The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kevin Bieksa you are really...

Zigmund.Palffy

Who do you replace him with?

What happens if/when Salo gets hurt again, or doesn't recover?

Do you want to see another playoffs with Rome Alberts Baumgartner (I guess Parent now) again.

Even the so-called "moderates" like Wallstreet have opined that the Canucks will get instantly better as soon as Bieksa is gone, without a thought of what that does to the current depth chart. (or as you say, the chances of Salo re-injuring himself)

Apparently, they're serious.

Even the so-called "moderates" like Wallstreet have opined that the Canucks will get instantly better as soon as Bieksa is gone, without a thought of what that does to the current depth chart. (or as you say, the chances of Salo re-injuring himself)

Apparently, they're serious.

Who else can we get rid of, that has equal to or greater than Salo's salary, that will not affect the depth chart moreso?

Samuelsson perhaps?? But we might want to hang onto him over Bieksa.. there was a thread about that

I don't see who else on D we could move that would not hurt the "depth" even worse - and we can't keep Salo, Bieksa, AND everyone else.

The depth is going to take a hit somewhere - we knew were virtually over the cap when the season began.

My main concern is that if we keep Bieksa and we have to give him a raise, we might have to permanently have HIM in our top 6 (Even with the cap going up 2m.) instead of Ehrhoff. And I'm sorry, but Ehrhoff > Bieksa.

Who else can we get rid of, that has equal to or greater than Salo's salary, that will not affect the depth chart moreso?

Who we "get rid of" is beside the point. I am well aware of the Cap situation and who is the logical choice to be moved.

What I was referring to is the assertion by the anti-Bieksa crowd that his departure will automatically make the team "better" defensively.

Who we "get rid of" is beside the point. I am well aware of the Cap situation and who is the logical choice to be moved.

What I was referring to is the assertion by the anti-Bieksa crowd that his departure will automatically make the team "better" defensively.

Of course it won't - addition by subtraction nary works in professional hockey.

Unless we're talking about Jokinen and Tanguay, for example LOL ;)

Get rid of = trade, deal, ship, move, etc etc etc etc. Semantics.

Samuelsson perhaps?? But we might want to hang onto him over Bieksa.. there was a thread about that

I don't see who else on D we could move that would not hurt the "depth" even worse - and we can't keep Salo, Bieksa, AND everyone else.

The depth is going to take a hit somewhere - we knew were virtually over the cap when the season began.

My main concern is that if we keep Bieksa and we have to give him a raise, we might have to permanently have HIM in our top 6 (Even with the cap going up 2m.) instead of Ehrhoff. And I'm sorry, but Ehrhoff > Bieksa.

I'm no Cap expert. So I will leave it in the hands of MG and his cronies to figure it out. But they have been working it already from what I can see.

Burrows was probably able to come back in game 7 or 8, but they made sure he stayed out for the 10 game period so some of his contract will get knocked off.

Also didn't Chicago get penalized for their cap issues, and did they not win a cup, and do they not still have Toews, Kane, Kieth, Seabrook, Hossa, Sharp, and Campbell on their team.

I'm no Cap expert. So I will leave it in the hands of MG and his cronies to figure it out. But they have been working it already from what I can see.

Burrows was probably able to come back in game 7 or 8, but they made sure he stayed out for the 10 game period so some of his contract will get knocked off.

Also didn't Chicago get penalized for their cap issues, and did they not win a cup, and do they not still have Toews, Kane, Kieth, Seabrook, Hossa, Sharp, and Campbell on their team.

He was ineligible to return before 10 games as he was on LTIR.

Chicago penalized themselves by handing out bonuses - one of which was for Toews I believe to win the Conn Smythe. ($1.3m bonus, they had to defer 4m worth of bonuses to this year's salary cap instead of last year)

You're also not listing the dozen or so players they had to let go - and now their depth is shabby at best, and that's an understatement.

Then you and I are in agreement.

However, the likes of CANUCKELION, Tatoes and even Wallstreet, who claims to "defend" Bieksa on occasion disagree with us.

well we would not get a an equal dman in return, because then we would gt his equal cap.......

We will deal him for a draft pick and or futures. So Rupert is saying that the naysayers are chomping at the bit to get rid of Bieksa, and they will still gripe if we don't win the cup...

Then you and I are in agreement.

However, the likes of CANUCKELION, Tatoes and even Wallstreet, who claims to "defend" Bieksa on occasion disagree with us.

I've rarely seen Wallstreet say anything that isn't backed up by a logical argument - but then again, I haven't bothered to sit down and read all 281235923 pages of this thread :lol:

Just thought I'd chime in!

well we would not get a an equal dman in return, because then we would gt his equal cap.......

We will deal him for a draft pick and or futures. So Rupert is saying that the naysayers are chomping at the bit to get rid of Bieksa, and they will still gripe if we don't win the cup...

Everyone always gripes about everything.

When we win the cup, there will still be 10 threads about ZOMG why didn't we sweep the cup finals..

or Why did Luon5o let in 5 goals in Game 3 FAIL

He was ineligible to return before 10 games as he was on LTIR.

