester and then scoring his third goal of the season on Mar. 30/11. The rookie defenceman has now appeared in five games with Vancouver this season. He began the season in the ECHL with the Victoria Salmon Kings and made his AHL debut with Manitoba on Dec. 16/10. Sauve was originally drafted by the Vancouver Canucks in the second round, 41st overall, of the 2009 NHL Entry Draft.

Tanev, 21, has been with the Canucks since being recalled from Manitoba on Jan. 17/11. Since that time, Tanev has played 29 games with Vancouver where he has recorded one assist and no penalty minutes. The Toronto, ON native began his rookie season in Manitoba and has played 39 games with the Moose. He’s scored nine points (1g & 8a) and recorded 16 penalty minutes with Manitoba. His first AHL goal came on Nov. 13/11 vs. Rochester.

Edit, Is Tanev healed/ready to play?

My guess is the Canucks expect Torres to be suspended, and want to call up Oreo. On top of that they need the cap room to take Edler off LTIR. So I think they had to send Tanev down to make the numbers work.

Sauve's there now.

I wonder if Polasek will get any time at all anymore.

Edit, Is Tanev healed/ready to play?

He would have to be to be assigned.

He was likely cleared by doctors in the last 24 hours, thus was unable to practice with the Canucks before being assigned.

Pretty sure they wouldn't have been able to send him down if he was injured, for example Lee Sweatt they tried to assign him to the Moose but the league rejected it due to him having a broken foot.

Pretty sure they wouldn't have been able to send him down if he was injured, for example Lee Sweatt they tried to assign him to the Moose but the league rejected it due to him having a broken foot.

Is there any update on Lee Sweatt's condition? He seems to have been on the IR for 2 (?) months without any return schedule.

Agreed, he probably won't play today since Tanev's slotting in, and Parent's hurt, but it'd be nice to see him in the playoffs. I'm still sort of mind-boggled at the fact the Moose still have depth on D, and that's not even counting L. Sweatt, Seabrook or McGinnis!

its funny though how a couple months ago they were struggling with depth on the backend because of injuries and callups, but now they are rich with depth..

• 3 months later...
Guest Dasein

(From Darren Archibald Talk)

Very rarely do I post here and not trying to spam/promote my video. Just genuinely posting this here because I think you guys will enjoy it.

[...]

And i also made a Polasek one, but couldn't really find his thread. Anyways, you can find it if you really want to. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yRTtdIrbtc&feature=related

Credits to DJ Kreuzberg for the video. Found the Polasek thread through the Prospects Directory Thread http://forum.canucks...read-directory/ by avelanch (It's pinned).

It's always nice to see a video of prospects that aren't covered as extensively as others to get an idea of what kind of a player they are.

Polasek looks like a big physical defenseman who has good passing vision. Needs to work on getting his shots through IMO. Should look good on the Wolves next season. Excited to see what this kid can bring.

Sorry, I had problems encoding the first video, thus why it looked a bit small. So I removed the old video and here is the new video.

Although it doesn't look bigger in embedded here, its bigger on the youtube player and should be clearer. Bear with me, this Polasek video was my first ever. But i'm getting better. :D

• 1 month later...

Totally flying under the radar.Hope he has a great Young Stars and main camp so he can begin his pro career on the Wolves in a few weeks time:

sleepers.gif

8475853.jpgPolasek

Adam Polasek

D - Drafted 5th round, 145th overall, in 2010 – At 6-foot-3 and 200-pounds, this native of Ostrava, Czechoslovakia, is one of Vancouver’s more intimidating blueliners. His offensive skills make him intimidating at both ends of the ice. Last season the 19-year-old was second in team scoring by defencemen for the QMHJL’s PEI Rocket with 39 points (7-32-39), a year prior he was tops of the group with 41 points (13-28-41) earning him a spot on the QMJHL and CHL All-Rookie Team.

OHH MAAAHHHH GAAAWWWWWDDDD

NO LOVE FOR ADAM POLASEK?!?!

He didn't play a great game last night, but man, that is TOO AWESOME! Best play of the game by FAR.

Polasek is an intriguing prospect because he has great size, a mean streak and is able to skate well. You could see the potential. And that mean streak is really something though. Haven't seen a defenseman that tenacious since Juice, and I'd say this kid is more ferocious and dirty. I would love to see this Wolverine of a kid strolling our blue line in 3-4 years.

If he develops his defensive game while retaining that mean streak, watch out world.

EDIT: LOL MacT's expression at 0:27 - "OH MAHH GAWWD. DID THAT KID JUST..DID THAT JUST HAPPEN?!"

LOL. Priceless.

OHH MAAAHHHH GAAAWWWWWDDDD

NO LOVE FOR ADAM POLASEK?!?!

He didn't play a great game last night, but man, that is TOO AWESOME! Best play of the game by FAR.

Polasek is an intriguing prospect because he has great size, a mean streak and is able to skate well. You could see the potential. And that mean streak is really something though. Haven't seen a defenseman that tenacious since Juice, and I'd say this kid is more ferocious and dirty. I would love to see this Wolverine of a kid strolling our blue line in 3-4 years.

If he develops his defensive game while retaining that mean streak, watch out world.

he looked more like jovocop out there with all those horrible/intercepted breakout passes/giveaways and blown coverage. he has a LOT of development needed.

he looked more like jovocop out there with all those horrible/intercepted breakout passes/giveaways and blown coverage. he has a LOT of development needed.

I'm suprised at this assesment. I think he did really well. He broke up 2 2 on 1 opportunities with his stick, played the body and did a really good job positionally. He made some mistakes as well but horrible break out passes?? Maybe in the middle of the second period but I think that was do to lack of confidence on our entire teams part after a couple of bad goals then anything. It wasn't a perfect night, but it wasn't as bad as your assesment is saying. Truthfully if we look at the evening objectively I think the only defender we can say what the heck were they doing was Corrado. Even Hannay was decent enough until the second period break down.

To be fair, a LOT of our prospects were misconnecting on their passes last night...

I can't think of that many instances where we connected more than 3 passes in a row without having them miss the recipient by a mile or get it intercepted.

Archived