The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Non-CDC Based Games

b3.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Serious, keener fantasy hockey owners sought who want to have fun being involved

in a very interactive new fantasy hockey "keeper" league.

I've run leagues similar to this online, with owners across North America. Before the

internet took over, I ran leagues where owners got together in person,

drafting in the same room, using pen and paper.

This won't be like most leagues where you draft once and forget about it. With this league

you will draft in September, plan ahead for waiver drafts in each of the following months,

till February (where you drop your deadbeats and add new players). Just before the main

draft there will be a rookie draft where all drafted NHL rookies are eligible to be selected.

This league will feature trading of picks, players, rookies and future waiver picks. So if

you are "out of it" in December, you can build your team for next year.

The idea is to invite owners who live and/or work in the Metro Vancouver

area. Live in person drafting would still have owners using their laptops to draft

via the Yahoo Hockey framework while getting together in one room.

Rookie drafts and waiver drafts would take place using MSN Messenger or Google Chat

but would also be possible to draft in the same room.

This league will have it's own dedicated Google Sheet that tracks draft picks, rookie

rosters etc.

26 players: 4 x C, 4 x LW, 4 x RW, 6 D, 2GT and 6 bench spots with 1 DL.

Rookie roster of up to 12 during the season.

8 keeper rookies and 8 keeper regular players from year to year.

If you fall out of contention trade for picks, waiver picks and rookies for next season.

This is a Fee based league (entry fee will be $50 to $100 depending on what the majority decides)

with all fees going back to top 3 winners (50%, 30%, 20%) and an amount for best second half.

Reply with a bit of a bio about you and why you should be considered for the league.

League details will be coming out soon but rest assured it is like nothing anyone

has ever seen. It's pretty close to the real thing, in the sense that you are always

building your team, whether for this year, or future years. Unlike regular drafts that

end right after the initial draft, planning for the next waiver, player bid, trade,

rookies etc. is always "on".

If you have any further questions you can reach me by email or MSN Messenger at

robbull1966@hotmail.com

Rob

If u guys want to join the league is id #3152 (puck puck goose)

Nickelback - head to head is each week u vs another player and u get 1 point in each category u ein, ie goals, assist, points, pppoints, pim, hits, blocked shots, etc. And at te end of the season there is a playoffs series. Best team wins. Yahoo has a better explanation then i do right now

If u guys want to join the league is id #3152 (puck puck goose)

Nickelback - head to head is each week u vs another player and u get 1 point in each category u ein, ie goals, assist, points, pppoints, pim, hits, blocked shots, etc. And at te end of the season there is a playoffs series. Best team wins. Yahoo has a better explanation then i do right now

Is it each WEEK you play someone new, or each DAY

Whats the league pass

• 2 weeks later...

I run a Yahoo fantasy league called CDCHL. We're in our 2nd year.

We are a 20 team keeper league that has most of it's players returned for yet another season but we need 1 or 2 solid GM's to take over some abandoned teams. None of these teams are in bad shape and have tons of talent on them.

We have 4 divisions, long playoffs and we have 1st 2nd and 3rd round draft picks available for trades in the league.

Most of the GM's are local to the British Columbia area but anyone may feel free to join. Those with a Yahoo profile showing they have been involved in leagues for a few years will get top priority though as we are looking for those who wish to stick around for many seasons.

Message me if you're interested.

Hey everyone,

I'm doing my annual Yahoo Fantasy hockey Pool for Canucks fans. I have not had all the previous season managers return so i'm looking to fill a few slots. This is a VERY competitive league which is only for active GM's. It will be a live draft and will be a deep league meaning this will really test your hockey knowledge.

So if your interested please join up!

Here is the link:

http://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/canucksfansrsmartest

Looking forward to competing against you ;)

Archived