The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Over Fifty Healthy Dogs Slaughtered in Whistler-edited for update

nucklehead

What kept the participants from disobeying? Last time I checked, the experimenters didn't take the subjects' family as hostage or whatever, so even if they had said "no" to shocking the confederates, I don't see what kind of problem they'd face. Point being, I don't get why they had to obey like good little b**ches.

I don't think he committed an atrocity worse than Hitler AND Stalin.....but way to inject some hyperbolic exaggerations into your post.

What makes you think people were being selective in their disgust??? Again, way to overreach on your conclusions.

And since introducing pigs is irrelevant to the article and the expressed disgust at the method of euthanasia peformed on these particular working canines....your two cents in comparing two unrelated sets of animals isn't even worth that much, is it?

By the way...just so i'm clear....the next time anyone shows outrage and disgust for something....we can automatically accuse them of believing that the event to which they are focusing their disgust and outrage is worse than the atrocities done under Hitler and Stalin, right?

Soemtimes, I wish you'd stop and think before you type.

That experiment does not apply to this at all. Those people were being told that the person was alright, so they didn't think they were actually killing them.

If you take a gun and shoot a dog in the head, you now exactly what you're doing. There's no way you can trick a person into thinking that what they're doing is not killing.

I don't think he committed an atrocity worse than Hitler AND Stalin.....but way to inject some hyperbolic exaggerations into your post.

What makes you think people were being selective in their disgust??? Again, way to overreach on your conclusions.

And since introducing pigs is irrelevant to the article and the expressed disgust at the method of euthanasia peformed on these particular working canines....your two cents in comparing two unrelated sets of animals isn't even worth that much, is it?

By the way...just so i'm clear....the next time anyone shows outrage and disgust for something....we can automatically accuse them of believing that the event to which they are focusing their disgust and outrage is worse than the atrocities done under Hitler and Stalin, right?

Soemtimes, I wish you'd stop and think before you type.

I'm glad you are aware of the existence of the concept of hyperbole.

Now, maybe you can take it into account instead of taking everything so literally, and accept its application as a valid stylistic device used for expression.

By the way, what makes me think people are selective in their disgust against animal abuse? People hunt deer in the woods everyday. It doesn't make the news, nor does it evoke this strong a reaction. They make the hardest PETA activists look rational in comparison.

That experiment does not apply to this at all. Those people were being told that the person was alright, so they didn't think they were actually killing them.

If you take a gun and shoot a dog in the head, you now exactly what you're doing. There's no way you can trick a person into thinking that what they're doing is not killing.

Of course, all of the coats produced from the furs of the needlessly slaughtered animals that aren't eaten are completely required.

Slaughtering animals is an atrocity. You justify the slaughering of cows for their meat and leather because "we are part of the food chain." Well, it sounds to me like the lesser of two evils, but evil is evil, no matter what way you slice it.

Actually, the experiment does kind of apply.

Stanley Milgram was prompted to do this experiment after the Nuremberg trials. A Nazi claimed that he did absolutely nothing wrong because he was simply following Hitler's orders and performing his assigned duty. Subsquent to this assertion, Milgram created his Obedience to Authority experiment. He found that situational forces and the absence of personal responsibility have an impact on human behaviour. So in essence, Milgrams experiment can apply to the man that slaughtered the dogs - he followed orders and he didn't have to take any responsibility, his boss did.

Anyways, I find this disgusting.

To me, whether it's 100 dogs or 100 deer, killing is killing and it's sickening :(

This piece of crap that killed these dogs should receive the same treatment as far as I'm concerned. If it wasn't for the law, I would love to be the one to shoot this guys face off and watch him stumble around.Too all you leftist dorks that think I'm being a savage, sit on it. Humans as a whole are garbage and way too accommodating to filth like this guy

By the way, what makes me think people are selective in their disgust against animal abuse? People hunt deer in the woods everyday. It doesn't make the news, nor does it evoke this strong a reaction. They make the hardest PETA activists look rational in comparison.

It's a pretty simple distinction, Bugger.

Cows, pigs, etc., are all animals raised as food. Deer and Moose are hunted for food. Dogs, Cats, turtles, etc., are all animals raised as pets. Companions to human beings.

It should be no surprise that people are outraged over a decision made for strictly monetary reasons to cull animals that most of us have grown up to think of as "man's best friend".

Whether you personally believe that the outrage sparked by this story is the height of hypocrisy, the fact is you'd be in the minority.

If people had this kind of reaction in 3rd world nations then the world would be a much better place to live.

I love dogs as much as the next person but there's thousands of children dying everyday which is the more pertinent concern.

But sadly nobody gives that issue as much concern as the death of dogs. This is coming from an avid dog lover

If people had this kind of reaction in 3rd world nations then the world would be a much better place to live.

I love dogs as much as the next person but there's thousands of children dying everyday which is the more pertinent concern.

But sadly nobody gives that issue as much concern as the death of dogs. This is coming from an avid dog lover

The owner of this company bought loads of dogs pre-Olympics in anticipation of earning big tourism income from them. That didn't pan out and the season ended, so rather than buy more kibble he got some boxes of shells and told an employee to take them out behind the kennel. You think that's a sound and ethical business practice?

finding homes for a 100 would not be hard. they are highly trained, in perfect health and most likely vaccinated as well. in rural b.c., they would be a great fit on many farms. my dad and his neighbors would have gladly taken a few of them because they require little further training and can sleep outside even in cold weather. sled dogs are amongst the smartest of canines as well.

up north they plan better for this instead of getting a whole bunch of dogs for the olympics and then disposing of them after when their business is no longer profitable. i hope they go out of business and the owner is destitute the rest of his life.

Archived