The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Minecraft Thread

Diamond Smurf

Anyone else enjoying the new Beta?

A lot of people are saying there's a lot of lagging but I haven't noticed any difference.

The only 2 new features I've noticed so far are:

-Decaying leafs (They don't stay there anymore)

-Throwing eggs (Causing damage to enemy)

Apparently there's a "secret"

On a side note I've finally really got into the game I started building a city with castle walls around which will connect to 3 more locations. Love my location! The terrain is amazing!

Hey I have my own server and i've made quite a bunch of stuff with friends. My town looks like vegas from above!

EDIT:

here's some castle we made..

2cdgwaa.jpg

overview of our minicity from above, daytime

minecraft3.jpg

roads and tunnel- a tunnel we made that leads to another part of the city

minecraft4.jpg

our jail

minecraft5.jpg

some scenery, and the CN tower!

minecraft8.jpg

stairs that lead to our water canal passage.. it's basically a skytrain where you can drive boats

minecraft7.jpg

the station

minecraft9.jpg

a boat lol

minecraft10.jpg

our theatre/church

minecraftz.jpg

inside of the theatre/church (yeah we were very elaborate and brief on the interior, although this doesn't show much of the inside, just the stage)

minecraft6.jpg

garden/house

minecraft1.jpg

Very Nice! ^^^^

I'm still in the process of making mine. Its going to be a really small town with a castle wall around it but I'm going to make a train line going to 2 other locations in the mountains. Its going to look great once its done.

Here's some images.

My lighthouse (I made it and then somehow didn't realized I was on a lake until I was done :picard: On the other side where those torches are will be location #1 and through the mountains will be location #2 in a huge valley.

Picture1.png

My docks and boathouse. (Will be used as a ferry to get to other side of lake to "location #1"

Picture2.png

This is my "village" that I'm working on. I'm actually working hard right now taking down the sides of the two hills so I can actually expand the walls to get it a big bigger. I plan on building small homes and buildings for restaurants and mining homes since I plan on going straight down under the town.

Picture3.png

• 4 weeks later...

I'd definitely recommend the game. It's worth the $15 or whatever it costs, especially because your money isn't going into some big video game corporation that doesn't give a crap about its customers. I'd recommend this game to anyone who enjoys building or exploring in any way.

I just played it again but couldn't manage to find a cave to explore that was close to my spawn point. Is there a trick to spotting ones that will have lots of coal/iron/etc or do you just keep digging until you reach it? Any other tips while were on the topic would be appreciated.

I'd definitely recommend the game. It's worth the $15 or whatever it costs, especially because your money isn't going into some big video game corporation that doesn't give a crap about its customers. I'd recommend this game to anyone who enjoys building or exploring in any way.

I just played it again but couldn't manage to find a cave to explore that was close to my spawn point. Is there a trick to spotting ones that will have lots of coal/iron/etc or do you just keep digging until you reach it? Any other tips while were on the topic would be appreciated.

Can you build multiple worlds without destroying your previous one (so pretty much save multiple worlds you created). Also, how does the multiplayer essentially work (just a quick explanation :P ) I'm also wondering if the only way to DOWNLOAD the game is to buy it (vs playing it over your browser through classic mode, i don't mean anything illegal).

Archived