The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kevin Bieksa you are really...

Zigmund.Palffy

I'm starting to like you more as well.

Though i liked your pictures of the Canucks plenty fine before, also.

And as a summary for all, of Bieksa's 2nd period...

He was sound defensively.....made good rushes again, like the 1st period....and made a great pass to Burr. So his offensive instincts are still quite sound.

i'm sure his good game tonight will continue into the third....we'll see.

How come you don't give summaries when he plays like crap? ;)

And to finish my summary tonight.....Bieksa rounded off a solid game....with good offensive rushes, sound defencive positional play in overtime...and we won the game.

Juice had a good game tonight. Great would have been getting on the scoresheet...but, because he didn't he had a good game...

And no one in their right mind can say anything less.

But i would love it if you did.

Great game by Bieksa tonight he looks like a guy who could get a raise not a pay cut.

Bieksa was a force tonight making tons of great plays showing he can be a top defender on this team also big props to the warrior Bieksa blocking that shot and taking it in the face and then right back out next shift he is one tough sob.

Bieksa was our best dmen by a mile tonight anyone who says this guy can't help the team and does nothing right is a complete idiot.

On a side note because so many think Edler is so much better then Bieksa Edler played like crap tonight i counted about 20 small to huge mistakes Edler made during this game he was very bad.

Bieksa > Edler tonight Bieksa was 10 times better.

Great game by Bieksa tonight he looks like a guy who could get a raise not a pay cut.

Bieksa was a force tonight making tons of great plays showing he can be a top defender on this team also big props to the warrior Bieksa blocking that shot and taking it in the face and then right back out next shift he is one tough sob.

Bieksa was our best dmen by a mile tonight anyone who says this guy can't help the team and does nothing right is a complete idiot.

On a side note because so many think Edler is so much better then Bieksa Edler played like crap tonight i counted about 20 small to huge mistakes Edler made during this game he was very bad.

Bieksa > Edler tonight Bieksa was 10 times better.

This.

Can we please as a society stop using terms made popular by TLC?

I know I might be chasing waterfalls in the red light special here but I just wanna creep around this unpretty stuff like a turntable everytime I hear that term.

Christ I'm still tipsy...baby baby baby.

LISA2%20.JPG

Ander-LeftEye.jpg

Juice had a good game tonight. Great would have been getting on the scoresheet...but, because he didn't he had a good game...

Could very easily have been. Torres, Burrows and Daniel all had excellent chances on set-ups from Bieksa, but were unable to convert. (Danny's on a rebound)

Should have passed to Kesler instead....

Bieksa played both goals terrible tonight...

Yeah. Especially on the first one when he just sat on the player's bench and did nothing.

That Bieksa kid was pretty darn good tonite.

Again I disagree with your assessment and Sharpie's assessment is ridiculous, Bowness saw it differently as well.

Here is Rick Bowness' take on the D.

when asked to rate the defence as a whole, Bowness said: "I can't do it until Sami Salo gets back. He's our best defenceman."

Edler, for his part, picked up an assist, finished plus-two and led all players with 27:25 of ice time. He remains the closest thing the Canucks have to a bona fide No. 1 and it's conceivable he'll find an All-Star level, much the way the Sedins found that level in mid-career."Nick Lidstrom didn't win his first Norris until he was 31," Bowness points out.

In the 3-2 overtime win, none of the blueliners played a starring role but Hamhuis and Alex Edler were excellent, Ballard was solid and Kevin Bieksa was pretty good

The last quote clearly puts BXa @ #6 behind Salo, Edler, Hamhuis, Ehrhoff + Ballard.tongue.gif

http://www.theprovin...5234/story.html

I would say Bieksa had his best game of the year offensively last night, but still looked out of place a couple times in his own zone which led to scoring chances.

It was an improvement.

@Canucklelion, that last quote isn't from Bowness, that's just what the writer thinks.

He was our best dman through the first 40. Then the puck hit him in the face and he didn't play AS well, but I would say in the third he was still at least the second best Dman.

Archived