The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Star Wars: The Old Republic

The Situation

• 5 months later...

I've been trying to keep my hype for this game down for years, and have been succeeding - until this week, something snapped. I want to play it now...

Probably just my MMO withdrawal kicking in. Haven't played one seriously for a few years now.

Still not a fan of the art style though.

Doesn't look to bad but I'm not a big fan of MMO' like this but it certainly looks interesting. I wish they would make a star wars game more in the light of an Elder Scrolls or a Fallout, more in depth customizable experience. I liked KOTOR 1 to a degree but I wasn't a big fan of the combat, but it was one of the closer Star Wars games to what I was looking for though and I did enjoy the story line that I got through(didn't finish it all unfortunately).

Anyone else play Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic I and II? KOTOR I and II were amongst the best RPGs I have ever played.

I am a huge RPG fan but not really a big player of MMORPGS but I have to give this a try.

Now on a side note, this would be my top 15 favourite RPGs

1.) Neverwinter Nights

2.) Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind

3.) Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

4.) Baldur's Gate II

5.) Final Fantasy VIII

6.) Dragon Age: Origins

7.) Jade Empire

8.) Neverwinter Nights II

9.) Paper Mario

10.) Final Fantasy X

11.) Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II

12.) Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

13.) Fallout III

14.) Mass Effect II

15.) Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

• 5 weeks later...

NOOOO!!!

I don't think ToR is meant to be a WoW killer. They seem to target different audiences for the most part. WoW has a lot of casual gamers whereas Star Wars has a huge science fiction audience even though it is isn't really a sci-fi. It is more of a Star Trek Online killer. Either way, I hope they steal a page from EVE Online and focus more on a player run economy with more of a sandbox. This sort of Alliance vs Horde, Jedi vs Sith, good vs evil is kind of tiring. I like the wide open world with more of everyone for themselves except for player run alliances.

Speaking of MMOs, how awesome would it be if they had an Elder Scrolls MMO and an MMO based on the Forgotten Realms Universe?

• 1 month later...

Archived