The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kevin Bieksa you are really...

Zigmund.Palffy

The funny thing is, Bieksa did not have a very good game defensively (or overall) tonight.

The reason most of the haters are silent is because his peers were as bad or worse....

This is something a lot of us have been trying to point out for the last 250+ pages. Defensemen all make mistakes. (Nik Lidstrom didn't look great on a couple of Canuck goals tonight) It's when you focus on one player only and view his play under a microscope, that you lose perspective on how that particular player compares to those around him.

He played well physically tonight. I think it was a hit against Hudler where, after his initial hit on him, he pushed Hudler into the boards pretty hard.

I wouldn't blame the defense for tonight's loss. Ehrhoff had a bad pinch, yes, but Zetterberg's first goal deflated the team while we had momentum.

The funny thing is, Bieksa did not have a very good game defensively (or overall) tonight.

The reason most of the haters are silent is because his peers were as bad or worse....

No, the reason I've been silent tonight up till now is because, unlike a few Bieksa wall-poster boys, I don't patrol this thread 24/7.:lol:

I thought Bieksa played better tonight than you let on. In fact, I think you're underrating our entire D. Detroit players were on us like bees to an open summertime beer all night. Canucks put up with it fairly well.

Bottom line? Their goalie played better than ours.

Do yourself a favour, and against every instinct you have for making a fool of yourself, just stop posting till you've read and comprehended what I've suggested in response to various posters. You're so quick on trying to jump all over me, you've twice now failed to comprehend what's going on and what I'm saying. Put your desires of trying to sound smart to the side for a moment and get up to speed. You clearly have no idea what you're saying in response to me, and it's even painful for me to watch your floundering and grasping.

I don't know what's worse...your hate for Bieksa or for me. Put your big boy pants on and your thinking cap and try posting something that makes sense....please. You're an embarrassment to the rest of the haters.

I made an honest mistake at first because I gave you the benefit of the doubt. I simply couldn't believe that even you would propose something so ludicrous as to wave five players, bring up inferior replacements, and be up against the roster limit for an entire month even BEFORE the playoffs begin.

BTW, "hate" is a strong word for this amusement. Unlike your continued flag-waving for, and posterior kissing of, #3, I have nothing emotionally invested in this thread at all. And hatred only flares when someone's emotionally invested in their position.

P.S. Bieksa's been playing well lately. :lol:

He played well physically tonight. I think it was a hit against Hudler where, after his initial hit on him, he pushed Hudler into the boards pretty hard.

I wouldn't blame the defense for tonight's loss. Ehrhoff had a bad pinch, yes, but Zetterberg's first goal deflated the team while we had momentum.

I'm with you. He also delivered that punishing hit to Holmstrom but that was a bit shadowed by their goal after. If it had been anyone else but #96... :P

Overall, I don't think the defense had a masterful night, per se. Nothing like the St. Louis game, by any means. However, I think they did what they could against a buzzing Red Wings team and it sorta went back and forth. That 3rd goal was definitely unfortunate, and more unfortunately for Luongo, came at the worst time possible. I don't doubt that he'll bounce back after the break though - he always does - but that's going a bit off-topic now lol.

I made an honest mistake at first because I gave you the benefit of the doubt. I simply couldn't believe that even you would propose something so ludicrous as to wave five players, bring up inferior replacements, and be up against the roster limit for an entire month even BEFORE the playoffs begin.

BTW, "hate" is a strong word for this amusement. Unlike your continued flag-waving for, and posterior kissing of, #3, I have nothing emotionally invested in this thread at all. And hatred only flares when someone's emotionally invested in their position.

You made an honest mistake twice??? Well, be that as it may......i'll give you the benefit doubt....

You think Bieksa is playing well lately?

That's cool.

I wish you and yours a very Merry Weekend and look forward to our ongoing dialogue.

Cheers, Barry.

Sammy the savior's return has been delayed, so it appears Bieksa the band aid, will be employed as a Nuck for another 6 weeks or so.

You can't help but wonder how the salary cap challenges the Canucks are facing plays into all of this. The Canucks will have to dump a significant chunk of salary to make room for Salo and may be forced to trade a defenceman, likely Kevin Bieksa. Bieksa is playing well and the team has been on a nice run, so there is obviously no urgency to get Salo back. But it was interesting to note that both head coach Alain Vigneault and associate coach Rick Bowness both referred to Salo as the team's best defenceman in recent days.

It will be fun to see how this one plays out.

http://communities.canada.com/vancouversun/blogs/puckworld/archive/2010/12/22/gillis-salo-now-likely-not-back-until-february.aspx

I concur it will be fun to see how it plays out, more fun if the Nuck's keep winning, as far as BXa's play last nite, he got undressed a couple of times and took a bonehead penalty again, I'd say he was typical Bxa, not brutal Bxa.

I concur it will be fun to see how it plays out, more fun if the Nuck's keep winning, as far as BXa's play last nite, he got undressed a couple of times and took a bonehead penalty again, I'd say he was typical Bxa, not brutal Bxa.

Typical Bieksa is brutal Bieksa. But I know what you're saying. We wasn't good last night, but if it makes the lovers feel better, he's been worse!

If one goal can deflate a team then trade the whole god damn team for being pansies.

Bieksa overall has been the best Canucks dmen the last 10 games so this team needs to find away to keep him.

