The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kevin Bieksa you are really...

Zigmund.Palffy

Actually Raymond is a year and a half younger than Tamby. So again you have your facts wrong. He is also a proven player, Tamby still has to maintain his great play for a whole season to be considered a permanent replacement. Tamby has filled in admirably., better than expected even, but the season is still young and only time will tell if he is an adequate replacement, in other wordsI wouldn't want to jump the gun, especially when we all know Salo would be an upgrade on Bieksa.

Right. My mistake, I saw Tamby was 84, Ray was 85, I thought 84 is a smaller number....Anyways, brain fart. Lets move on.

As far as your post goes, Raymond had a good season last year, but this year, he hasn't been great.

And as far as Salo being an upgrade on Bieksa, your right, if he comes back as good as he was prior to his injury. But that would mean he is an upgrade on everyone else on this team to. And Bieksa has been one of our top 3 DMan consistantly throughout the year. So that leaves one defensemen out of 5 who is making 3M+ who hasn't pulled his weight. Ehrhoff and Edler have put up points, but have been crapty defensively. Ballard hasn't been given a real chance, he has played his role as the 5th defenseman on the team very well, but is expected to be in the top 4 (again, he hasn't been given a chance, so I don't think anyone can fault him), Rome and Alberts have done well to rotate as the 6th. Hamhuis and Juice have been good. I don't think Edler or Ehrhoff will be moved either. So I'm pretty confident it will be a forward + Alberts.

The forwards who, plus Alberts, would be enough make room for Salo (top 3 (Kesler and the Sedins) excluded, Raymond Manny, Sammy, and Burrows (would have to throw someone like Rypien in), the two players who haven't been as good as expected are Raymond and Sammy.

Out of those two, I think Raymond has more value, but is also more easily replaceable (maybe not this year, but within one or two).

Oh princess has being so wrong for so long about so many things had such an effect of you?

It's ok. We'll still love you and you relentless push towards stupidity.

Funny you seem to be the only one around now eh?

That is funny how canucklion is the only one left. To an intelligent person that would be obvious. It's funny how his only argument is about Salo's supposed return.

On another note, after to freak injuries that cost him basically 2 years, Bieksa is finally getting some continuity and it is paying off. Anybody that attributes his better play to being a contract year is simply idiotic.

maybe, but I still believe the Nuck's D need Alberts size and prolific, punishing hitting ability more than the team needs Bieksa's sneer.

At least the sneer can win a fight ....Mr. 'Prolific Hitter' can't even do that much this season....against Wayne Simmonds, a guy who's only 6'2 and a 183 pounds, whereas 'Mr.Prolific' is 6'5 and 218 pounds......what a joke.

Big deal he can hit.....newsflash, Tambellini can hit too.....prolifically it seems. I wouldn't count either one as a 'tougher', grittier or more physical compared to Bieksa. Alberts' fighting and 'prolific' shying away from a fight after hitting someone and seeing you spiral down the sinkhole of stupidity are what's really "lol".

Right. My mistake, I saw Tamby was 84, Ray was 85, I thought 84 is a smaller number....Anyways, brain fart. Lets move on.

As far as your post goes, Raymond had a good season last year, but this year, he hasn't been great.

And as far as Salo being an upgrade on Bieksa, your right, if he comes back as good as he was prior to his injury. But that would mean he is an upgrade on everyone else on this team to. And Bieksa has been one of our top 3 DMan consistantly throughout the year. So that leaves one defensemen out of 5 who is making 3M+ who hasn't pulled his weight. Ehrhoff and Edler have put up points, but have been crapty defensively. Ballard hasn't been given a real chance, he has played his role as the 5th defenseman on the team very well, but is expected to be in the top 4 (again, he hasn't been given a chance, so I don't think anyone can fault him), Rome and Alberts have done well to rotate as the 6th. Hamhuis and Juice have been good. I don't think Edler or Ehrhoff will be moved either. So I'm pretty confident it will be a forward + Alberts.

The forwards who, plus Alberts, would be enough make room for Salo (top 3 (Kesler and the Sedins) excluded, Raymond Manny, Sammy, and Burrows (would have to throw someone like Rypien in), the two players who haven't been as good as expected are Raymond and Sammy.

Out of those two, I think Raymond has more value, but is also more easily replaceable (maybe not this year, but within one or two).

Well, less time lost to injury, both Raymond and Samuelsson are on pace for 50 pt seasons, good value for their contracts, that and the fact Mayray is only 24, lead me to believe neither of those two are in the mix of players to be moved, just to keep the easily replaced Bxa in the lineup once Salo returns.

True, a this team never seems to have enough D come playoff time, but I still feel keeping Bxa around is an insurance policy the Nuck's cannot afford.

