The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks to propose building $20-40-million practice rink at False Creek

nitronuts

Because if I was the developer I would simply wait until their was a city council that gave me what I felt was a fair deal.

What, you think there's going to be a park? How long has that stalemate been going on? Since 1986?

24 years of concrete wasteland has been the result of 24 years of stonewalling and holding on for what you want.

If you want a park THAT bad, the city should ask the province to expropriate it, they pay for it, and that's it.

Why would the developer build you a free park?

What's your argument here Ron?

You keep saying 'oh work with the developers, play nice and they'll play nice back'.

Well, how did we end up with a concrete wasteland? We played nice, told them they didn't have to build the park til all their towers were complete. So, they build 95% of their towers and sat on the last one for 20 years so they don't have to buld the park. Seems playing nice doesn't work so well.

• 1 year later...

Aquilini rental towers approved

VANCOUVER SUN JULY 20, 2012

Vancouver city council Thursday night approved the development of three new highrise towers by Aquilini Developments and Construction, run by the same family that owns the Canucks. According to the $300-million plan, a total of 614 one-, two-and three-bedroom rental units would be built in stages over the next several years with the last of the towers completed in the spring of 2016. The initial construction work has already started on the first tower, which the company said should be ready for occupancy in the spring of 2014. The second tower should be completed in the spring of 2015. The units, ranging in size from 500 to 900 square feet, will rent for between $1,100 and $2,160 a month.

Read more:

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Aquilini+rental+towers+approved/6963556/story.html#ixzz21DXWxiV7

Archived