The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks re-sign Shane O'Brien

Guest AriGold

that is cool ob accepted his... if raymond is awarded anymore then 1.5-2mil trade him shroeder might be a nice fit on that line..they signed cody hogdenson to over 1mil enter contract what a waste the guy has not proved a thing in the nhl, do you know how many bust high draft picks there are. he has been to to camps and sent packing 2 times. if he ever make this team i will be surprised. and bieksa and alberts are not the only options we have to get under the cap..

that is cool ob accepted his... if raymond is awarded anymore then 1.5-2mil trade him shroeder might be a nice fit on that line..they signed cody hogdenson to over 1mil enter contract what a waste the guy has not proved a thing in the nhl, do you know how many bust high draft picks there are. he has been to to camps and sent packing 2 times. if he ever make this team i will be surprised. and bieksa and alberts are not the only options we have to get under the cap..

Shane's got his weaknesses now and then, but one has to admit, he's sure grown into a more responsible player in more ways than one.

I expect he'll have an even better season in respects to his play.

Thumbs up to the SOB.

if raymond wont sign with us we made a terrible mistake by trading away grabner??? what do you guys think we should of traded raymond away and still kept our first round for ballard.

That makes him an idiot. It's likely all of the forwards who filed for arbitration will be signed and for a total of about $4m. Add o'briens 1.6 to that and the canucks will be $3 million over the cap. If Bieksa is traded it will be a salary dump for a prospect or pick. We have zero room for a roster player unless you're suggesting that the second line winger we would supposedly get in a Bieksa deal is a replacement to Raymond and that the canucks have committed themselves to letting him walk for rfa compensation, which I doubt.

Archived