The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kevin Bieksa you are really...

Zigmund.Palffy

I think I speak for the majority of CDC when i say.. please CANUCKLELION, pick a new player to hate next year.. you've been hating on Bieksa and Hansen for a while now, and they both are playing MUCH better.. so for the sake of bettering the team, pick some new players to hate please.

I think I speak for the majority of CDC when i say.. please CANUCKLELION, pick a new player to hate next year.. you've been hating on Bieksa and Hansen for a while now, and they both are playing MUCH better.. so for the sake of bettering the team, pick some new players to hate please.

I seriously doubt Bxa will be a Nuck next year, so no worries, lol.

Hansen has added a physical element to his game this year and thus, on a healthy Nuck team, he has earned a 4th line job. I still maintain that his lack of hands limits his usefulness and frankly if he wants to go to arbitration again, I suspect the team will cut him loose.

Why not pick on Bieksa? He is the biggest liability on the team...

Sanford, Canucklion and wallstreetamigo,

Time and time again you make incredulous comments on Bieksa's play and refuse to see any good in his game. He gets the minutes he does because the coaching staff and his teammates believe in his skills and his capabilities as a player. Last night he was our best D-man by far, solid in his own end, choosing good times to activate in the offensive zone, jumping into the rush, solid breakouts and very few issues in the defensive zone.

This will be the last time I bother to read anything you write or comment on as it is clear to me you have limited hockey knowledge or experience. I don't wish to waste my time any longer because you are hateful, blind and ignorant on this subject.

I often get frustrated when Bieksa has an off night and was concerned with his play after returning from his injuries the last few years. I ocassionally question some of the stretch passes he attempts but I can still manage to watch his play without prejudice and recognize his value to this team. The Canucks are a better team with him than without.

Your right man this canucklion and the other clowns are just flat out annoying they make no sense at all and are beyond pathetic with all their lame attempts to make any sense failing miserably.

The thing that will make me the happiest will be when Bieksa sticks with our team and never gets traded knowing how much it will bother these foolish haters.

What i surprise canucklion doesn't like Hansen. This Hansen kid has been awesome for us and turning into one of the best PK players in the game. Hansen will be needed on this team in the clutch when the games get important and i couldn't be happier that Hansen is a part of it.

There is no doubt in my mind that Bieksa and Hansen contribute a lot to the Canucks and will be very important players on the team this season and the playoffs but some people just aren't smart enough to see that its that simple.

Again I disagree with your assessment and Sharpie's assessment is ridiculous, Bowness saw it differently as well.

Here is Rick Bowness' take on the D.

The last quote clearly puts BXa @ #6 behind Salo, Edler, Hamhuis, Ehrhoff + Ballard.tongue.gif

http://www.theprovin...5234/story.html

Neither of those first two quotes dispute BedBeats statement that Bieksa was good last night.

You may disagree with that assessment, but it surprises no-one. Also not surprising I'm sure, is that I agree with Bedbeats and disagree with you.

I was a good game for Bieksa.

Oops you are right, I stand corrected, personally I thought Bieksa was at his classic lackadaisical best last night, especially late in the 3rd when his leaden butt skating almost gave up a chance to Nash on a shoot in.

Nice work. It must have taken all your investigative "skills" to find an instance in the game where Bieksa did something that "almost gave up a chance".

Agreed he was nothing impressive.

I was impressed, and according to the Province article that CANUCKELION posted in a failed attempt to make him look bad, so was Bowness and Ed Willes.

Bieksa is a liability to the Nuck's defence, as far as his first pass goes, over the last 4 games, his partner Hammy has been doing all the work when the puck is in the Nuck's zone, he draws a couple of checkers and dishes the puck off to an unchecked Bieksa who generally gets the puck out of the zone with a typical VGH type pass between a forwards legs.

A lesson for all would-be trolls:

If you don't have any actual evidence to support your claims, make something up. In fact, the more outrageous a fantasy you make it, the more self-important you're going to feel.

(It also helps to include an "lol" at the end of every post. That lets your fellow trolls know you're being funny and they can chime in with an "LMAO" in response)

Why not pick on Bieksa? He is the biggest liability on the team...

What's the point when it's not even warranted though? Is it seriously that hard to try to support the players that are trying to get us a cup?

Bieksa had a rough start to the season and now because of that, seems like people rag on him over the smallest things, even if he fans on a shot...

For those who are interested, here is what Bowness really thinks about Bieksa:

But it's the subtleties that Canucks associate coach Rick Bowness appreciates.

"I know his offensive numbers are down (2-3-5 in 28 games), but defensively this is the best he's played since he's been here," said Bowness, who handles the club's defence.

"His consistency, his decision-making, his compete level is still there and the offence is going to come."

It could date back to a frank discussion Bieksa had with Bowness at the start of training camp.

"I said let's define a role. What do you think?" said Bowness.

What came out of it was that Bieksa would go back to more of a shut-down role – the same thing he'd done with former Canuck Willie Mitchell when he first broke in.

