The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kevin Bieksa you are really...

Zigmund.Palffy

I would say Bieksa had his best game of the year offensively last night, but still looked out of place a couple times in his own zone which led to scoring chances.

It was an improvement.

@Canucklelion, that last quote isn't from Bowness, that's just what the writer thinks.

Oops you are right, I stand corrected, personally I thought Bieksa was at his classic lackadaisical best last night, especially late in the 3rd when his leaden butt skating almost gave up a chance to Nash on a shoot in.

Oops you are right, I stand corrected, personally I thought Bieksa was at his classic lackadaisical best last night, especially late in the 3rd when his leaden butt skating almost gave up a chance to Nash on a shoot in.

Agreed he was nothing impressive.

Can we please as a society stop using terms made popular by TLC?

I know I might be chasing waterfalls in the red light special here but I just wanna creep around this unpretty stuff like a turntable everytime I hear that term.

Christ I'm still tipsy...baby baby baby.

Your impassioned plea....makes me wanna Shoop.

I think that all depends on your expectations of him. Much like how a season ago Edler was taking a lot of crap around here. It was because peoples expectations were already that he was going to be Lidstrom when he didn't deliver it somehow meant he was a failure.

If your expectations of Bieksa is that he's going to be the top D man for the team then yes I agree he's nothing impressive.

Sanford, Canucklion and wallstreetamigo,

Time and time again you make incredulous comments on Bieksa's play and refuse to see any good in his game. He gets the minutes he does because the coaching staff and his teammates believe in his skills and his capabilities as a player. Last night he was our best D-man by far, solid in his own end, choosing good times to activate in the offensive zone, jumping into the rush, solid breakouts and very few issues in the defensive zone.

This will be the last time I bother to read anything you write or comment on as it is clear to me you have limited hockey knowledge or experience. I don't wish to waste my time any longer because you are hateful, blind and ignorant on this subject.

I often get frustrated when Bieksa has an off night and was concerned with his play after returning from his injuries the last few years. I ocassionally question some of the stretch passes he attempts but I can still manage to watch his play without prejudice and recognize his value to this team. The Canucks are a better team with him than without.

You are SO stubborn my friend.

I want to challenge you to watch Edler - Hamhuis - Ehrhoff, or maybe a different teams D as close as you watch KB for about a month. Then after that period come back to this thread and give an objective opinion about how bad KB is compared to other D.

As I told you a few days ago. Mistakes happen in the NHL - Teams strategically play to maximize opponents mistakes, and minimze their own. D-men are huge targets in this. IMO KB has a very good first pass out of the zone which is one thing teams stress is clogging up the neutral zone to create turnovers off that first pass. KB also gets caught pinching or makes the wrong decision a couple of times on 2-1's 3-2's, but he also makes right decisions as well. I have never seen a D be 100% correct on all decisions. There are ways to play it safe, but sometimes the speed and skill of the forwards rushing in on you and what kind of momentum you have as a D (remember skating forwards is faster than skating backwards) dictate how you anticipate a play going down.

Again I challenge you to pick a few players on other teams as well as the nucks, and scrutinize/praise their decision making and overall play as much as you do for KB.

Good Luck!!

Time and time again you make incredulous comments on Bieksa's play and refuse to see any good in his game. He gets the minutes he does because the coaching staff and his teammates believe in his skills and his capabilities as a player. Last night he was our best D-man by far, solid in his own end, choosing good times to activate in the offensive zone, jumping into the rush, solid breakouts and very few issues in the defensive zone.

This will be the last time I bother to read anything you write or comment on as it is clear to me you have limited hockey knowledge or experience. I don't wish to waste my time any longer because you are hateful, blind and ignorant on this subject.

I often get frustrated when Bieksa has an off night and was concerned with his play after returning from his injuries the last few years. I ocassionally question some of the stretch passes he attempts but I can still manage to watch his play without prejudice and recognize his value to this team. The Canucks are a better team with him than without.

Bieksa is a liability to the Nuck's defence, as far as his first pass goes, over the last 4 games, his partner Hammy has been doing all the work when the puck is in the Nuck's zone, he draws a couple of checkers and dishes the puck off to an unchecked Bieksa who generally gets the puck out of the zone with a typical VGH type pass between a forwards legs. Nope all the Bieksa love talk in the world isn't going to change the fact he is a #6 Dman at best on the Nuck's. The team will be better off when he's gone.

Bieksa is a liability to the Nuck's defence, as far as his first pass goes, over the last 4 games, his partner Hammy has been doing all the work when the puck is in the Nuck's zone, he draws a couple of checkers and dishes the puck off to an unchecked Bieksa who generally gets the puck out of the zone with a typical VGH type pass between a forwards legs. Nope all the Bieksa love talk in the world isn't going to change the fact he is a #6 Dman at best on the Nuck's. The team will be better off when he's gone.

Lol

lawl?

You lost me at " last night he was our best D-man by far" . LOL. Never. Ever.

Archived