Chicago penalized themselves by handing out bonuses - one of which was for Toews I believe to win the Conn Smythe. ($1.3m bonus, they had to defer 4m worth of bonuses to this year's salary cap instead of last year)

You're also not listing the dozen or so players they had to let go - and now their depth is shabby at best, and that's an understatement.

Who put him on LTIR by the way....

MG and his cronies so that they can subtract some of his salary from the cap.....

We don't have to keep bieksa or give him a raise.

Also depending on where negotiations are with Ehrhoff that may also be an option regardless of what the fans think or feel.

We don't have to keep bieksa or give him a raise.

Also depending on where negotiations are with Ehrhoff that may also be an option regardless of what the fans think or feel.

We have to trade someone THIS YEAR.

Who put him on LTIR by the way....

MG and his cronies so that they can subtract some of his salary from the cap.....

I'm aware who makes the decisions around here. I was just saying there's no "keeping him out" that long - we HAD to put him on LTIR and we HAD to keep him on it for 10 games, even if he was ready sooner. That's all I was saying.

I've rarely seen Wallstreet say anything that isn't backed up by a logical argument - but then again, I haven't bothered to sit down and read all 281235923 pages of this thread :lol:

Just thought I'd chime in!

Everyone always gripes about everything.

When we win the cup, there will still be 10 threads about ZOMG why didn't we sweep the cup finals..

or Why did Luon5o let in 5 goals in Game 3 FAIL

Exactly my point.

We are winning - 2nd in the Western conference, and we seem to castrate our players anyways.

As I said earlier every mistake is magnified, but every good play is ignored!! This double standard is rediculous.

I am starting to feel like my Friends do about Canucks fans. I know its a little Mutinous, but seriously, there are more teams than the Nucks, and there are more players than Bieksa in the NHL.

Also we cannot win every game, and we cannot score every time we touch the puck.

For the record, I'm okay with moving Bieksa (preferably to the eastern conf) for picks and/or prospects. We have to shed salary, but the last thing I want to see is an asset wasted on another guy to challenge for the "coveted" 4th line center spot.

The guys who I have a problem with are quite simply, the ones who don't see kevin Bieksa as an asset. There are many of them, which is one reason I spend so much time in this thread.

For the record, I'm okay with moving Bieksa (preferably to the eastern conf) for picks and/or prospects. We have to shed salary, but the last thing I want to see is an asset wasted on another guy to challenge for the "coveted" 4th line center spot.

The guys who I have a problem with are quite simply, the ones who don't see kevin Bieksa as an asset. There are many of them, which is one reason I spend so much time in this thread.

Me too Man - It is almost inevitable that KB is going to get moved, but as you say the ppl that call him a bum don't know what they are talking about.

They live inside a bubble where reason and common sense cannot enter, only stubbornness and negativity can.

Its absolutley asinine!!

Me too Man - It is almost inevitable that KB is going to get moved, but as you say the ppl that call him a bum don't know what they are talking about.

They live inside a bubble where reason and common sense cannot enter, only stubbornness and negativity can.

Its absolutley asinine!!

^^

LOL

Kinda like:

"Trade that BUM Bieksa for Hedman + 1st"

People tend to contradict themselves sometimes..

Only if Salo comes back and we need to shed Cap.

Who get traded will depend on a lot of things:

- play

- fit with the team direction

- cap hit

- depth

- if it's contact renewal time then asking price.

- etc etc etc

If there's one thing you can accuse MG of is being methodical. I doubt he will make a move without consdiering all the factors. Can't be said about all GMs.

+1

We have to trade someone THIS YEAR.

I'm aware who makes the decisions around here. I was just saying there's no "keeping him out" that long - we HAD to put him on LTIR and we HAD to keep him on it for 10 games, even if he was ready sooner. That's all I was saying.

Only if Salo comes back and we need to shed Cap.

Who get traded will depend on a lot of things:

- play

- fit with the team direction

- cap hit

- depth

- if it's contact renewal time then asking price.

- etc etc etc

If there's one thing you can accuse MG of is being methodical. I doubt he will make a move without consdiering all the factors. Can't be said about all GMs.

Exactly my point.

We are winning - 2nd in the Western conference, and we seem to castrate our players anyways.

As I said earlier every mistake is magnified, but every good play is ignored!! This double standard is rediculous.

I am starting to feel like my Friends do about Canucks fans. I know its a little Mutinous, but seriously, there are more teams than the Nucks, and there are more players than Bieksa in the NHL.

Also we cannot win every game, and we cannot score every time we touch the puck.

This. I had no comments about Bieksa until a few months ago when the ridiculousness seemed to reach a new level brought on by the Salo/cap "issue".

This. I had no comments about Bieksa until a few months ago when the ridiculousness seemed to reach a new level brought on by the Salo/cap "issue".

Even when he basically cost us the series against Chicago? (I think this is where a lot of the hostility toward him is coming from - another isolated bad play, but a costly one nonetheless)

Archived