The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Over Fifty Healthy Dogs Slaughtered in Whistler-edited for update

nucklehead

This makes me physically ill.

After proclaiming to the world during the Olympics that BC is the place to visit to experience the wonders of nature, calling this mortifying act an embarrassment is a gross understatement.

If companies gunned down employees they couldn't pay or keep, they would be put to jail. How is this any different?

Yes, but there's a clear difference between killing animals for human survival, and this jackoff killing animals because he can't afford to keep them.

Sorry if you disagree, but killing animals for financial reasons can never be justified.This was not a case of overbreeding.

Animals actually do have rights other than being "disposed of" humanely. I can't just go around injecting cats with cyanide and get away with it because it's "humane".

If he actually was out of options (which I don't believe), the humane thing to do would be to just let them go. Yes there's a good chance that they won't survive, but there chances are still better than the alternative; which is guaranteed death. Killing something is killing something, I don't care if it's done "humanely" or not.

In reality humans can survive without eating animals, but we choose not to. No it's not hypocritical. We are part of the food chain, animals are not here for OUR needs, they're here to share the planet, we just happen to consume them.

Not saying what he did was right, but from the people's responses here, you'd think he committed an atrocity worse than Hitler and Stalin combined.

I get it. You're selective in your love for animals. You don't care if a deer gets shot in the woods and dies from its wound slowly, but a dog...no -------- way!

Just to let you know, pigs are said to be more intelligent than dogs. But what were those two strips of meat you had with your eggs this morning made of?

Participants were representative of the demographic of the time, including lawyers, doctors, teachers, blue-collar workers, and students to name a few. All of them, even when variables like location of event or clothing of researcher were changed, obeyed the researcher and went for the 450 watts, even when openly expressing questions of doubt.

Yes, but there's a clear difference between killing animals for human survival, and this jackoff killing animals because he can't afford to keep them.

Sorry if you disagree, but killing animals for financial reasons can never be justified.This was not a case of overbreeding.

Animals actually do have rights other than being "disposed of" humanely. I can't just go around injecting cats with cyanide and get away with it because it's "humane".

If he actually was out of options (which I don't believe), the humane thing to do would be to just let them go. Yes there's a good chance that they won't survive, but there chances are still better than the alternative; which is guaranteed death. Killing something is killing something, I don't care if it's done "humanely" or not.

In reality humans can survive without eating animals, but we choose not to. No it's not hypocritical. We are part of the food chain, animals are not here for OUR needs, they're here to share the planet, we just happen to consume them.

Not saying what he did was right, but from the people's responses here, you'd think he committed an atrocity worse than Hitler and Stalin combined.

I get it. You're selective in your love for animals. You don't care if a deer gets shot in the woods and dies from its wound slowly, but a dog...no ------- way!

Just to let you know, pigs are said to be more intelligent than dogs. But what were those two strips of meat you had with your eggs this morning made of?

I really want a dog, but I rent and my landlord will kick me out if I get one - and the BC government is cool with him dictating, without good justification, the way I lead my life.

I'd like to see BC adopt the kind of legislation Ontario has pertaining to tenancy and pets (where "no pets" clauses are legally invalid and landlords cannot make demands unless the pet can be proven to be dangerous or cause health problems), but this government hates and ignores anyone under the median income level.

I was talking to a friend of mine who spent some time up north. He told me that sled dogs are usually almost feral and don't make good housepets - they'd rip your place to shreds. So putting them up for adoption likely wasn't a possibility. Thing is, he must have got them from a supplier. They didn't have the means to assist here?

Come on. Dogs are working or companion animals. Most people don't eat them.

This was a wasteful slaughter of healthy and useful animals to save the owner of a company a bunch of money when his post-Olympic tourism plans fell through. That's the point.

I think the reason why this is seen as so abhorent is due to the needlessness of it. I think most people feel that if you own dogs to make money, that you have an elevated responsibility for them and you cannot treat them as you would other (non-living) business property. These weren't wild animals and they weren't animals bred for food.

Essentially, they were disposed of like any other tool used in a business when they're no longer needed. But these weren't inanimate tools, they were also living things that deserved some decency in the way they were treated.

It could have been one dog and the reaction would have been the same (albeit less loud).

I get it. You're selective in your love for animals. You don't care if a deer gets shot in the woods and dies from its wound slowly, but a dog...no f'ing way!

Archived