But at a point two seasons ago it was deemed that the more consistent Salo would play with Mitchell in that role instead.

"The agreement was we would come to a consensus what my role would be and make sure I was happy with it and I took pride in it," Bieksa said.

"I think a lot of games you'll see it switched up, depending on how they see the match-ups. But when I'm out there against the top line I take a lot of pride in it. You know if you shut them down you have a good chance to win."

Early on this season, it was clear that pairing Bieksa with Hamhuis – excellent in his own end and a proven shut-down player – would be the plan.

"When you look at it, we liked the offence that Christian (Ehrhoff) and Alex (Edler) get together and we play them with the twins as much as possible," said Bowness. "It takes a a little bit of the defensive responsibility from those two and Kevin has shown in the past he can be a shut-down guy."

Has the new partnership with Hamhuis benefited Bieksa?

"It's takes time to build that," said Bowness. "More importantly for Kevin, it's that his decision-making is good. He's not chasing the game, he's letting the game come to him. You can't be a shut-down guy and be running all over the ice trying to do everything. That's for anybody who is in that role, because you're playing against the elite players in the league."

From Jim Jamieson's article in the Province. (originally posted in another thread by ladii.canucklehead)

Note the bolded part about the twins. For those who dispute that the Edler - Ehrhoff pairing gets the lion's share of ice time with them.

Oops you are right, I stand corrected, personally I thought Bieksa was at his classic lackadaisical best last night, especially late in the 3rd when his leaden butt skating almost gave up a chance to Nash on a shoot in.

Funny how the Bieksa lovers never see these things and he literally does like at least 20 of these brutal plays every night and makes it extremely hard on his team mates. I guess they are just too dense to notice things around them and can't put them 2 and 2 together. Or they just assume it is okay when someone covers up for his mistakes.

Great game by Bieksa tonight he looks like a guy who could get a raise not a pay cut.

Bieksa was a force tonight making tons of great plays showing he can be a top defender on this team also big props to the warrior Bieksa blocking that shot and taking it in the face and then right back out next shift he is one tough sob.

Bieksa was our best dmen by a mile tonight anyone who says this guy can't help the team and does nothing right is a complete idiot.

On a side note because so many think Edler is so much better then Bieksa Edler played like crap tonight i counted about 20 small to huge mistakes Edler made during this game he was very bad.

Bieksa > Edler tonight Bieksa was 10 times better.

WOW! God you are clueless. LOL

The truth is the only thing about Bieksa that is tough is that he is tough to watch him, he is a horrible defender, and as far as your hollow assertions that Bieksa is aggressive, the 3 gif's below show a pansy in the crease afraid to take the man, he would rather fish for the puck. He not only screens Bobby Lou but he even scores on him. I defy you to find even one gif that shows Edler making gaffes as bad as Bieksa does regularly. The reality is that Bieksa will be moved and Edler will be a Canuck for a long time.

xyj6o73hcixztajm85n.gifbieksa.gif

9pvzg0.gif

WOW! I almost forgot how crapty he is at clearing the crease and tracking down the puck. It is unbelievable sometimes to think that we had both Bieksa and Pyatt at one point. The worst people in the league at finding pucks and receiving passes.

I remember the Detroit one clearly. He literally took like 5 seconds to realize that the puck was at his feet. 5 seconds is HUGE in a game where a split second counts.haha Worst player ever easily! Even AHlers have better fundamentals.

Funny how the Bieksa lovers never see these things and he literally does like at least 20 of these brutal plays every night and makes it extremely hard on his team mates. I guess they are just too dense to notice things around them and can't put them 2 and 2 together. Or they just assume it is okay when someone covers up for his mistakes.

WOW! I almost forgot how crapty he is at clearing the crease and tracking down the puck. It is unbelievable sometimes to think that we had both Bieksa and Pyatt at one point. The worst people in the league at finding pucks and receiving passes.

I remember the Detroit one clearly. He literally took like 5 seconds to realize that the puck was at his feet. 5 seconds is HUGE in a game where a split second counts.haha Worst player ever easily! Even AHlers have better fundamentals.

Wow, Tatoes. You are at your moronic best (worst?) this morning. 20 times per night? 5 seconds?

Let me guess: You keep your fly unzipped in case you have to count to 11, don't you?

For those who are interested, here is what Bowness really thinks about Bieksa:

From Jim Jamieson's article in the Province. (originally posted in another thread by ladii.canucklehead)

Note the bolded part about the twins. For those who dispute that the Edler - Ehrhoff pairing gets the lion's share of ice time with them.

Yes the Edler - Ehrhoff pairing gets the lion's share of ice time with the Twins, because they are effective, even when Bxa got his time he managed a career +/- minus 20. Bieksa is a liability, even when playing with the twins. He is a minus player.

CANUCKLELION is all you do is bitch and complain about bieksa most team,s would love to have him well rounded defender.

most team,s would love to have him ? I have to call BS on that statement, the fact he is still a Nuck proves no team wants him and his rude contract, hopefully MG won't have to waive him to move him when Salo is ready to return.

Archived