The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks goal song update

octavarium93

Hey DJ Dave! Nice to see you posting again!

Since I live in Edmonton, I never get to go to Canucks games in Rogers Arena. However, I did last season and boy did I love the goal song! Since we are talking about (maybe) changing it, I vote for returning the Goal song from i think 2005: Elevation by U2.

Not only did it tie in with the entrance song (being the same band and all) but the crowd can really get into it, singing along, and it had a pretty good beat. Since the whole 'WWWHHOO!' thing came in after the Canucks scored, this song fits pretty good since the chorus vocals used are mainly 'whoo hoo!' (well, more of a 'wweeeeoooo', but whatever) and I personally think the crowd will dig it.

In Edmonton the DJ plays mostly classic rock, country and some top 40 stuff put in there. Edmonton recently got an organ player, and I love to hear him play. Something about an organ playing with hockey is just magical.

That's my two cents worth. If not Elevation, I would love to keep the current one, or have Holiday back.

Keep on a rock'n Dave!

Meet the creeper by rob zombie would be pretty sweet to skate out to aswell or Testify by rage against the machine maybe even Remedy by seether. All these songs would make me feel pumped up, plus make it a bit unique since I don't think they're in use by other teams. Aswell as the added benefit of not being a nickelback song

• 3 months later...

With the NHL and NHLPA reaching a tentative agreement today, I began to think about the Canucks potential new goal song.

And I have to say, even with the goal song being used just more than a season ago, I would still love the Canucks to bring Holiday back. I mean I also don't mind something new, but I dunno, Electric Worry was just bad..

With the NHL and NHLPA reaching a tentative agreement today, I began to think about the Canucks potential new goal song.

And I have to say, even with the goal song being used just more than a season ago, I would still love the Canucks to bring Holiday back. I mean I also don't mind something new, but I dunno, Electric Worry was just bad..

I like this.

Lyrics a bit obscure for a punk band.

Into the valley

Betrothed and divine

Realisations no virtue

But who can define

Why soldiers go marching

Those masses a line

This disease is catching

From victory to stone

Ahoy! Ahoy! Land, sea and sky

Ahoy! Ahoy! Boy, man and soldier

Ahoy! Ahoy! Deceived and then punctured

Ahoy! Ahoy! Long may they die

Out of concealment

Blank and stark eyed

Why so uncertain

This culture deceives

Prophesised, brainwashed

Tomorrow's demise

All systems failing

The placards unroll

Ahoy! Ahoy! Land, sea and sky

Ahoy! Ahoy! Boy, man and soldier

Ahoy! Ahoy! Deceived and then punctured

Ahoy! Ahoy! Long may they die

Time for the audit

The gathering trial

A collector's dilemma

Repositioned and filed

The Ole mash-up is still my favourite.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIh5QnJKlBY' rel="external nofollow">

We just need something that get's the crowd singing. Last years song didn't do that at all.

Starting at 30 second mark...18,000 fans at Rogers arena singing this would be very cool. Just the chant part...not the techno afterwards.

Archived