The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Big Bang Theory

KoreanHockeyFan

Penny has borrowed some money from Leonard and Sheldon in past episodes (or was it just Sheldon?). So maybe that's what's keeping her in the room and also her dad is probably also helping out a little.

And again, this show is f'ing awesome.

Yeah she borrowed from Sheldon. He had the money in a can with one of those toys that pop out. Funny stuff.

Just had a thought. How come Sheldon and Leonard, who are professors at a University, need roomates, yet Penny who is a waitress at the cheesecake factory, can live on her own ? Sheldon seems like the kind of guy who would never want to live with someone.

There was an entire episode on how Leonard and Sheldon met and why Sheldon needs that apartment. Apparently, the space where his seat is, is his centre of the universe. There were a few other reasons, but I forget.

Also, they seem to be cheap. They make professor salaries but wear t-shirts. Also, if Leonard and Sheldon are not working as full time professors, they could be just surviving on grants. Unless you have keen business sense, it can actually be pretty difficult to run a successful business suported by grants. It involves running a competent staff, charming people etc....

You'd also be suprised how much some waitresses make.

They may be cheap clothing wise, but they spend a lot on Comic books, video games, etc.

These things would add up. When their apartment was broken into, Sheldon was naming everything that was stolen. There was so many different game systems and games. They have computers. Their software is probably illegally downloaded. Action figures, and other collectibles. They eat out every night, go to the movies often. I doubt the writers go into this much detail but just pointing it out.

They spend their money on these types of things.

Still doesn't explain why they need a roommate. I guess they save extra money and Sheldon gets his ride to work every day. So I doubt they need a roommate, they just choose to have roommates.

• 1 year later...

They choose to be roommates because they are best friends and Sheldon saved Leonard's life (the reason why the elevator is broken). Also waitresses make a lot. I know of friends including my girlfriend who walk away with $200 in tips each night and only work 3 nights a week so that's 600 + their hourly wage a week for about 15 hours of work per week.

They choose to be roommates because they are best friends and Sheldon saved Leonard's life (the reason why the elevator is broken). Also waitresses make a lot. I know of friends including my girlfriend who walk away with $200 in tips each night and only work 3 nights a week so that's 600 + their hourly wage a week for about 15 hours of work per week.

more than a year late lol

• 1 year later...

Archived