The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kevin Bieksa you are really...

Zigmund.Palffy

I think the key here is the reason why Bieksa is playing well. Is Bieksa playing well because it's the last year of his contract or can he really sustain this shift to becoming a defensive d-man.

I think Bieksa at a slightly lower cap hit back next year is feasible. A one year deal to prove if he can play like he has consistently.

I'm interested to see how Gillis plans to keep both Bieksa and Salo. If he finds a way to keep them the Canucks will have the most well rounded d-core probably in the last 5 years.

Edler-Ehrhoff

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Ballard-Salo

This would allow the minutes to be spread out evenly and not over tax any d-man. Wow.

I think the key here is the reason why Bieksa is playing well. Is Bieksa playing well because it's the last year of his contract or can he really sustain this shift to becoming a defensive d-man.

I think Bieksa at a slightly lower cap hit back next year is feasible. A one year deal to prove if he can play like he has consistently.

I'm interested to see how Gillis plans to keep both Bieksa and Salo. If he finds a way to keep them the Canucks will have the most well rounded d-core probably in the last 5 years.

Edler-Ehrhoff

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Ballard-Salo

This would allow the minutes to be spread out evenly and not over tax any d-man. Wow.

Most potent offensive and defensively capable Defense we've ever had........evar.

At least that I can see on paper and from following this team since the early 80's.

I don't think we've had a better dcore, 1 thru 6, than this.

Edler-Ehrhoff

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Ballard-Salo

I agree that a big factor in Bieksa's apparent resurgent play is that he is playing for a contract and wants to be a part of the plan.

IMO Salo is part of the plan, so as well as Bieksa has been playing I'm confident Salo would do a better job.

Quite simply,Salo is a better bang for the buck than Bieksa.

I agree that a big factor in Bieksa's apparent resurgent play is that he is playing for a contract and wants to be a part of the plan.

IMO Salo is part of the plan, so as well as Bieksa has been playing I'm confident Salo would do a better job.

Salo is better bang for the buck????

Tell me how much bang have we gotten out of Salo vs Bieksa's 7 points and +4 rating so far?

They are seperated by $250k....and I see only one out there, on the ice.....excuse me....bang for the buck? What are we paying Salo for again? His tin collection or perhaps his glass collection?

To say that this season Salo is better bang for the buck than Bieksa is........is........well, quite CANUCKLELION.....which is bullcrap.

lol?

Let's see... Salo has played no games, has no goals, no assists and no points. We are paying him $3.5 million.

Bieksa has played 31 games, has 2 goals, 5 assists for 7 points. He is a +4. We are paying him $3.75 million.

Now, I don't want to be condescending here, but, have you been standing out in the West Coast winter with a tin foil helmet on? Hit a hydro cable with your shovel while digging in your potato garden to find your brothers and sisters? Forgot to turn your car off when you parked in the garage and fell asleep at the wheel? Are you ???? stupid?

"... better bang for the buck than Bieksa."

A fine quote, Canucklelion... a fine quote indeed. laugh.gif

This could possibly be the most stupid quote the CDC has ever seen. blink.gif

The "New Clutch"?

Canucklelion. Do we really need him?

_hypnotoad__by_PoisonTouch.gif lol

Salo is better bang for the buck????

Tell me how much bang have we gotten out of Salo vs Bieksa's 7 points and +4 rating so far?

They are seperated by $250k....and I see only one out there, on the ice.....excuse me....bang for the buck? What are we paying Salo for again? His tin collection or perhaps his glass collection?

To say that this season Salo is better bang for the buck than Bieksa is........is........well, quite CANUCKLELION.....which is bullcrap.

lol?

Even Bowness, just last week was quoted as saying Salo was the best Dman on the team, so if his cap hit over the last 4 years, is over a million bucks less than BXa's, how is he not a better bang for the buck than Bieksa. lol

Even Bowness, just last week was quoted as saying Salo was the best Dman on the team, so if his cap hit over the last 4 years, is over a million bucks less than BXa's, how is he not a better bang for the buck than Bieksa. lol

Why do we always look at the past? We can't change anything by looking at it. We can't relive it or replay it. This season is this season... tonight is tonight.

I agree with you, Canucklelion. Salo was the best defenceman over the past 4 years before this one. He is not the best defenceman now, nor will he be when he returns, regardless of what Rick Bowness says in the media or what you and your shrinking group of cronies say on the CDC.

You are like a one-armed man with an itchy ball sac hanging from a cliff by a root... you are grasping at anything to survive.

If I were you, I'd scratch my nutsack.laugh.gif

Why do we always look at the past? We can't change anything by looking at it. We can't relive it or replay it. This season is this season... tonight is tonight.

I agree with you, Canucklelion. Salo was the best defenceman over the past 4 years before this one. He is not the best defenceman now, nor will he be when he returns, regardless of what Rick Bowness says in the media or what you and your shrinking group of cronies say on the CDC.

You are like a one-armed man with an itchy ball sac hanging from a cliff by a root... you are grasping at anything to survive.

If I were you, I'd scratch my nutsack.laugh.gif

Naw, that's my lovely assistant's job.

Here is the thingy. Straight up, overall, who is a better defensemen Bieksa or Ehrhoff? and if you had to choose between the two, who would you rather have on this team right now?

Ehrhoff by a mile!

Bieksa is playing decent, but Ehrhoff is by far the more consistent D-man. Both of them had their gaffs tonight, and both of them had their moments.

I definetly liked Ehrhoff's ability to deal with holmstrom in front of the net.

Ehrhoff by a mile!

Bieksa is playing decent, but Ehrhoff is by far the more consistent D-man. Both of them had their gaffs tonight, and both of them had their moments.

I definitely liked Ehrhoff's ability to deal with holmstrom in front of the net.

I thought his "dummy" on the Tambellini goal was very impressive. I wonder if there is another defenseman on the team who would have let that puck go through.....

Not a great game by any of the defense tonight, but it was Detroit, and they did get a point out of it. Major turning point with the Nucks' misses in the early third followed by the flukey Zetterberg goal.

Here is the thingy. Straight up, overall, who is a better defensemen Bieksa or Ehrhoff? and if you had to choose between the two, who would you rather have on this team right now?

okay its obvious you are a bieksa lover and all, and i do think that lately he has been much better than the beginning of the year, but going as far as saying to take him over ehrhoff is just pushing it imo.

Ehrhoff did make the gaffe that cost us the game. If that were Bieksa, there would be a thousand haters saying trade Bieksa he`s a plug.

The funny thing is, Bieksa did not have a very good game defensively (or overall) tonight.

The reason most of the haters are silent is because his peers were as bad or worse....

This is something a lot of us have been trying to point out for the last 250+ pages. Defensemen all make mistakes. (Nik Lidstrom didn't look great on a couple of Canuck goals tonight) It's when you focus on one player only and view his play under a microscope, that you lose perspective on how that particular player compares to those around him.

The funny thing is, Bieksa did not have a very good game defensively (or overall) tonight.

The reason most of the haters are silent is because his peers were as bad or worse....

This is something a lot of us have been trying to point out for the last 250+ pages. Defensemen all make mistakes. (Nik Lidstrom didn't look great on a couple of Canuck goals tonight) It's when you focus on one player only and view his play under a microscope, that you lose perspective on how that particular player compares to those around him.

I liked Romer and Ballard tonight.

Archived