The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kevin Bieksa you are really...

Zigmund.Palffy

Christian Ehrhoff didn't exactly need the Sedins last year, pointless argument that you have no chance of proving.

Edler and Ehrhoff have both shown that they do not leech of the Sedins. Also, as I've said before, imo Christian Ehrhoff is part of the reason why the Sedins are 100 point players now.

If he played with the players Bieksa plays with, he would have around the same amount of points. Are you saying Ehrhoff is good enough to get around the same amount of points playing with third liners? I don't see what you are trying to argue here, it's obvious that the player playing with better players will have more points. If you switched the two players roles, Bieksa would also have a lot of points, but Ehrhoff wouldn't last against the other teams top line.

Edit: Your post is pretty contradictory, how can it be that Ehrhoff proved he can produce without the Sedins last year and yet is a reason why they were 100 point players?

If he played with the players Bieksa plays with, he would have around the same amount of points. Are you saying Ehrhoff is good enough to get around the same amount of points playing with third liners? I don't see what you are trying to argue here, it's obvious that the player playing with better players will have more points. If you switched the two players roles, Bieksa would also have a lot of points, but Ehrhoff wouldn't last against the other teams top line.

Edit: Your post is pretty contradictory, how can it be that Ehrhoff proved he can produce without the Sedins last year and yet is a reason why they were 100 point players?

Bieksa has played mostly behind Kesler's line actually (and yet Edler has gotten more points than Bieksa with Kesler in much fewer EV strength minutes with him). You are correct though, that last part is contradictory but I did not try to pass it off as fact instead of an opinion. I can show the amount of points Ehrhoff put up last year playing with Kesler. Bieksa is the only dman on the team who has shown he needs the Sedins to produce offensively.

Id wager Ehrhoff may even put up MORE points if he didn't play with the Sedins 5 on 5.

Wrong yet again. Bieksa admitted it may happen but never said Gillis was actively being shopping him. Quite the opposite saying, "you guys have been drawing blanks for three years now with the rumors".

And Gillis has never said he was actively shopping Bieksa. Quite the opposite.....

Gillis did say later he'd had "inquiries" from other GM's.

Well of course MG isn't going to admit he unsuccessfully shopped a player.

Prior to Sami's injury, Botch and Kuzma haq said Colorado, LA, and Columbus I think, were interested in BXa, Colo went the cheaper route and LA went with Willie. There have been numerous rumors since then, but as usual the Nuck's mgmt won't confirm them until a deal is done.

Oh and BXa did say he could put 2 + 2 together, so he was basically admitting that at that point, with his diminishing role on the team, the absence of an NTC and the fact he was pricey and in the last year of a contract , the TRADE BIEKSA writing was on the wall. Then Salo got hurt and BXa got a temporary reprieve from the prevailing wisdom that said a trade was pending.

That brings us to today, appox 2 mo's prior to the trade deadline and probably less time than that before before Salo's imminent return to the team. They have to clear 3.5 mil to fulfill their contractual obligation to Salo. So what is MG going to do? Move 3 or 4 of his much coveted depth players or merely dump Bxa who's hohum role with the team could easily be filled by Ballard or an definite improvement would be Salo.

Prior to Sami's injury, Botch and Kuzma haq said Colorado, LA, and Columbus I think, were interested in BXa, Colo went the cheaper route and LA went with Willie. There have been numerous rumors since then, but as usual the Nuck's mgmt won't confirm them until a deal is done.

Oh and BXa did say he could put 2 + 2 together, so he was basically admitting that at that point, with his diminishing role on the team, the absence of an NTC and the fact he was pricey and in the last year of a contract , the TRADE BIEKSA writing was on the wall. Then Salo got hurt and BXa got a temporary reprieve from the prevailing wisdom that said a trade was pending.

That brings us to today, appox 2 mo's prior to the trade deadline and probably less time than that before before Salo's imminent return to the team. They have to clear 3.5 mil to fulfill their contractual obligation to Salo. So what is MG going to do? Move 3 or 4 of his much coveted depth players or merely dump Bxa who's hohum role with the team could easily be filled by Ballard or an definite improvement would be Salo.

Your logic is flawed in that if Ballard replaces Bieksa and Salo replaces Ballard then there's still a hole there.

What I'm trying to tell you is that 3 players minus 1 player equals 2 players.

