The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kevin Bieksa you are really...

Zigmund.Palffy

In my scenario, Glass and Tambellini would be in the pressbox with one other healthy scratch, and 20 guys on the ice/bench.

In your scenario, if I read it correctly, Glass and Tambellini would be in the pressbox (injured) and 19 guys would be on the ice/bench, one short of a full playing roster.

Remember, Bieksa has a higher cap hit than Salo by $250k, so losing Bieksa and bringing Salo off the LTIR improves the Canucks tight cap situation.

In summary, while I agree your scenario would work as long as injuries were very very minimal, the Canucks would be put into Cap hell very quickly if a few injuries occured. Then someone would have to be firesaled out of here just to become cap compliant.

Ok....so who in your scenario comes up to fill Tamby's and Glass's spots? AND how do you accomplish that?

See, in my scenario, I would put them on LTIR, move Hansen back to the 2nd line, and recall Perrault and Bliznak. Bliznak wouldn't be subject to recall waivers...and Perrault had already cleared waivers....so it seems no one really wants him, but we would have a full compliment of players for the 4th line and for the entire roster. AV would limit the 4th line minutes to about 6-7 minutes, and we'd be pretty ok still.

In your scenario you don't have that option.....you have no forwards...to fill their spots...and no cap room to call anyone up.

Ok....so who in your scenario comes up to fill Tamby's and Glass's spots? AND how do you accomplish that?

See, in my scenario, I would put them on LTIR, move Hansen back to the 2nd line, and recall Perrault and Bliznak. Bliznak wouldn't be subject to recall waivers...and Perrault had already cleared waivers....so it seems no one really wants him, but we would have a full compliment of players for the 4th line and for the entire roster. AV would limit the 4th line minutes to about 6-7 minutes, and we'd be pretty ok still.

In your scenario you don't have that option.....you have no forwards...to fill their spots...and no cap room to call anyone up.

I guess you are missing my point. In "my scenario", no one has to come up because the Canucks would have 23 players on their roster. Now they would have 21, with two injured players. Since you only dress 20 players for a game, the team is not short.

You keep saying "I would put them on LTIR". You can't put players on LTIR unless they have injuries that will keep them out at least 10 games or 24 days. Your example of being out for 6 games means no LTIR.

You also seem to miss the point that the Canucks would have more cap room with Bieksa gone and Salo off the LTIR. In your scenario, you drop $3.9m in salary and immediately bring back between $500k and $600k. That is a net of $3.3m to $3.4m "saved". In my scenario, $3.75m (Bieksa) is "saved" and the team still has 23 players.

Holy Frack are you an even bigger moron than I thought? I didn't think it was possible but you proved me wrong. Congrats?! Reading comprehension much?

Although I love your post and its rant worthiness. But the epic failure by you, makes me happier.

Thank you for providing me with my big smile of the day.

I guess there really is a Santa Claus! :lol:

Highly creative comeback. Now all we need are some more juvenile pix from your borrowed interetz collection to fill out yer substantive contributions.

Care to answer the question as to why any team would be interested in a package of Rypien, Rome, Alberts, Parent, and Glass?

edit: Wow, you're descending the ladder of GM insanity even further. I've been giving you too much credit. Waiving them. Great. Do the words "depth" and "playoff injuries" mean anything to you? And no, depth isn't just replacing someone with another warm body.

Highly creative comeback. Now all we need are some more juvenile pix from your borrowed interetz collection to fill out yer substantive contributions.

Care to answer the question as to why any team would be interested in a package of Rypien, Rome, Alberts, Parent, and Glass?

edit: Wow, you're descending the ladder of GM insanity even further. I've been giving you too much credit. Waiving them. Great. Do the words "depth" and "playoff injuries" mean anything to you? And no, depth isn't just replacing someone with another warm body.

Do yourself a favour, and against every instinct you have for making a fool of yourself, just stop posting till you've read and comprehended what I've suggested in response to various posters. You're so quick on trying to jump all over me, you've twice now failed to comprehend what's going on and what I'm saying. Put your desires of trying to sound smart to the side for a moment and get up to speed. You clearly have no idea what you're saying in response to me, and it's even painful for me to watch your floundering and grasping.

I don't know what's worse...your hate for Bieksa or for me. Put your big boy pants on and your thinking cap and try posting something that makes sense....please. You're an embarrassment to the rest of the haters.

Gee I thought you had been following the thread, lol

Somewhere back there there are 10 pages discussing how BXa leads the team in give aways and as far as brain farts go, do you want me to re-run the gif montage of Bieksa's ghastly goal crease gaffes again? I don't believe you could come up with any other Nuck who has been known to brainfart more frequently. Even last nite he took a selfish boneheaded penalty late in the game. He has a penchant for untimely penalties.