At least the sneer can win a fight ....Mr. 'Prolific Hitter' can't even do that much this season....against Wayne Simmonds, a guy who's only 6'2 and a 183 pounds, whereas 'Mr.Prolific' is 6'5 and 218 pounds......what a joke.

Big deal he can hit.....newsflash, Tambellini can hit too.....prolifically it seems. I wouldn't count either one as a 'tougher', grittier or more physical compared to Bieksa. Alberts' fighting and 'prolific' shying away from a fight after hitting someone and seeing you spiral down the sinkhole of stupidity are what's really "lol".

Gee, I googled 'Fail ' and your post above came up. lol

I"ve been consistent in my angle, I just can't wait till Salo gets back, Bieksa is his replacement, sure he is doing the job but IMO the only retarded angle is the one you Bieksa apologists take. The one that doesn't involve moving Bieksa to create the cap space to welcome Salo back.

You haven't been consistent at all.

When this thread started you were calling Bieksa a terrible defenseman who belonged in the AHL or ECHL. You also "bet" that he'd be playing in Europe next season.

About midway through this thread, your shtick changed to he's "playing okay", "mediocre" and "passable", but not worth what he's being paid.

Now you are resorted to saying he is "lucky" when he scores with his "joke" of a shot, and that you're "glad he's playing well" (now that's worth an "lol") because it increases his trade value.

No, I'd have to say that after further review, you haven't been consistent at all, except in the fact that for 300 pages, you been consistently proved wrong.

Bieksa is still horrible. One flukey goal doesn't change things.

Apparently it doesn't. There are still morons who don't have a clue, spewing garbage like the above post.

When this thread started you were calling Bieksa a terrible defenseman who belonged in the AHL or ECHL. You also "bet" that he'd be playing in Europe next season.

About midway through this thread, your shtick changed to he's "playing okay", "mediocre" and "passable", but not worth what he's being paid.

Now you are resorted to saying he is "lucky" when he scores with his "joke" of a shot, and that you're "glad he's playing well" (now that's worth an "lol") because it increases his trade value.

No, I'd have to say that after further review, you haven't been consistent at all, except in the fact that for 300 pages, you been consistently proved wrong.

Apparently it doesn't. There are still morons who don't have a clue, spewing garbage like the above post.

Ya I haven't been following the WHOLE 289 pages but I've been dabbling - and that was my general conclusion, every time I come in here its Canucklelion bitching and whining some other arbitrary stat he dug up like "Zomg Bieksa only averages :27 seconds on the PP per game" and "Zomg BXa cost us teh game with that giveaway in the 1st period even though it didn't lead to a goal".

It really shows a person's mental capacity when they have to shorten "Bieksa" to "BXa" - those extra 3 letters could really throw off his mental focus!

I look forward to the day that this thread is locked because it disintegrates into everyone else giving up and leaving Canucklelion to debate with himself over which statistical category "BXA" sucks in more.. :picard:

Bieksa's play so far, has proven or dis-proven nothing , the proof of who's angle has been the right angle will be evident when Salo returns. That will be when Bxa will be dialed out of the Nuck organization.

Despite all the rhetoric Bxa is still a small, defensively suspect, mistake prone, non offensively talented, poor skating, overpaid, Dman, that will be gone before the trade deadline. I can't wait til Salo returns. The Nuck's will be a better team.

Ya I haven't been following the WHOLE 289 pages but I've been dabbling - and that was my general conclusion, every time I come in here its Canucklelion bitching and whining some other arbitrary stat he dug up like "Zomg Bieksa only averages :27 seconds on the PP per game" and "Zomg BXa cost us teh game with that giveaway in the 1st period even though it didn't lead to a goal".

It really shows a person's mental capacity when they have to shorten "Bieksa" to "BXa" - those extra 3 letters could really throw off his mental focus!

I look forward to the day that this thread is locked because it disintegrates into everyone else giving up and leaving Canucklelion to debate with himself over which statistical category "BXA" sucks in more.. :picard:

He does this because he thinks it makes him look clever. "Hey look! I've come up with this shorthand version of Bieksa's name to call attention to my disdain for him".

Afterward to thoroughly underscore his contempt, he adds the requisite "lol" to show that he's not only clever in his own mind, he's also funny.

The fact is, he uses these tactics to deflect attention from the fact that he has no real foundation upon which to base his extremely flimsy arguments.

Bieksa's play so far, has proven or dis-proven nothing , the proof of who's angle has been the right angle will be evident when Salo returns. That will be when Bxa will be dialed out of the Nuck organization.

Despite all the rhetoric Bxa is still a small, defensively suspect, mistake prone, non offensively talented, poor skating, overpaid, Dman, that will be gone before the trade deadline. I can't wait til Salo returns. The Nuck's will be a better team.

