The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report(s)] Zach Parise Discussion thread

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Parise - Kesler - Hansen/Samuelsson

Torres - Malhotra - Hansen/Samuelsson

*Drools*

Schneider will have to be heading the other way, as well as Raymond. New Jersey would likely want us to take Hedberg off their hands (he would have to waive his NTC), and would want a draft pick, and maybe something more (a defenseman) for this to work out. Parise's cap hit is about 3mil if I'm correct, so it'd be pretty easy to fit him onto our team and under the cap.

EDIT: Could we give them Samuelsson, too and have our lines look like this:

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Parise - Kesler - Tambellini

Torres - Malhotra - Hansen

Glass - Bolduc - Volpatti

...?

Anybody know what New Jerseys cap situation is?

If it'd mean COHO plus others going the other way I'd rather just go after Brad Richards or some other UFA......

I'd be willing to deal Schneider,Raymond,Shroeder,Suave and a 1st+2nd for Parise+late round pick.....

TO NJ:

Raymond

Corey Schneider

Cody hodgson

alexander bolduc

1st round pick

For

To Van:

Zach Parise

Hedberg

rod pelley

late pick

Burrows - H. Sedin - D. Sedin

Parise - Kesler - Tambellini

Torres - Maholtra - Samuelsson

Glass - Pelley - Hansen

A team that will be all over trying to get Parise for next season? The LA Kings. He's exactly what they want and need.

I imagine their offer would be something like Bernier, Simmonds, Hickey and a 1st Round Pick. Other interchangeable possibilities are Moller, Voynov, Teubert, Forbort and Loktionov. There is also Braydon Schenn as well.

Remember that he might not make it back in time for the playoffs at all, and he might not resign with Vancouver in the off season.  So making this kind of trade is potential suicide.  We are potentially trading away 4 1st round picks for nothing.

Archived