So now we are down to size, Bieksa is listed at 6'1" 195lbs in the Hockey news and at 198lbs on the CDC site, so lets say 198lbs.

What is the average size of an NHL Dman?

As far as average size by position (based on teams' active rosters on Jan. 4):

• Goaltender: 6-1, 193
  • Center: 6-1, 199
  • Left wing: 6-1, 204
  • Right wing: 6-0, 202
  • Defensemen: 6-2, 210

— Mike Brehm and Kevin Allen

The avg size of defencemen in the 2010 draft, now we're talking 18 yr olds, was 6'1" 202lbs, many of these guys are still growing and all will put on weight as they grow into adulthood. So the 6'2" 210 lb avg will probably hold up for a while.

So yeah Bxa is small by NHL standards, not under sized, but still easier to play against physically than an NHL defender of more mass, say 210 or 220 lbs or more.

fact is Bxa is a small, mistake prone, defender that doesn't put up points. Small guys have to play smart.

Yes, and somewhere back there it's pointed out that he leads the team in takeaways, and is up near the top in icetime while playing the shutdown role. It's also noted "somewhere back there" that players like Duncan Keith have similar giveaway stats.

As far as your gifs go, they're old news. I've asked you three times now to post something from this season, and every time you crawl away with your tail between your legs.

As to your point that Bieksa is small, his plus/minus while playing with an even smaller guy in the shutdown pairing says "who cares".

Finally, reagarding the "selfish, boneheaded" penalty, it was an accidental high stick taken with the team leading by two, and 23 seconds left in the game. You call it "untimely" only because it was Bieksa taking it. If it had been any other Canuck, it would get the attention it deserves, which is none.

Dont be so daft.

The whole of the defencemen are playing quite well.

yes they are playing very good we are out scoring teams 43 22 in our current streak of 9-1-1. that is simply out-standing big part of this streak is the defense doing there job letting luongo see the puck and do his thing.we are nearly doubleing up in scoring in our last 11 games averaging just shy of 4 goals per game and 2 goals against bravo team bravo.

Dont be so daft.

The whole of the defencemen are playing quite well.

I never said they weren't playing well. I said Ballard playing well and getting his game going is the number one way Bieksa and the skills he brings become redundant on this team. That is happening at a much more accelerated rate the last 10 games or so.

Bieksa could go right now and I have no doubt that Ballard could step in to his minutes and his role and do just as well or better. Alberts and Rome are fine for 12-14 minutes per game.

The only way it makes sense to keep everyone is if the 3rd pairing is actually going to get decent minutes and be used in important roles. Obviously that is not going to happen with AV, so I say just trade Bieksa now and get Ballard going. We will need Ballard's game in the playoffs.

Bieksa, when he was first brought up by the Canucks, was listed at 5'11'". Then, at about 27 years of age, the next year, he mysteriously grew to 6'0", and now he's supposedly 6'1". He ain't 6'1". Many players get inflated height and weight listings.

He must be using a ton of hair product,

Or gee, he grew that much? and I could have sworn his brain was shrinking.emot-parrot.gif

I never said they weren't playing well. I said Ballard playing well and getting his game going is the number one way Bieksa and the skills he brings become redundant on this team. That is happening at a much more accelerated rate the last 10 games or so.

Bieksa could go right now and I have no doubt that Ballard could step in to his minutes and his role and do just as well or better. Alberts and Rome are fine for 12-14 minutes per game.

The only way it makes sense to keep everyone is if the 3rd pairing is actually going to get decent minutes and be used in important roles. Obviously that is not going to happen with AV, so I say just trade Bieksa now and get Ballard going. We will need Ballard's game in the playoffs.

The redundancy of Bieksa is a good point, he became redundant with the emergence of Ehrhoff plus the Ballard signing, also with Hamhuis , but Hammy is filling a role as a smaller, healthier version of Mitchell, rather than as a small puck mover.

From July 1 on, I doubt BXa was 'in the plan' then Salo went down and Bxa became the band aid.

Ehrhoff hasn't signed an extension yet so I'm hoping Bxa isn't a permanent plan B, but what's MG going to do? Overpay for Bieksa or overpay for Ehrhoff, just to keep one of them around?

My money is in MG keeping Ehrhoff for the long term.

The redundancy of Bieksa is a good point, he became redundant with the emergence of Ehrhoff plus the Ballard signing, also with Hamhuis , but Hammy is filling a role as a smaller, healthier version of Mitchell, rather than as a small puck mover.

