The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

******OFFICIAL BLACKBERRY THREAD******

i am a beast

I'm really interested in purchasing a blackberry but I'm not sure about a couple o things.

The data plan. How many megabytes of space do you need.

Whether to go with a new bold/curve or a older model (with ball navigation) pearl for $200 cheaper.

Also which networks are you on and good/bad experiences. I Currently with fido and have nothing too bad to say about them.

I am not interested in a 3 year term.

Much thanks in advance!

I'm really interested in purchasing a blackberry but I'm not sure about a couple o things.

Whether to go with a new bold/curve or a older model (with ball navigation) pearl for $200 cheaper.

Also which networks are you on and good/bad experiences. I Currently with fido and have nothing too bad to say about them.

Much thanks in advance!

Data plans would depend on the phone carrier. BlackBerrys compress data before sending it to your phone so it doesn't use as much (I have 500MB/mo and it's plenty). I'd recommend a Bold 9700 or a newer Curve. I have the Bold 9000 and it can be glitchy at times. But, overall, I like it and I'm most likely going to get another BlackBerry when I upgrade.

Much thanks in advance!

It really depends on what you do with your BlackBerry. It's different for every person. I only had Voice/Text when I first got my BlackBerry (Fido) and I just requested a BBM + Social networking add-on after. I had data for a short amount of time but I thought I was paying too much so I took that out.

Data plans would depend on the phone carrier. BlackBerrys compress data before sending it to your phone so it doesn't use as much (I have 500MB/mo and it's plenty). I'd recommend a Bold 9700 or a newer Curve. I have the Bold 9000 and it can be glitchy at times. But, overall, I like it and I'm most likely going to get another BlackBerry when I upgrade.

What OS is your Bold running? What kind of "glitches" are you experiencing?

When I upgraded to OS 5 from OS 4, I was very happy with the results :)

Ok... so I'm trying to upgrade my BB software to 5.0, but it keeps saying insufficient space on my phone and can't install. The problem is I just rebooted my entire phone, and it is pretty much clear of non-factory data. How do I clear more stuff of my phone in order to install? (I have 15 MB? I assume I need at least 50 or something...

What OS is your Bold running? What kind of "glitches" are you experiencing?

When I upgraded to OS 5 from OS 4, I was very happy with the results :)

It randomly deletes my SMS messages. Sometimes my phone freezes. Occasionally, BBM messages don't get sent/received until a lot later. I haven't upgraded yet so I might do that.

Ok... so I'm trying to upgrade my BB software to 5.0, but it keeps saying insufficient space on my phone and can't install. The problem is I just rebooted my entire phone, and it is pretty much clear of non-factory data. How do I clear more stuff of my phone in order to install? (I have 15 MB? I assume I need at least 50 or something...

I'm thinking that you have to wipe your entire phone (using BBSAK or a program that's similar) before loading OS 5. Check CrackBerry.com for more detailed instructions

Someone wanna add me to the group as well please

21D5BB6E

Done

It randomly deletes my SMS messages. Sometimes my phone freezes. Occasionally, BBM messages don't get sent/received until a lot later. I haven't upgraded yet so I might do that.

Yeah sounds like upgrading/restoring it would "fix" it

I need to know the biggest differences between Blackberry( mostly 9700) vs iphone 4

iPhone is touchscreen and Bold 9700 isn't. iPhone has more apps and games. BB has BBM (instant messenger between BB's)...etc.

I really don't get the whole BB vs iPhone debate that people seem to get into all the time. It really boils down to preference.

Archived