As bad as Edler, Rome and Alberts have looked and to a lesser extent Hamhuis and Erhoff at times this team shouldn't be trading Bieksa it would be pretty damn stupid.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhh the fact that he's been the best defenseman in the last 10 games is arguable at best..

So you're saying Bieksa belongs in our top 4 long term? Because Edler, Rome, Alberts, Hamhuis, and Ehrhoff have looked bad "at times"?

We have Hamhuis, Ballard signed long term, and we SHOULD re-sign Edler and Ehrhoff long term. Bieksa is the odd man out. Over an 82 game season, All four of the defense that I just listed are more valuable, more reliable, and more consistent - not to mention more skilled.

Have you not seen Bieksa look bad "at times" too? If not - maybe you shouldn't watch the game with rose-colored goggles on..

Uhhhhhhhhhhhh the fact that he's been the best defenseman in the last 10 games is arguable at best..

So you're saying Bieksa belongs in our top 4 long term? Because Edler, Rome, Alberts, Hamhuis, and Ehrhoff have looked bad "at times"?

We have Hamhuis, Ballard signed long term, and we SHOULD re-sign Edler and Ehrhoff long term. Bieksa is the odd man out. Over an 82 game season, All four of the defense that I just listed are more valuable, more reliable, and more consistent - not to mention more skilled.

Have you not seen Bieksa look bad "at times" too? If not - maybe you shouldn't watch the game with rose-colored goggles on..

Whether you want to admit it or not Bieksa has been better all around then the 4 dmen you mention especially Edler.

Take your rose colored glasses off on Edler he has been our worst dmen as of late and is far from consistent. The only thing consistent on Edler:

- the Sedins and Kesler inflating his point totals

- looking too slow almost Alberts slow

- screening Luongo at bad times

- weak in front of the net getting pushed around

- getting walked around in his own end

- taking some bad penalties lately

- Fumbling up in the offensive zone at the line killing PP's or 5-5 posession letting easy passes get by at the line

No, the reason I've been silent tonight up till now is because, unlike a few Bieksa wall-poster boys, I don't patrol this thread 24/7.:lol:

I thought Bieksa played better tonight than you let on. In fact, I think you're underrating our entire D. Detroit players were on us like bees to an open summertime beer all night. Canucks put up with it fairly well.

Bottom line? Their goalie played better than ours.

45 shots against is way too much. That being said, when any team generates that many shots, it's the entire team that wasn't tight enough.

My assessment on the D is due to a few instances where they were caught puck-watching and allowed a Wing to sneak in behind them, (Bert vs Ehrhoff) or were slow to turn outside, allowing partial breaks. (I saw Juice, Hammer, Edler and Rome do this) Ballard was also guilty in the first of a bad turnover. He had his pocket picked (by Helm, IIRC) as he was reversing the puck into his own corner.

Again, I don't think the defense was bad, I just don't think they were very good either, although a lot of the blame goes to the forwards for non-support. As usual, Kesler is the one glaring exception. If the rest of the forwards would follow his example, this would be a truly scary defensive team.

Sammy the savior's return has been delayed, so it appears Bieksa the band aid, will be employed as a Nuck for another 6 weeks or so.

Meh, to the penalty. An extremely soft call which the Canucks killed without much problem.

Burrows' penalty, OTOH......

Whether you want to admit it or not Bieksa has been better all around then the 4 dmen you mention especially Edler.

Take your rose colored glasses off on Edler he has been our worst dmen as of late and is far from consistent. The only thing consistent on Edler:

- the Sedins and Kesler inflating his point totals

- looking too slow almost Alberts slow

- screening Luongo at bad times

- weak in front of the net getting pushed around

- getting walked around in his own end

- taking some bad penalties lately

- Fumbling up in the offensive zone at the line killing PP's or 5-5 posession letting easy passes get by at the line

Sounds like a perfect description of #3. Except for the points part, because BXa doesn't put up points. lol

This is something a lot of us have been trying to point out for the last 250+ pages. Defensemen all make mistakes. (Nik Lidstrom didn't look great on a couple of Canuck goals tonight) It's when you focus on one player only and view his play under a microscope, that you lose perspective on how that particular player compares to those around him.

Unless someone create GIFs or movies of Edlers, Hamhuis, Ehrhoffs frackups and boneheaded plays it won't change. Is it worth the time an effort to show just how bad each of our D can and has been at times this year to show Bieksa isn't that bad? Probably not.

The other thing I notice and maybe I've noticed this as I have not been following the canucks as closely as others nor exposed to media over the last few years: is how brutal the sports media scene has gotten and how much it's actually driving what people say, on here for example.

There been several slang terms, phrases etc used to describe someone or something and I've wondered how it's come about. Then I read some article or quote from an article from a few years back and I see where it comes from.

well 4 Dmen had points tonight, Ehrhoff with a goal and Alberts, Edler + Hamhuis with assists. 7 goals scored and BXa led all Dmen with 22:05 of ice, had no points + was a 0 +/-, . If that is playing well for 3.75 mil , I simply can't wait till Salo gets back.

I know, neither can I considering it will be the last season he plays here.

well 4 Dmen had points tonight, Ehrhoff with a goal and Alberts, Edler + Hamhuis with assists. 7 goals scored and BXa led all Dmen with 22:05 of ice, had no points + was a 0 +/-, . If that is playing well for 3.75 mil , I simply can't wait till Salo gets back.

Yeah he was actually +2, but if you want to pretend he was 0, you go ahead.

Archived