The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Official Nintendo 3DS Thread

Captain Bob

i'm sure it would work great walking around downtown or at the mall. transit should work well also.

Probably for the first 6 months to a year, but after that I think people will stop carrying them around. There was nothing detected yesterday at Richmond Centre, which is actually kind of surprising. Maybe everyone spent their money on the iPad 2.

I love it so far, the 3D is pretty cool. What were you expecting the 3D to be like? I bought lego star wars with it and there's a couple missions where you fly a Y wing and you have lazers and space debris coming right at you, it's great :D

I took it out with me last night when I went to Richmond Centre in hopes the street pass would detect someone else with a 3DS, but it didn't :( I don't see that feature working THAT well, especially when it's about a year old and no one carries them around any more.

Well when I first tried the 3D test, I actually couldn't tell the difference between the non-3D and the 3D, I was like, wha?? I guess I was expecting more of a pop-out effect. I did notice it while playing with the AR games, looked pretty cool.

I took it to Richmond Centre today, but also detected nobody :( I'll keep trying... I want to play the Mii RPG game! I agree that it will take a bit of time for more people to adopt it. But I, like most others, will probably stop carrying it around with me after awhile, unless I am playing a game that provides bonuses for connecting with Streetpass.

Well when I first tried the 3D test, I actually couldn't tell the difference between the non-3D and the 3D, I was like, wha?? I guess I was expecting more of a pop-out effect. I did notice it while playing with the AR games, looked pretty cool.

I took it to Richmond Centre today, but also detected nobody :( I'll keep trying... I want to play the Mii RPG game! I agree that it will take a bit of time for more people to adopt it. But I, like most others, will probably stop carrying it around with me after awhile, unless I am playing a game that provides bonuses for connecting with Streetpass.

I have a 3D TV and the 3D looks the same, more depth than actually stuff flying at you, so it's about what I expected. I'll be in Richmond Centre with it again today, hope to pick something up. Maybe you'll be there again ;)

I guess they figure the population of richmond would be the most likely ones to have purchased a 3DS? Or they are part of that population themselves?

I would have thought Metrotown to be the more likely spot for that.

I live across the street from Richmond Centre. In fact I am eating quiznos in the food court right now. Still no street pass detected

I pulled out my original ganeboy to play Kid Icarus because I am so excited for the new one. Sadly the screen doesn't work very well anymore so I am playing it in the GBA :D

;);););):):):):):D:D:D:D:emot-parrot:

I hadn't heard about a new one. What's it about (other than a younger me, of course)?

Lager and Ichijou you guys sure like going to Richmond Centre.

I work in Richmond Centre, that's why I keep bringing my 3DS there :D Anyway still no luck with the Streetpass.

I'm looking forward to Ocarina of Time as well.. and Kid Icarus too. It baffles me as to why they couldn't have any of these "killer apps" ready for the launch :mellow: Or even the internet browser or E-Shop.

I work in Richmond Centre, that's why I keep bringing my 3DS there :D Anyway still no luck with the Streetpass.

I'm looking forward to Ocarina of Time as well.. and Kid Icarus too. It baffles me as to why they couldn't have any of these "killer apps" ready for the launch :mellow: Or even the internet browser or E-Shop.

Where do you work? I'll walk by with mine.

And I agree about the online store. I want to buy some classic GB games. Even though I still have my GB and about 30 games, so I guess I could just use that.

I work at the Shoppers. I'm not sure if the systems will be able to detect each other though since it'll be in my locker.

I went to EBGames and Future Shop today and met two Miis, they were probably both from the EBGames.

Got my first 2 street passes today !!!

I took it to the Whitecaps game and that's where I tagged them.

Yay! I haven't gotten anymore since Friday... I'm going to Video Games Live next week so I expect to tag some more there!

Archived