The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adam Polasek | D

b3.

88 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Polasek gets a 3-game suspension for coming off the bench in that brawl against Rockford.

(side note, I find it hilarious that all of the other Wolves, especially Vandermeer ,got away with nothing and 3 Rockford players got suspended. :P )

this isn't the frozen bacon's first kerfuffle this season, i'm sure that weighed into the league's decision.

Polasek gets a 3-game suspension for coming off the bench in that brawl against Rockford.

(side note, I find it hilarious that all of the other Wolves, especially Vandermeer ,got away with nothing and 3 Rockford players got suspended. :P )

I'm shocked that Didiomete got nothing...Wasn't he the one who was throwing punches from the Wolves bench like a maniac?

I can see how Vandermeer didn't get anything. He didn't originally enter the Hogs bench on purpose, he fell in through the gate. It was the Hogs player who started punching him, which pretty much started the whole thing.

But yea, leaving the bench during a brawl is a no no. Not surprised he got 3.

I stated some time ago that Polasek had over taken Sauve. He's big, he plays big, he can skate and he can add a few points. Thankfully he has a further year on his contract giving him more time to show his worth. I can see him as a 7-8 D on this club in the future and then go from there

Right now it's looking like he has more upside than Sauve, even with the worse numbers in the ECHL.

• 6 months later...

Whats you point fool? Give him some time.

troll...

Yes I'm the fool even though your grammar sucks.

Polasek hasn't looked that great in the AHL with the Wolves the last couple of years. Once is contract is up I wouldn't be surprised if Gillis let him walk.

• 2 months later...

Never seemed to fit in with what ever the Canucks were looking for. From the games I watched he was a big D that played bigger, for the life of me I thought he was WAY better than Sauve and yet they resigned Sauve for some inexplainable reason. Some ones got up some ones nose IMO looks personal. I hope he comes back to show every one what he can do. At the end of the day why bother being over looked in the ECHL when he can go home

I haven't seen any thing from Sauve to indicate he has much if any thing to offer. As one poster stated they might just be clearing space from their 50 man list to enable them to sign some one else....with Polasek and Hamil off their list it's now down to 47 I believe

i dunno, sauve has been average this year which is better than his performance in years past. he wears a letter for the team as well. its a bummer polasek is gone, i was fan considering the lack of size and bite in our defensive prospects. hoping anton cederholm will fill that gap. we need to draft some big mean defenseman this coming year. the cupboard isn't bare, but there isn't many options right now.

Never really got a chance to see what Polasek could do in Utica as he only dressed for a couple games. I imagine Blain now becomes our 7th Dman or possibly Negrin if he is finally ready to play.

Sauve has actually looked better lately. He has the physical tools to play well if he cuts down the mental errors which he has done recently.

Never seemed to fit in with what ever the Canucks were looking for. From the games I watched he was a big D that played bigger, for the life of me I thought he was WAY better than Sauve and yet they resigned Sauve for some inexplainable reason. Some ones got up some ones nose IMO looks personal. I hope he comes back to show every one what he can do. At the end of the day why bother being over looked in the ECHL when he can go home

Yes I agree. Polasek has outshone Sauve every time I've seen them play. I really didn't understand the Sauve resigning either. He has looked awful every time I've watched. Hockey just doesn't seem to come to him easily. Makes all the wrong decisions on the ice; a real liability out there.

• 1 year later...

Archived