Also between your point A (Shopping Bieksa in the offseason) and point B (now) you forgot to mention that Bieksa's been playing much better than he did last year when the "prevailing WISDOM" (and I use that term loosely) was that Bieksa was definitely the only option for a trade to clear salary.

Things have happened between now and then that may have changed these "solid facts" you keep spewing out of your blowhole. Trading ANYONE (including your arch-enemy "BXA") is going to lessen our depth - especially when we're not able to take back any salary in return - that's kinda common sense, no?

Bieksa has played mostly behind Kesler's line actually (and yet Edler has gotten more points than Bieksa with Kesler in much fewer EV strength minutes with him). You are correct though, that last part is contradictory but I did not try to pass it off as fact instead of an opinion. I can show the amount of points Ehrhoff put up last year playing with Kesler. Bieksa is the only dman on the team who has shown he needs the Sedins to produce offensively.

Id wager Ehrhoff may even put up MORE points if he didn't play with the Sedins 5 on 5.

Actually, (I don't know a site that can produce this, but I've been watching for it) Bieksa plays mostly with the third line. Ehrhoff plays the most with the Sedins who get the most points. It's only natural that he gets more points.

I really don't know how you can say something like the last part of your points rationally (with all due respect). It's hard to argue with statements like that because it's mainly speculation.

But the fact that Ehrhoff has 4 ES points without the Sedins isn't very impressive.

Don't get me wrong, although I'm not a fan of Ehrhoff, I do think that he is needed on this team for a successful playoff run. But as a 4/5th defensemen.

So let's see...you make an unsubstantiated and asinine assertion, someone else graciously and rightly smacks you in the mouth with actual quotes straight from the GM's mouth and you say......Uh, well, uh.....well of course he's not going to say this and of course he's going to say that and of course my jokes aren't funny because I add "lol" at the end of them.

At every turn and every schticky assertion you're made to face facts and reality by those who actually know what they're talking about. Just give it up. You're arguments failed. Your jokes failed. You fail.

Bieksa HAS shown his worth so far this year in order to let MG get rid of some "coveted" depth at defense through the waiver process and still have a great chance at keeping them anyways. Bieksa's hohum role??? The guy is playing the second most minutes and is leading the entire dcore in +/- and fighting ability, on top of his more than anyone else on the dcore's, leadership role.

All you have left are your lame Bieksa jokes.

"Success in Backpedaling is contradicting yourself and making everyone believe you are consistent". And you fail, even at that.

Backpedal.jpg

Your logic is flawed in that if Ballard replaces Bieksa and Salo replaces Ballard then there's still a hole there.

What I'm trying to tell you is that 3 players minus 1 player equals 2 players.

Also between your point A (Shopping Bieksa in the offseason) and point B (now) you forgot to mention that Bieksa's been playing much better than he did last year when the "prevailing WISDOM" (and I use that term loosely) was that Bieksa was definitely the only option for a trade to clear salary.

Things have happened between now and then that may have changed these "solid facts" you keep spewing out of your blowhole. Trading ANYONE (including your arch-enemy "BXA") is going to lessen our depth - especially when we're not able to take back any salary in return - that's kinda common sense, no?

I'm having a hard time understanding your concerns with my post but I'll try

The pressure to move someone comes from the need to be cap compliant when Salo is deemed healthy enough to play.

True if you have 3 players minus 1 = 2 physically, but as far as their salary cap goes, currently Salo's hit is excused by the cap, the team is allowed to exceed the cap by Salo's contract due to his LTIR status. So although he is on the roster, you have 3 players but you only count 2 of their cap hits, all of which are high cap hits, 2 of the 3 have NTC's and are better defencemen than the 3rd one. Which one is most likely to go. Or keep all 3 and then trade 3 or 4 small cap hit roster players thus eroding your much needed depth.

Replace is the key word MG will replace Bieksa with Ballard or definitely improve on that role with Salo.

The sooner the better I say

Actually, (I don't know a site that can produce this, but I've been watching for it) Bieksa plays mostly with the third line. Ehrhoff plays the most with the Sedins who get the most points. It's only natural that he gets more points.

I really don't know how you can say something like the last part of your points rationally (with all due respect). It's hard to argue with statements like that because it's mainly speculation.

But the fact that Ehrhoff has 4 ES points without the Sedins isn't very impressive.

Don't get me wrong, although I'm not a fan of Ehrhoff, I do think that he is needed on this team for a successful playoff run. But as a 4/5th defensemen.

