The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Over Fifty Healthy Dogs Slaughtered in Whistler-edited for update

nucklehead

True, dogs aren't people. There are a lot more people deserving of being put to sleep, than animals that deserve it. Rarely does a dog betray you or stab you in the back, something all too common for people. A lot of dogs get put down simply because of HUMAN ignorance and selfishness, "oh lets get a dog" then a year later "lets get rid of it". People can't handle the responsibility of an animal then give it up to die.

It is 100% the fault of people that the dogs end up without a home and end up killed. So many animals killed or suffer because of people who shouldn't be allowed to have a pet rock let alone an animal.

Oh look. The Seattle area media has caught onto the story:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2014094268_dogslaughter01.html

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/restlessnativeblog/2014094348_chilling_tale_emerges_of_whistler_sled-dog_slaughter.html

As Ron Judd aptly puts it in his column:

After reading several accounts -- and then a copy of the report filed by the review board evaluating the alleged dog-killer's worker's comp claim for counseling -- it's clear this is going to be a major story with serious implications in Whistler, a resort town that lives and dies on tourism -- much of it from Washington state.

Tourism, of course, relies on goodwill and word of mouth, and this story is likely to prove that yes, there really is such a thing as bad publicity.

No offense intended to anyone, but I get pretty tired of hearing the trite "Why is everyone so worked up about this? There's worse things going on in the world".

As if being upset about the killing of dogs means that by extension, you care less or not at all about the plight of starving children or baby seals or whatever.

It's entirely possible to feel outrage over this act, while simultaneously feeling terrible about the situation in Haiti, or the killing of elephants for their ivory.

So please, get off your respective soapboxes and stay on topic.

1. SCPA are the biggest hypocrites going it seems.

Humane treatment = Paying the SPCA before they are destroyed. Right...

2. The same people shocked about this non-crime are also those who would turn a blind eye to all the retarded bums on the street who are a mere annoyance to the rest of us before the perish in the freezing cold. Hey, i just thought of something. You got helpless, retarded, drug-addicted and immobile bums on the streets. And you also have tons of large, starving dogs. The solution seems to present itself. Until the town is overrun by all the bloodthirsty dogs, that is. Hmmm... Maybe it's best not to share.

3. I can understand the viewpoint of the business owner. There was simply too much overhead and he had to do some layoffs. Yes, the killing was wrong, but sending 100 employees to the SPCA was probably out of the budget. Oh well.

However, I would've arranged to have the dogs released somewhere in the wild. Give them a sporting chance. But it's 100 dogs... Tough.

4. The biggest problem i have with all this is that the dogkiller wants WCB. No way. In my view, agreeing to do it = Waiving your right to complain about it. Hello? The job description is 'Killing 100 Dogs!'

1. SCPA are the biggest hypocrites going it seems.

Humane treatment = Paying the SPCA before they are destroyed. Right...

2. The same people shocked about this non-crime are also those who would turn a blind eye to all the retarded bums on the street who are a mere annoyance to the rest of us before the perish in the freezing cold. Hey, i just thought of something. You got helpless, retarded, drug-addicted and immobile bums on the streets. And you also have tons of large, starving dogs. The solution seems to present itself. Until the town is overrun by all the bloodthirsty dogs, that is. Hmmm... Maybe it's best not to share.

3. I can understand the viewpoint of the business owner. There was simply too much overhead and he had to do some layoffs. Yes, the killing was wrong, but sending 100 employees to the SPCA was probably out of the budget. Oh well.

However, I would've arranged to have the dogs released somewhere in the wild. Give them a sporting chance. But it's 100 dogs... Tough.

4. The biggest problem i have with all this is that the dogkiller wants WCB. No way. In my view, agreeing to do it = Waiving your right to complain about it. Hello? The job description is 'Killing 100 Dogs!'

Archived