The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Battlefield 3

Moonwalker

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

And to kinda combat the campers... As you spawn, don't move. Meaning don't touch your keyboard, your mouse, nothing. Just stand perfectly still, and you'll be invulnerable. I think... Haven't tested it myself, as I haven't had to face spawn campers :P

Then you become a camper :lol:

I downloaded this game for free with the PS+ update awhile back. Anybody else still play this? What's your favorite class and how long did it take for you to like that class (upgrade to the good stuff)?

I use medic because nobody else seems to use it, but I prefer engineer for the guns.

Also, any tips on using certain classes/building certain classes?

If you are new I would try playing coop to unlock some guns or just stick to TDM until you have the vital unlocks you need for more team-based objective modes such as rush and conquest. BTW the physical warfare pack is free which gives you the type 88 LMG and early access to the DAO shotgun.In a class usually all guns of the same type have the same damage model, the only difference would be rate of fire and recoil (there are some exceptions such as comparing a G3A3 to an AK74M). Most bolt action sniper rifles have the same damage dropoff, most AR's have the same damage dropoff, etc. You can check symthic.com for more specifics on weapon stats.

Can't build a class but personal defense weapons can be used for all 4. Medic is a great class and I would recommend the M416 because frankly that is the best gun in that class overall. The AEK-971 is a beast in close range though and if you can master the recoil you can even find success in long range combat. You can swap out med packs for m320s etc but the defibs can't be changed.

Engineer class guns tend to have lower reload speeds and better hipfire at the expense of damage over range compared to the assault rifles. M4 and G36C tends to be the favorites here. For equipment use mines or repair torch (AVOID THE EOD BOT, IT IS CRAP). RPG's are overall the best choice but you can swap them out for stingers or javelins.

Support has LMG's and there are 3 types. There are the LMG's that are AR-like but have larger mags and worse reloads, there are "light" LMG's that do 25 damage up close and less over range such as the M249 and Type 88, and finally there are the "heavy" LMG's that do 34 damage up close such as the M240B and M60E4. Support gives out ammo and you have the options of C4 (Use this), claymores, and the mortar (the potato launcher is pretty much useless so avoid).

Recon have 2 types of sniper rifles. Semi autos do 50 damage up close and 37 over range such as the MK11 meanwhile bolt actions USUALLY do 80 damage up close and 59 at range. The two guns being the exception are the SV98 (does 50 damage at range) and the M98B (95 up close, 59 over even longer range). Recons have radio beacons by default which you and your squadmates can spawn on. The three equipment options for recon are TUGS (motion sensor that will show enemies on mini map), soflam (a laser designater that allows laser guided weapons to have extended range and greater damage when it locks on an enemy vehicle), and a MAV (a drone with a camera that allows you to spot enemies).

Generally for land vehicles stick with smoke countermeasure or expected a guided missile/javelin up your butt.

Keep ECM for air vehicles to avoid stingers, they are slightly OP and can really make being in an attack chopper a pain.

If you want an even better briefing than what I gave you just watch this (just note class equipment has been changed as noted above in my post):

Solid write up. Although I much prefer proximity scan in tanks instead of smoke.. I get c4'd with smoke way more then I get javelin'd with prox. Not to mention all the extra kills you get from medics trying to hide from your tank as you roll by. I also prefer stingers over rpg's to get rid of OP jets/heli's. People who know what they're doing in those things can literally take over entire games. It's frustrating.

M5K is a solid overall gun when you get the extended mag. Using it with semi auto is beast. By far it's my favorite weapon.

Archived