The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kevin Bieksa you are really...

Zigmund.Palffy

• 2 weeks later...

Well another pee-wee performance by Bieksa with a minus 2 performance causing the 2 "back breaking" goals by his out of position play against Tampa tonight. This is the umteenth game he has personally cost the Canucks this season. Glad the see the coach is starting to place him on the 3rd defensive pairing where he belongs. Next step - he'll be benched then the AHL follows before being put on barge and pushed out to sea (or Florida).

• 3 months later...

Well after that disgusting loss to Calgary tonight. It's pretty obvious what I and thousands of other have been saying for the last several years in this epic post - that Bieksa is a liability to this team along with Hamuseless. They are too old, slow and below average to even play in Utica and I hope this is the last post I ever to make on these two liabilities because I'm sure Jim Benning will ship one or both off to Florida or Toronto in the off season or simply buy them out. Bieksa is a freeloader. Always was - always will be! His time is up - enough said!

Talks a ton of crap he can't backup. Isnt physical, not good at anything really. Scared to get hit, rattled so easily. 2nd arena in a row he's been booed in the playoffs. He just pisses people off, but not in a good PK Subban kinda way. Just in a laugh at the joke Bieksa has become kinda way.

Kevin Bieksa you really are.... turning into a liability that gets caught flat footed way to often to be a top 4 defenseman on any half decent team

Bieksa and Sbisa aren't bad but as a pair... Willie please take this as a learning experience and never pair them again.

all of you don't realize how good he was the past couple of games. Which is maybe a good thing because he does the little things that go unnoticed and you blame him for every single thing you can point to him for. Is he a 1st line Dman? of course not, he's a veteran and understands where he's being played and why. He's a true vet and his importance to this team is huge.

Bieksa and Sbisa aren't bad but as a pair... Willie please take this as a learning experience and never pair them again.

How come when the Canucks get a bad pairing, Bieksa's name is always in the conversation? ie. Bieksa / Edler.

Maybe because Bieksa is just an anchor and freeloader, and he can't stand by himself as a defenseman. He needs someone else to make him look good.

Bieksa was good when he was paired with Mitchell.

Then he was pretty good when paired with Hamhuis.

Now he's being asked to be the dominant one of the pairing and struggles.

He's getting old, doesn't provide offense, his defensive ability has always been suspect, and he only is tough and fights with weaker opponents.... time to relegate him as the 6/7th guy.

How come when the Canucks get a bad pairing, Bieksa's name is always in the conversation? ie. Bieksa / Edler.

Maybe because Bieksa is just an anchor and freeloader, and he can't stand by himself as a defenseman. He needs someone else to make him look good.

Because there's only two of them? lol, plus that was a bad pairing from the beginning given they're both dmen who like to pinch and be aggressively, which never works. Gotta mix an offensive dman with a defensive dman (ie. Tanev + Edler)

Because Edler had an off year due to injury and Bieksa was in and out of the lineup that year.

Bieksa/Sbisa is a bad pair from the get go, you have two high risk high reward players who both have an natural instinct to jump in the play.

IMO Weber should have been scratched and Sbisa bumped up to play with Edler and then Stanton/Bieksa as the 3rd pair. Would have benefited more in this series from Stanton's sand paper play compared to Weber's occasional offensive flash.

Not throwing Weber under the bus or blaming him as he played alright just thought we could have used Stanton's size more.

I respect all he's done for the organization, and he'll always be one of my favourite character guys, but he's just getting in the way of the younger guys at this point. His defensive game has never been strong, and he brings virtually no offence anymore.

I wonder if he would accept a trade to Toronto - near his hometown, and in desperate need of leadership in the dressing room.

Archived