The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

OMG Heat Wave?

tapeboy

it's hootttttttttttttt :(

and i'm playing ball hockey tonight. oh boy just getting suited up will have me sweating!

Had a roller hockey game yesterday. Freaking insanely hot. :frantic:

*Edit - Besides the heat at the game I am enjoying the weather. Need to go to the beach today though.*

Edited by I_AM_CANUCKIAN

I'm dreading work later. I gotta walk to work! It's at a fast food place so they have hot tables. So heat wave walking to work, then serving customers their food over steamy tables to keep the food nice and hot. Only good place there is the dining and the walk in cooler.

ewww...I'm not a fan of this heat. I liked last week better.

Yeah, yeah...I know...I'm a whiner.

Anyway, at least I don't live in my old apartment. We were on the 5th floor (which was the top floor), next to the stairwell. As heat rises, we were the hottest apartment, getting it from above on the roof, too. The stairwell also acted as a nice heat collector.

It was indeed about 5 degrees cooler than outside, but we had a big heat wave and I swear I was melting.

People who enjoy this uncomfortable weather are wierd, its much easier to stay warm than to cool down. Your body is already at a high temperature combined with the heat. Im brown so it tell you im serious about hating the heat.

I cant wait till its raining and dark and hockey season!!!

Just got back from the ICBC Driver's Services office (or whatever it's called) and it was one of the worst experiences of my life!

(Had to pay a speeding ticket that was due tomorrow :()

The worst ever B.O. smell I've ever experienced. Worse than the smell of back alleys during summer garbage strikes. Worse than pavement vomit. Worse than any human waste or death smell. It was shocking and nauseating.

People please shower and use deodorant during this heat. Just basic levels of hygiene would have prevented this.

It was really busy and crowded but there's no reason that human beings should smell that bad.

I tried to open the door to air the place out (much to the relief of many people) but this one old clerk (surely with long since dead nasal functioning) told me to close it. She claimed that I was "letting the heat in." I answered that I was "letting the stench out."

Minor disruption resulted with many clients on my side but the staff (probably had been in there too long and were deadened to the stench) demanded the door stayed shut. Probably some safety policy also.

I sat by the door (trying to gasp fresh air as people arrived) for 30 minutes waiting to pay my fine (had to look for my number on the board--the glass is one-way so you can't stand outside).

People coming in the door had these comments:

"Oh my God! Did somebody die in here?"

"What the hell! What's up with the smell?"

"I think I'm gonna puke. What is that?"

"Is that B.O.? Smells like death!"

"Why does it smell so bad? This is insane!"

Not making these up. There were also many people gagging or smiling/laughing (nothing else you can do sometimes). Some people just gave up and left.

It was hell. Please, everyone: bath/shower daily and use deodorant (especially when it's hot). Please. Sweating is natural and some B.O. is unavoidable but this was just so extreme. :shock:

Just got back from the ICBC Driver's Services office (or whatever it's called) and it was one of the worst experiences of my life!

The worst ever B.O. smell I've ever experienced. Worse than the smell of back alleys during summer garbage strikes. Worse than pavement vomit. Worse than any human waste or death smell. It was shocking and nauseating.

People please shower and use deodorant during this heat. Just basic levels of hygiene would have prevented this.

It was really busy and crowded but there's no reason that human beings should smell that bad.

I tried to open the door to air the place out (much to the relief of many people) but this one old clerk (surely with long since dead nasal functioning) told me to close it. She claimed that I was "letting the heat in." I answered that I was "letting the stench out."

Minor disruption resulted with many clients on my side but the staff (probably had been in there too long and were deadened to the stench) demanded the door stayed shut. Probably some safety policy also.

I sat by the door (trying to gasp fresh air as people arrived) for 30 minutes waiting to pay my fine (had to look for my number on the board--the glass is one-way so you can't stand outside).

Not making these up. There were also many people gagging or smiling/laughing (nothing else you can do sometimes). Some people just gave up and left.

It was hell. Please, everyone: bath/shower daily and use deodorant (especially when it's hot). Please. Sweating is natural and some B.O. is unavoidable but this was just so extreme. :shock:

haha lol

well i shower everyday and use deodorant..so im fine!

:sick:

That must've sucked. Glad I haven't visited any buildings that smelled that bad.

:sick:

That must've sucked. Glad I haven't visited any buildings that smelled that bad.

Yeah, I'm not kidding about listing it as one of my worst ever experiences.

I'm no princess and I can usually handle bad smells (hockey gear, locker-rooms, bathrooms, changing baby diapers, whatever...). This was just crazy!

Felt like my nose and throat were burning. I kept using the hand sanitizer (would put 2 pumps on my hands and hold them over my mouth and nose--the medical scent helped a bit).

So glad it's over. :)