The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Official Nintendo 3DS Thread

Captain Bob

So I was out walking around all afternoon yesterday, and I had brought my 3DS along so I can get my ten coins for the day. Later I took it out to play Find Mii and found out that I had forgotten to turn it on before I went out :picard:

So I was out walking around all afternoon yesterday, and I had brought my 3DS along so I can get my ten coins for the day. Later I took it out to play Find Mii and found out that I had forgotten to turn it on before I went out :picard:

Sucks that you missed an opportunity to get a street pass, but 1000 steps only takes about 5 minutes to achieve. I go for my 10 coins every day and usually waste them by going zero for five on buying puzzle pieces.

I just got back from a few days in Victoria. I didn't tag anyone on the boat in either direction despite walking around for nearly the entire ride, but I did tag someone while walking around downtown Victoria.

Hmm it usually takes me a long time to get 1000 steps. My 3DS doesn't seem to count my steps properly, probably because it's in it's case (a DSLite case I might add, hey it still fits lol) in my purse. Perhaps it doesn't pick up motion as much.

I haven't gotten a Streetpass in two weeks :( I haven't walked around the mall or anything like that much though.

Hmm it usually takes me a long time to get 1000 steps. My 3DS doesn't seem to count my steps properly, probably because it's in it's case (a DSLite case I might add, hey it still fits lol) in my purse. Perhaps it doesn't pick up motion as much.

I haven't gotten a Streetpass in two weeks :( I haven't walked around the mall or anything like that much though.

Probably the fact it's in your purse. I keep mine in my pants pocket and I get 1000 in no time.

I tagged a few people at Richmond Centre over the past two days. Got a few SSFIV streetpass battles too. And I finished Find Mii... now to do it all over to get the rest of the hats.

I went to the meetup yesterday but ended up leaving before 5 because my buddy wanted to watch the game instead. I did get 4 tags though while walking around the mall ahead of time so chances are they would be the ones at the meetup anyways. I am only a couple rooms away from finishing find mii for the 2nd time so I am at the point where buying heros is useless because they are too weak. I am also only 3 pieces away from finishing all the puzzles, but a co worker has them so I only need to work 3 more days and I'll have them all.

You work at shoppers in Richmond Centre right? Do you keep it on you? You should for a day or so and let me know so I can walk around in the store and tag you :)

I don't totally understand the Street pass for SSFIV. When I check the street pass log, do I just sit back and watch? And the ones without the yellow dots are the ones I haven't seen yet? I can't change my team after I've tagged someone to help me win can I ? Once I've tagged, the assembled team is what I have to stick with ? The dates are messed up to. I know I got one a month ago, but right now the 3 I have all have yesterday's date and their names aren't anyone I've ever met. Or do you chose a different name for SSFIV than you do for your Mii ?

I went to the meetup yesterday but ended up leaving before 5 because my buddy wanted to watch the game instead. I did get 4 tags though while walking around the mall ahead of time so chances are they would be the ones at the meetup anyways. I am only a couple rooms away from finishing find mii for the 2nd time so I am at the point where buying heros is useless because they are too weak. I am also only 3 pieces away from finishing all the puzzles, but a co worker has them so I only need to work 3 more days and I'll have them all.

You work at shoppers in Richmond Centre right? Do you keep it on you? You should for a day or so and let me know so I can walk around in the store and tag you :)

I don't totally understand the Street pass for SSFIV. When I check the street pass log, do I just sit back and watch? And the ones without the yellow dots are the ones I haven't seen yet? I can't change my team after I've tagged someone to help me win can I ? Once I've tagged, the assembled team is what I have to stick with ? The dates are messed up to. I know I got one a month ago, but right now the 3 I have all have yesterday's date and their names aren't anyone I've ever met. Or do you chose a different name for SSFIV than you do for your Mii ?

Yup I work at Shoppers, my 3DS is always in my purse in my locker though so the chances of tagging me while I'm working are slim. :( Not sure how well the signal will go through walls. I don't have any pockets big enough for the system to fit into or else I would keep it with me for the extra chances to tag someone! :)

When you check the Street Pass log, yes you just sit and watch, you're watching the replay of the battle that occurred when you tagged the person. So nope you can't change your team after the tag. You'll have to make sure you're happy with your team before you go out and tag people. The yellow dot will be beside the team that won, yours being on the left. If you viewed it already there will be a checkmark beside it. And yes you do choose a different name for SSFIV than you do for your Mii. You don't have to, but that would explain why you're never met those people before.