Ehrhoff barely gets any points with the Sedins 5 on 5, hence he should theoretically actually produce more without them (such as last year with his 21 EV points while not playing behind the Sedins). Ehrhoff is playing behind the Sedins this year because of his first pass, he is able to quickly transition from defense to offense so the Sedins can work their cycle. Edler doesn't get many even strength points with the Sedins either. The Sedins don't use the defense much 5 on 5 so Ehrhoff playing with the Sedins hasn't helped his point totals even strength. As I said, Edler and Ehrhoff played behind the 2nd and 3rd line last year yet put up similar points, they have shown they don't need the Sedins to produce, only PP time.

So let's see...you make an unsubstantiated and asinine assertion, someone else graciously and rightly smacks you in the mouth with actual quotes straight from the GM's mouth and you say......Uh, well, uh.....well of course he's not going to say this and of course he's going to say that and of course my jokes aren't funny because I add "lol" at the end of them.

At every turn and every schticky assertion you're made to face facts and reality by those who actually know what they're talking about. Just give it up. You're arguments failed. Your jokes failed. You fail.

Bieksa HAS shown his worth so far this year in order to let MG get rid of some "coveted" depth at defense through the waiver process and still have a great chance at keeping them anyways. Bieksa's hohum role??? The guy is playing the second most minutes and is leading the entire dcore in +/- and fighting ability, on top of his more than anyone else on the dcore's, leadership role.

All you have left are your lame Bieksa jokes.

"Success in Backpedaling is contradicting yourself and making everyone believe you are consistent". And you fail, even at that.

Backpedal.jpg

lol, your argument fails so bad, you have to resort to name calling just to justify your post. Should I send you flowers to console you when Bieksa gets the boot ? We should start a countdown, why don't you run a poll, will it be 4, 6 or 8 weeks, Feb 28, when we say bye bye bieksa? biggrin.gif

lol, your argument fails so bad, you have to resort to name calling just to justify your post. Should I send you flowers to console you when Bieksa gets the boot ? We should start a countdown, why don't you run a poll, will it be 4, 6 or 8 weeks, Feb 28, when we say bye bye bieksa? biggrin.gif

:lol:

Don't ever leave. You're the bestest.

So the truth is the verbal diarrhea you try to pass off as fact is truly nothing more than your own bs fantasy. You have no source whatsoever to confirm your claim MG was actively shopping Bieksa and had no takers. Therefore your post was wrong.

Rumors, like Gaborik buying a house here, are rumors. The facts are Salo is on LTI and MG been under no pressure to do anything.

At most you can take Bieksa's words as admitting his being moved is a possibility. Nowhere in there did he say he was being actively shopped as you claimed. Therefore your post was wrong.

Just because trading Bieksa is the only solution YOU want doesn't mean it's the only actual option MG will consider. The only thing we actually know is Salo won't be back until February at the earliest now. Which means at least another month of you attempting to pass fantasy off as fact.

You may notice that your compatriots, Wallstreet, hank&dan, Barry_Wilkins et al, have all deserted you like rats on a sinking ship.

Please understand, for the second time, that as a fascinating gadabout man with varying important, entertaining, and frivolous things to do, participating ad nauseum on a Bieksa thread is far down my list of daily priorities. The posts here are occasionally hilarious (when the anti-Bieksonians are in top form), but often strangely fawning, silly, and ganging-up in a juvenile way, especially when the groupies join hands like a shiny-cheeked church choir.

My opinion hasn't changed since page 1: Bieksa is overrated by many, his cap hit is atrocious, his UFA status (and the fact that there's been no indication Gillis/Gilman have even hinted they're talking extension) and our need to be cap compliant soon, all coincide and point to Bieksa's backside being shown the final exit sign before the trade deadline.

As long as the rest of our D hold together till the end of January, I expect the Bieksa rumours to heat up, and hopefully a desperate bubble team offers the impressively patient Gillis a prospect package that makes sense for us.

Further for the Bieksa-hopefuls: again, Bieksa has value around the league. How much is hard to figure out. But at least one team, probably more, will be willing to cough up $4 million plus for him in a longish-term deal. There's no way Gillis does that, and there's no way Bieksa turns that down since it's his chance at his biggest payday ever. Even the Bieksa lovers speculate on a 2.75 million per year deal. That's fantasy.

Archived