The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] NBA Thread

EvoLu7ioN

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Awww man just lookin at some of my old slam magazines from back in the day..it talks about one of my favorite players:Dirk Nowitzki..what a beast this guy is..him an Tracy macgrady used to have quite the rivalry back in the day and even tho Tracy has had his injury problems like his knees and his back Dirk continues to still light guys up in the NBA..I've always been proud of German athletes since I was born there..hoopheads check out this video documenting Tmacs and dirks special rivalry in this legendary game from back in the day :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmhmMKD9ZE4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Yeah, he's a beast.

The trade returns former Magic star Hedo Turkoglu, along with Jason Richardson and Earl Clark, to Orlando in exchange for Vince Carter, Marcin Gortat, Mickael Pietrus, a 2011 first-round pick and cash considerations.

Ya this is really interesting. Apparently Orlando has just away Lewis for Arenas, wowwww. Even though Arenas seems like a Cancer, wow. Looks like Phoenix is looking to tank.

Wow, so with their trades Orlando looks a LOT better. Howard, Arenas, Turkoglu, Richardson, Nelson, Redick & co.... Orlando just got BIGGGGG. I wonder if these trades are directly designed to put together a team with the ability to beat Miami through size.

In other news, I've got 50$ on Wade getting more points than Arenas tonight, I wonder if this means I automatically win that bet haha.

Ya this is really interesting. Apparently Orlando has just away Lewis for Arenas, wowwww. Even though Arenas seems like a Cancer, wow. Looks like Phoenix is looking to tank.

I think Phoenix made this trade to get better. Carter may be a downgrade on J-Rich, but he also may blow up. J-Rich got a lot of good looks playing alongside Nash, and Carter should benefit similarly. Also, Turkoglu was doing nothing. His slow pace and lack of energy made him a liability at times. Pietrus will step into Turkoglu's role and probably do a better job. He is much better suited to Phoenix's up tempo style. And I think Gortat was actually a big part of this deal. Phoenix gets a much-needed decent big guy.

While I do think this trade makes Phoenix better in the short-term, it may also be designed to allow for change to happen quicker (that is, to allow them to re-build). They got rid of Turkoglu's big contract and replaced it with Carter's. Carter is only guaranteed $4M next year. I believe Nash's contract is also up. It could be re-build time for the Suns...

Archived