I just noticed something. When I go Figure Collection > Street Pass my Total ratio is 20/20 and my character levels are 7,4,3,2,4 but when I view a log of a fight all my characters say they ae level 1, how come ? :(

Did you choose "Activate StreetPass"? You have to do that every time you change your team or else it will not be saved to memory and the system won't send the updated data. I'd also recommend against using level 7 figures unless you don't have anything with better stats. I was using levels 5, 3, 5, 5, 2 and that beat two teams containing level 7s. The two level 7s were stronger for sure, but the rest of the teams were level 2s and they all lost.

Yup I work at Shoppers, my 3DS is always in my purse in my locker though so the chances of tagging me while I'm working are slim. :( Not sure how well the signal will go through walls. I don't have any pockets big enough for the system to fit into or else I would keep it with me for the extra chances to tag someone! :)

When you check the Street Pass log, yes you just sit and watch, you're watching the replay of the battle that occurred when you tagged the person. So nope you can't change your team after the tag. You'll have to make sure you're happy with your team before you go out and tag people. The yellow dot will be beside the team that won, yours being on the left. If you viewed it already there will be a checkmark beside it. And yes you do choose a different name for SSFIV than you do for your Mii. You don't have to, but that would explain why you're never met those people before.

Did you choose "Activate StreetPass"? You have to do that every time you change your team or else it will not be saved to memory and the system won't send the updated data. I'd also recommend against using level 7 figures unless you don't have anything with better stats. I was using levels 5, 3, 5, 5, 2 and that beat two teams containing level 7s. The two level 7s were stronger for sure, but the rest of the teams were level 2s and they all lost.

I think that's my problem, I didn't re select activate street pass after changing teams. And thanks for the tips on avoiding level 7

I think that's my problem, I didn't re select activate street pass after changing teams. And thanks for the tips on avoiding level 7

Maybe one level 7 would be okay, haven't tested that out. But both teams I faced were something like 7, 7, 3, 2, 1. So a balanced out team was able to beat the three low-levels.

Also check your stats carefully, for example a level 2 figure can be more powerful than a level 3. And any figures with blocks under SC or UC, use them!

Maybe one level 7 would be okay, haven't tested that out. But both teams I faced were something like 7, 7, 3, 2, 1. So a balanced out team was able to beat the three low-levels.

Also check your stats carefully, for example a level 2 figure can be more powerful than a level 3. And any figures with blocks under SC or UC, use them!

SC or UC ?

Yup, all the figures have SC and UC stats, it's the Super Combo and Ultra Combo gauges. Most figures will have nothing under either stat, but those that do are more powerful.

Like these guys here: http://2.bp.blogspot...19042011059.jpg

Akuma's got maxed SC and UC while Ryu has one block for each.

Thanks again for the help !!!

I was about to ask what was better,

LV 4

HP 114

AT 113

or

LV 3

HP 91

AT 120

But level 4 has maxed SC and zero UC where the level 3 has zero for both. SO I will keep the level 4. I was just hoping to free up some salary cap room.

So should UC and SC be the decider ? Should I take maxed out ones and a weak fighter over a strong fighter with zeros ?

I found such an easy way to get FP :D

Play versus. Select hardest for the difficulty (although I don't think difficulty makes a difference) Choose 7 rounds because it goes the quickest, and put their handicap to zero. It takes only 1 hit to kill them which is where the 7 rounds comes in, it loads the next round the quickest. Every round you win gives you 100 FP. I just got 4000 in about half an hour.

Thanks again for the help !!!

I was about to ask what was better,

LV 4

HP 114

AT 113

or

LV 3

HP 91

AT 120

But level 4 has maxed SC and zero UC where the level 3 has zero for both. SO I will keep the level 4. I was just hoping to free up some salary cap room.

So should UC and SC be the decider ? Should I take maxed out ones and a weak fighter over a strong fighter with zeros ?

Usually you should go with the maxed out ones. Can't figure out exactly how much more powerful UC and SC make the figure though so don't pick someone that's too weak :) You can change the figure's attributes too, like if someone has low HP and high attack, you can bump up their defence and lower their power.

Archived