Oh, I'd say your "theory" of Bieksa playing in Europe next season, or that he belongs in the ECHL have been thoroughly dis-proven.

Or do you still hold to those ridiculous assessments?

I also find it ironic that you refer to "rhetoric", and then proceed to spout it yourself in the same sentence. Meanwhile the people that you're accusing of doing so, are sticking to facts such as Bieksa's +/-, TOI, praise from teammates and coaches, etc.

I'm sure you really can't wait until Salo gets back, because it will give pause to Bieksa's play making you look more and more foolish with each passing game.

In addition, you'd better hope that he looks like the same Sami Salo we're used to seeing, and not a guy who's struggling to regain his previous form after more than half a year off skates rehabbing one of the most debilitating injuries a hockey player can suffer.

Oh, I'd say your "theory" of Bieksa playing in Europe next season, or that he belongs in the ECHL have been thoroughly dis-proven.

Or do you still hold to those ridiculous assessments?

I also find it ironic that you refer to "rhetoric", and then proceed to spout it yourself in the same sentence. Meanwhile the people that you're accusing of doing so, are sticking to facts such as Bieksa's +/-, TOI, praise from teammates and coaches, etc.

I'm sure you really can't wait until Salo gets back, because it will give pause to Bieksa's play making you look more and more foolish with each passing game.

In addition, you'd better hope that he looks like the same Sami Salo we're used to seeing, and not a guy who's struggling to regain his previous form after more than half a year off skates rehabbing one of the most debilitating injuries a hockey player can suffer.

At the start of the year Bxa's career minus 20 +/- might not even gotten him a job in Europe or the ECHL, I'm confident that from July 1 until July 22 or whatever the date Salo tore his achilles, Bxa was not in the Nuck plans and MG had been actively trying to move him, with no takers, the biggest hang up being his cap hit for his production.

So here we are approaching the half way point of the season and you and a half a doz. other cdcer's feel BXa is a changed man and now worthy of being included in 'the plan'.

I suspect MG is a way smarter than tht and will realize that the previous four frustrating seasons watching BXa's brain farts is the real Bxa, and his soso play of the last 3 months is the aberration. Salo has a terrific record of fast recovery from major injuries. As I've said before a rusty, one nutted Salo on the back end is a better bet to get the Nuck's past the 2nd round than the enigmatic, mistake prone Bxa. Therefore I believe BXa is still not a part of the plan, unless the Nuck's D is hit by the injury bug again.

Otherwise MG will be playing a game of BXa's and 0's. The 0 is for BXa is outahere.

At the start of the year Bxa's career minus 20 +/- might not even gotten him a job in Europe or the ECHL, I'm confident that from July 1 until July 22 or whatever the date Salo tore his achilles, Bxa was not in the Nuck plans and MG had been actively trying to move him, with no takers, the biggest hang up being his cap hit for his production.

So here we are approaching the half way point of the season and you and a half a doz. other cdcer's feel BXa is a changed man and now worthy of being included in 'the plan'.

I suspect MG is a way smarter than tht and will realize that the previous four frustrating seasons watching BXa's brain farts is the real Bxa, and his soso play of the last 3 months is the aberration. Salo has a terrific record of fast recovery from major injuries. As I've said before a rusty, one nutted Salo on the back end is a better bet to get the Nuck's past the 2nd round than the enigmatic, mistake prone Bxa. Therefore I believe BXa is still not a part of the plan, unless the Nuck's D is hit by the injury bug again.

Otherwise MG will be playing a game of BXa's and 0's. The 0 is for BXa is outahere.

No job in Europe or the ECHL? Wow. Let me know when you actually watch a game.

1: Bolded LITERALLY makes ZERO sense.

2: Are you forgetting that players can PROGRESS and IMPROVE when they are YOUNG, and REGRESS when AGING (especially when rehabbing from major injury)?

So tell me - which player has more POTENTIAL TO IMPROVE between "Bxa" and "Salo"?

Say we trade "BXA", Salo never gets back to form, re-injures himself a week into the playoffs, and we are left with a less than desireable pairing of Alberts/Rome on the 3rd pairing, with literally NOBODY NHL ready to call up besides maybe Parent (Who looked a LOT shakier and less skilled than "BXA" when he played in the NHL this year)?? Then what's the "plan"?

Your problem is that you have no foresight - you're just one of those sad, desperate demi-trolls that is a Canuck homer and a player basher at the same time.. who are you going to start riding if "BXA" is shipped out? And if he isn't - is it MG for not getting rid of him?

I suppose you're one of those guys that HATES AV but doesn't know why other than that "he chews gum"?

Archived