The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Uncharted 3: Drakes Deception

The Hornet

Well, after dwelling on it a little bit, I can't help but feel disappointed with how short the game was. For all the times I've made fun of Call of Duty and other games for having excessively short campaigns, I can't just turn a blind eye to a AAA game that takes less than 10 hours to complete.

It's bittersweet to say that, because the game itself was completely awesome, and I loved almost everything about it. The only exception would probably be fighting the brutes - why do they always go for the kick, didn't they see me press the triangle the last 55 times I fought one of them? Tacky, yet somehow satisfying at times.

In any case, it hardly deserved a 10/10 from IGN, but it's not a total waste, It would be a 9/10 from me, but hey, I don't get paid for that. I just wish it was more "Bang for my buck," since I can't stand multiplayer, for the most part.

Loved the first two, but came late to the game and got them for cheap ($20 and $25, respectively). After seeing how easy they were to beat, I decided in advance not to pay full price for 3.

But now two buddies have 3, so I'll just borrow it.

Finished the campaign in hard mode in around 9-10 hours. After playing all the previous Uncharted series, I think I can make a pretty good judgment on this game.

Graphic wise - this game has improved. I have to give full marks to Naughty Dog for all the detail they put into the game. I am also impressed with the way Drake's hands touch the wall if you go near it and the way certain players express themselves while talking. Overall, the graphics were better and the amount of detail was outstanding. I give Naughty Dog full marks for the graphics.

Story line - Those who have been following the series should know how great the story was for the previous 2 games. The story for this one was also well written. However, I didn't really enjoy the female villain. I found the puzzles to be really cool though. If you thought the puzzles in Uncharted 2 were good, wait till you play the third. Some of them are pretty challenging if you don't use the hints that is. I'll give the story 9/10

Length of the game was short as everyone else stated. It consists of 22 chapters just like the other 2 series. However, it feels a lot shorter this time. I feel they could have made it a bit longer and it would have been perfect. 9/10

Gameplay - Naughty Dog stuck with what worked in the previous two and didn't change much. Instead, they implemented more physical game-play. Basically, you can grab people now and toss them. You're also allowed to dodge others who try to hit you and counter back. 10/10

Overall, I give the game a 9.5/10. However, I have yet to play online. Multiplayer was one of the modes I spent a lot of time on for Uncharted 2, but I heard from friends that the multiplayer isn't as great this time and that they need to patch it.

I'm guessing that is why most people give it a 9/10.

Finished the campaign in hard mode in around 9-10 hours. After playing all the previous Uncharted series, I think I can make a pretty good judgment on this game.

Graphic wise - this game has improved. I have to give full marks to Naughty Dog for all the detail they put into the game. I am also impressed with the way Drake's hands touch the wall if you go near it and the way certain players express themselves while talking. Overall, the graphics were better and the amount of detail was outstanding. I give Naughty Dog full marks for the graphics.

Story line - Those who have been following the series should know how great the story was for the previous 2 games. The story for this one was also well written. However, I didn't really enjoy the female villain. I found the puzzles to be really cool though. If you thought the puzzles in Uncharted 2 were good, wait till you play the third. Some of them are pretty challenging if you don't use the hints that is. I'll give the story 9/10

Length of the game was short as everyone else stated. It consists of 22 chapters just like the other 2 series. However, it feels a lot shorter this time. I feel they could have made it a bit longer and it would have been perfect. 9/10

Gameplay - Naughty Dog stuck with what worked in the previous two and didn't change much. Instead, they implemented more physical game-play. Basically, you can grab people now and toss them. You're also allowed to dodge others who try to hit you and counter back. 10/10

Overall, I give the game a 9.5/10. However, I have yet to play online. Multiplayer was one of the modes I spent a lot of time on for Uncharted 2, but I heard from friends that the multiplayer isn't as great this time and that they need to patch it.

I'm guessing that is why most people give it a 9/10.

No Wigs emot-parrot.gif

Each game has their individual story. You may not know some of the side characters as they were all built up, but overall it doesn't affect the story much.

Personally, I think the game is worth every penny because the replay value on this game (if you play online) is great. The co-op missions with 3 players and survival/elimination and etc modes are great.

• 1 year later...

I just beat this game (got it for Christmas), and it is awesome. I feel that it wasn't as...directed? as U2. In U2 it told you where you were going and why, but in U3 it just kind of felt like you were going places. Haven't played online yet, but I hope you don't get owned by level infinity clans like in U2.

• 2 weeks later...

I decided to chip away at this game recently as well as it came with my new PS3. The seamless transitions from conversation into gameplay should be a lesson for all other software companies (obviously much larger game engines wouldn't be able to do such without sacrificing graphics, but still). The game looks fantastic. It definitely took some time for me to adjust to the odd gameplay, as I too have not played U and U2, but I have come to appreciate it.

It saddens me to realize that I have completed %40 of a game I have barely played. Lazy Naughty Dog. I suppose there are many short games out there, but for a Game of the Year to be beaten in under 10 hours? Slim pickings in 2012 huh...

Archived