The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kevin Bieksa you are really...

Zigmund.Palffy

If you are watching out for negatives in someone's game, you will find them. Bieksa is not a perfect player. He is a pretty good defenseman, thats it. He will make mistakes.

Nobody seems to be looking at the mistakes made by the other members of the team. I remember saying a few times "who did that....", on a blatant giveaway and it was not Bieksa.

Not to mention, it is the first game of the season, I mean give the guy a break.

I thought he played alright and showed some grist in his game. Hopefully that sticks.

It wasn't my attention to blame any one player. I didn't intend for my post to reflect a blame towards a single player that I felt had the out and out effect of resulting in the loss. Kes was far and away more directly contributive to our loss than Bieksa though. I cut Kes, Lou, Sammy, Ray, a tonne of slack, because it is the first regular season game back and is at another level than a week's worth of practice is...

The questioning of Bieksa for one chincy called penalty for inteference and a superstar's ability to skate faster around him going forward than he can backwards, is a stupid reason to take a dump on a player that had a pretty solid outing and showing in practically all facets of his game.

People complain because it's easier to do that than it is to praise or stay quiet about someone that you don't like. Simple.

The penalty was bogus....ticky-tack...nickel-dime stuff....peanuts compared to the missed high stick on the Oilers' Paajarvi the other day...but....

"in before the Lu bashers start blaming it all on the goaltending...."

Great tonight :), That Penalty you took in OT was Questionable, but no hate, you gotta give the new guys credit

Hamhuis, Ballard, Malhotra wow you gotta take them out to Roxys for bailing you out .

C-

the canucks played well, first game for both teams and we both were working out the rust. not happy about the end results but glad we got the point. we are only going up from here.

honestly, it's a new year and people should be giving Bieksa a break. Every single fan has a giant magnifying glass over every single move he does. I bet if Ehrhoff gave the puck away, no one would even notice. We're one game into the season, no need for 5 topics on Bieksa every single game

It was Ehrhoff whom Schenn dangled badly, no? Flame... Flame... Flame...

laugh.gif

he did jump forward offensively really well. I expect improvement in the regular season as him and Hamhuis get used to each other.

Sometimes I wonder how much gripes against Bieska are actually valid, just because he's under CDC's microscope. Any flaw is magnified a thousand times.

It wasn't my attention to blame any one player. I didn't intend for my post to reflect a blame towards a single player that I felt had the out and out effect of resulting in the loss. Kes was far and away more directly contributive to our loss than Bieksa though. I cut Kes, Lou, Sammy, Ray, a tonne of slack, because it is the first regular season game back and is at another level than a week's worth of practice is...

The questioning of Bieksa for one chincy called penalty for inteference and a superstar's ability to skate faster around him going forward than he can backwards, is a stupid reason to take a dump on a player that had a pretty solid outing and showing in practically all facets of his game.

People complain because it's easier to do that than it is to praise or stay quiet about someone that you don't like. Simple.

Well said.

I've come to the realization that no matter how well we're playing, the fans will find someone and something to over analyze and rip to shreads. Bieksa will continue to be that guy until someone forcibly takes the scapegoat title from him.

What laziness was there last night?

He skated hard virtually everytime he had the puck, rushing up the ice. He skated hard getting back on defence, when he pinched offensively and had someone covering from him. He didn't do anything to cause any 2 on 1's for Hamhuis.

And the extra minutes he played over Ballard were most likely on the PP and the PK. Bieksa looked very solid with Hamhuis on the PP. He cycled well, kept the puck in the zone as the last man on numerous occasions. He had solid blasts from the point. He held onto the puck to make good pass decisons while on the PP(again solid puck distribution) He got back when the puck was fired out of the zone, and he rushed the puck or made solid first passes while rushing the puck coming out of his zone on the PP.

On the PK, Bieksa, didn't take any unecessary shots at opposing players. He stayed stride for stride with his assigments and switched off well with Hamhuis. He stayed low and took the man in front of the net by boxing him out or by taking away a passing lane cross crease or to the man in front of the net, making the decision on the opposing player to put the puck to the point as a better choice. He didn't interfere with Lou or screen him...or allow him to be screened, for the most part.

He wasn't even on the ice when the opposing PP scored on us....that was Edler and Ehrhoff.

The first penalty for elbowing was hard play...hard on the man, that is. We can't have it both ways. If we want him to play harder than before then there will be times when that hardness gets a call. We either accept it...but we can't call him out for being aggressive and physical one day and then lazy, seemingly uncaring, and a shell of his former self in the physical and toughness department, the next day or game. That nonsense just won't slide anymore.

Juice gave plenty of effort and was not the demise of this team last night. Kesler was, he couldn't score when he had numerous occasions to do so and his interference penalty was far more selfish and lazy, especially while going to the bench. That led to a goal and Edler and Ehrhoff allowed a goal while defending on the PK. Bieksa had nothing to do with the loss tonight.

The only thing lazy about Bieksa are the comments, nitpicking and views on his play tonight.

But like i've said before....Haters gonna hate.

And the Bieksa slurpers are gonna slurp

Bieksa looked OK. It looked like he was trying a little too hard. He almost scored when he jumped up on the rush and had a good shot on goal. I'm sure all the negativity surrounding him has some effect on his play but he looked OK. It's too bad about some of his penalties. I think he needs to get some games on the road and get out of the pressure cooker of Vancouver. I think he will get much better after a few games. He has the potential to stay in our top 4D.

The penalty was bogus....ticky-tack...nickel-dime stuff....peanuts compared to the missed high stick on the Oilers' Paajarvi the other day...but....

"in before the Lu bashers start blaming it all on the goaltending...."

Agree. That elbowing penalty, you know what? Fine...i'll take it if I was him and as a fan. He drove his body through the glass and had his elbow up while doing it. His elbow wasn't the driving force though...but whatever.

The second penalty of the game in OT was completely a chincy call...ticky tack and amatuerish for sure. Bieksa was skating to get back to the point and the play and players, ours and opposing, were engaged with one another and got tangled up with a skating Bieksa. Bieksa had every right to skate back to the point and just got caught up in a play. Is that penalty worthy? In OT?? on opening night???

Hell No!

But, let me now tell you how i really feel!............;)

you're a fool, take off those rose coloured glasses. early in the 1st he already started handing the puck away in the defensive zone.

but no, the majority has to be wrong about Bieksa for all this time, we all just like slagging the guy for some non hockey reasons because he's so unlikeable. :rolleyes:

Well said.

I've come to the realization that no matter how well we're playing, the fans will find someone and something to over analyze and rip to shreads. Bieksa will continue to be that guy until someone forcibly takes the scapegoat title from him.

They'll have to pry it from Bieksa's bashed, unappreciated and over criticised hands.

why do people single out players they don't like to blame but never mention the gaffs of their favorite players?.....teams win and lose as a team....bieksa played as well as anyone else....the team looks good and once they start scoring, they will be great.

Archived