From July 1 on, I doubt BXa was 'in the plan' then Salo went down and Bxa became the band aid.

Ehrhoff hasn't signed an extension yet so I'm hoping Bxa isn't a permanent plan B, but what's MG going to do? Overpay for Bieksa or overpay for Ehrhoff, just to keep one of them around?

My money is in MG keeping Ehrhoff for the long term.

Earlier in this thread, your "money" was on Bieksa playing in Europe next year.

I hope you didn't bet the mortgage....

Earlier in this thread, your "money" was on Bieksa playing in Europe next year.

I hope you didn't bet the mortgage....

Well I'm sure you are taking the quote out of context, I couldn't find it, and I've had the same mortgage for 19 years, so its no big deal anymore either. I still say the odds are that keeping Ehrhoff over Bxa is the most likely scenerio, who would you rather overpay?

IMO Ehrhoff is worth 5mil way before BXa is wort 3mil. Salo may come back on a 1 or 2 yr deal.

Those guys were all being paid for leading the league in offence and being the cornerstones of their respective teams defence. They haven't kept it up. Bieksa is more like Jeff Finger in that he was paid for what his perceived potential was after his first year.

Bieksa never was a stud D man and never will be. he'll likely end up in Europe playing with Welly next year.

Honestly... use the search bar. Now that quote IS embarrassing.

Honestly... use the search bar. Now that quote IS embarrassing.

Do you think Bieksa is a stud? I think he's a poser, more like artificial insemination. lol, let's see how he handles Holmstrom tonight, BXa is too small to clear the crease.

As far as the quote goes the way BXa was playing in Oct. he looked like a Euro league Dman.

BABABOOOEYBABABOOOEY

I just thought a little levity was needed during this intense discussion. I must comend all parties involved for such a fine job on this dramatic discussion. Insults, drama, Skewed facts, Statistics taken as personal affronts, Being consescending, misunderstandings... Classic

I guess for mods sake I should add something constructive, uh, uh...

I like Bieksa again, ever since last playoffs. It appears like those freak accidents really took a toll on him. He's getting better steadily and if it keeps going, I bet he has a dominent playoffs this year. It is a contract year. I would try to keep Bieksa

As previously noted, Salo might not be back for long after he comes back. If you have traded Bieksa and 3 games later, Salo is out for the season, you are weaker

The Canucks hired a capologist for a reason. Get him to work out how to keep both players.\

BABABOOOEYBABABOOOEY<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br />I just thought a little levity was needed during this intense discussion. I must comend all parties involved for such a fine job on this dramatic discussion. Insults, drama, Skewed facts, Statistics taken as personal affronts, Being consescending, misunderstandings... Classic<br /><br /><br /><br /><br />I guess for mods sake I should add something constructive, uh, uh...

I like Bieksa again, ever since last playoffs. It appears like those freak accidents really took a toll on him. He's getting better steadily and if it keeps going, I bet he has a dominent playoffs this year. It is a contract year. I would try to keep Bieksa.

As previously noted, Salo might not be back for long after he comes back. If you have traded Bieksa and 3 games later, Salo is out for the season, you are weaker.<br /><br /><br /><br />The Canucks hired a capologist for a reason. Get him to work out how to keep both players.\

Swing...and a miss.

--------------------

Anyways,

Honestly, I believe a team needs to put the best possible team forward if they are serious about winning a cup. IMO, if Salo is not retained, we're done in the playoffs with no elite defensive defenseman (which please, Hamhuis is not, but a Hamhuis-Salo pairing should make for a great shutdown tandem). Ditching Salo is basically giving up on the cup. How we make the best team possible with Salo in the lineup and being under the cap...well that'll be Gillis' job and Bieksa is making it difficult for him to be the odd man out.

Do you think Bieksa is a stud? I think he's a poser, more like artificial insemination. lol, let's see how he handles Holmstrom tonight, BXa is too small to clear the crease.

As far as the quote goes the way BXa was playing in Oct. he looked like a Euro league Dman.

I was just pointing out that you did indeed say that Bieksa will likely be in Europe (that's not taking any quote out of context). That idea was in October and is now completely ludicrous. Bieksa is not a stud, he's a decent defenseman who has shown improvement since last season, just like Raymond is not a stud, he's a decent forward. We have a surplus of top-six forwards and defensemen, and both are expendable should we need to clear up cap space.

You can whine all you want about him being a below-average player (with all the .gifs you like), the stats say that he has been playing decently. As someone who is pretty indifferent regarding whether Bieksa should stay or go, I can say for certain you're being a drama queen.

Archived