The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kevin Bieksa you are really...

Zigmund.Palffy

I think if he keeps up his marginal play he will be easier for management to move, because some other team may actually want him.lol

So he was marginal last night??

Having the best plus minus in the entire team and two assists is marginal???

Give your head a shake....you must be the only true hater left. All your hater buddies have pretty much disappeared in the wake of a solid game by Juice. Give it a rest as well. You're looking beyond silly.

So he was marginal last night??

Having the best plus minus in the entire team and two assists is marginal???

Give your head a shake....you must be the only true hater left. All your hater buddies have pretty much disappeared in the wake of a solid game by Juice. Give it a rest as well. You're looking beyond silly.

So what is he now, a career +/-, plus 3? BFD, even a blind 3 legged dog finds a bone once in a blue moon. I can'r wait till salo gets back. lol

So what is he now, a career +/-, plus 3? BFD, even a blind 3 legged dog finds a bone once in a blue moon. I can'r wait till salo gets back. lol

Yeah, because being named the third star of the game is also something else a blind three legged dog could accomplish too, right?

I love how it's just eating you up that he had a really good night.

Just love it.

...lol.

I asked you this quite a while ago and you didn't respond, so I'll ask again: Who cares about his career numbers? It's how he's playing right now that's important.

You also didn't deign to answer my question about Salo's effectiveness upon returning from a ruptured Achilles. Are you convinced that we'll see the same Salo we're used to when he returns?

BTW: "Marginal" is about as poor an assessment as everything else you post.

Yeah, because being named the third star of the game is also something else a blind three legged dog could accomplish too, right?

I love how it's just eating you up that he had a really good night.

Just love it.

...lol.

If he's ever the 3rd star vs SJ or Detroit, I'll sit up and take notice, but to say anyone looks NHL good when playing Toronto, Edm., or another bottom feeder team is setting the bar pretty low. The Nuck's are winning of late, and that is a good thing, but they haven't exactly been playing against the NHL elite. They haven't even been playing as well or dominant as expected, something is missing, oh yeah, SALO.

If he's ever the 3rd star vs SJ or Detroit, I'll sit up and take notice, but to say anyone looks NHL good when playing Toronto, Edm., or another bottom feeder team is setting the bar pretty low. The Nuck's are winning of late, and that is a good thing, but they haven't exactly been playing against the NHL elite. They haven't even been playing as well or dominant as expected, something is missing, oh yeah, SALO.

Guess who one of the best PK'ers on the team has been?!

Kevin Bieksa continues to make the haters look like fools.

Bieksa is a beast on the PK this year and decent defensively 5-on-5. His right handed shot makes him somewhat of value on the second PP unit.

If he can improve his offensive play and move into the 30-35 point range he will earn his paycheck. His defensive play has improved leaps and bounds since last year.

I asked you this quite a while ago and you didn't respond, so I'll ask again: Who cares about his career numbers? It's how he's playing right now that's important.

You also didn't deign to answer my question about Salo's effectiveness upon returning from a ruptured Achilles. Are you convinced that we'll see the same Salo we're used to when he returns?

BTW: "Marginal" is about as poor an assessment as everything else you post.

Two things, Salo has had numerous and varied injuries, groin etc., I don't recall him ever being slow to attain his past form upon returning from a lengthy or severe injury related absence. In fact I remember him outplaying BXa with one nut tied behind his back.

Nope I am as impressed with Salo's ability to recover from injury as I am with his propensity to take punishment and still excel on D. My money is on Salo, as good as people say BXa is Salo still brings more to the table ie. size , shot, brain, etc. for his cap hit.

Two things, Salo has had numerous and varied injuries, groin etc., I don't recall him ever being slow to attain his past form upon returning from a lengthy or severe injury related absence. In fact I remember him outplaying BXa with one nut tied behind his back.

Nope I am as impressed with Salo's ability to recover from injury as I am with his propensity to take punishment and still excel on D. My money is on Salo, as good as people say BXa is Salo still brings more to the table ie. size , shot, brain, etc. for his cap hit.

Bieksa was actually 5th in scoring during the playoff run.

Both Juice and Salo were rendered as some very,very tired d-men when given heavy minutes after Edler was sent to the dressing room in the elimination game.

You do know what heavy minutes are dont you?!

You didn't really answer the question. So I'll take it as a "no".

I have had to come back from knee, groin and hamstring injuries before, and it's very tough to get back up to game speed. (and that was only at Junior B level)

From talking to friends who have had to come back from torn or ruptured Achilles, I gather it's a more difficult adjustment than any of the aforementioned injuries.

I like Salo as well, and I agree that he's been good at getting his game back in the past, but this is a more serious injury, and one that has kept him out for a very long time.

I think your assessment (and Wallstreet's as well) of a "vast" improvement when Salo displaces Bieksa, is extremely wishful thinking.

I love how specific you are. What about Philly? Can it be a home or away game? What day of the week?

I stopped taking this thread and all your Bieksa-hating seriously about 250 pages ago. To be honest, I enjoyed this thread more when there were only a few people who stood up to the deluge of haterade. Now that he's actually playing well, people are coming around to supporting him.

Those people, far more than anything you have said, piss me off. Same thing with bashing any player, only to come around and be a supporter when they pull through the adversity. At least you are consistent, even if many of your arguments lack a little in context.

You didn't really answer the question. So I'll take it as a "no".

I have had to come back from knee, groin and hamstring injuries before, and it's very tough to get back up to game speed. (and that was only at Junior B level)

From talking to friends who have had to come back from torn or ruptured Achilles, I gather it's a more difficult adjustment than any of the aforementioned injuries.

I like Salo as well, and I agree that he's been good at getting his game back in the past, but this is a more serious injury, and one that has kept him out for a very long time.

I think your assessment (and Wallstreet's as well) of a "vast" improvement when Salo displaces Bieksa, is extremely wishful thinking.

Wishful thinking, maybe, but then isn't wishing or hoping or expecting Bieksa to perform at some respectable level that warrants a3.75 mil cap hit is wishful thinking as well?

I love how specific you are. What about Philly? Can it be a home or away game? What day of the week?

I stopped taking this thread and all your Bieksa-hating seriously about 250 pages ago. To be honest, I enjoyed this thread more when there were only a few people who stood up to the deluge of haterade. Now that he's actually playing well, people are coming around to supporting him.

Those people, far more than anything you have said, piss me off. Same thing with bashing any player, only to come around and be a supporter when they pull through the adversity. At least you are consistent, even if many of your arguments lack a little in context.

Some of us have been here fighting the good fight all along. :)

Me, Sharpie, BedBeats, Lonny, marinated.pea, cOmedyClub, lof, Smithers Joe, malHOEtra, Highway to Hell, the Cammer, apollo, sampy, The Big Luongo, suolucidir, El_Capitan, EOTM, sQuish, Peevish, bblipp, Hammer79..... there's actually a lot of us. We just don't shout as loud as the haters.

Meanwhile, haters like Dirty Al, lil' Fra, Kes101, buttock, Bertuzzipunch, RU SERIOUS, Canuckaholism, Ballard_4, pinecone, rising_ego, Tomn8r, Raging Cookies, Rogue Nuck, et al, have disappeared....

Archived