The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Vancouver Whitecaps Thread

Tenacious

I'm here to eat a little crow today....

This season, I've been critical of White in the striker's position and over the past several seasons I've been critical of Teibert. (I love his compete level. I've just always thought that he lacked the skill to go along with it)

But....last night's goal was a thing of beauty from both of them....

Also: Props to Max for saving the penalty, but it was a really poor effort from Jara.....and Metcalfe....WTF? :picard:

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

A busy Wednesday in MLS that worked out not badly for the Whitecaps.

On the bad side:

RSL scored a goal in stoppage time to win their game & the Whitecaps only managed a tie in their game.

On the good side:

Minnesota lost, Dallas lost, LAFC lost & San Jose lost.

The upshot is that Vancouver is alone in eighth place, three points behind Minnesota in seventh and the final playoff position.

A critical game on Saturday against San Jose coming up.  If it's not a must-win game it's a sure-would-help-to-win game.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

The Canadian Men's National Team (#51)  continues its attempt to qualify for the World Cup this week with a set of three games.

First up, away at Mexico (#9) on Thursday.

Then, away at Jamaica (#59) on Sunday.

Then, home to Panama (#68)  next Wednesday.

Three games in a week poses a problem for coach John Herdman.  Does he go all out against Mexico (Canada has never won in Mexico) or does he rest some of his better players in the hope of increasing the chances of winning the other two games?

:gocan:

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, johngould21 said:

What was going on with all the scrums after the game ended? Was it from the throw in near the end of the game? It seemed the Canadian team was more than *&**ed at a Panamanian player.

Probably follow up convos from the big sideline clearing scrum that happened in the first half? Thought it could have gotten really ugly. 

That said they were grumpy most of the game so it could have been anything. 

4 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

Probably follow up convos from the big sideline clearing scrum that happened in the first half? Thought it could have gotten really ugly. 

That said they were grumpy most of the game so it could have been anything. 

The end of the match brouhaha kicked off because a Panamanian player spat at Laryea. 

• Vintage 1

Can't believe I missed that....(tuned in at the 95 minute mark) :mad::picard:

Huge win. Especially on the road against the Timbers....too bad LAFC and San Jose also won, but you can only control what your team does....

RSL has a game in hand on the 'Caps, so I'll be hoping to hear about a Chicago upset, before we take the pitch against the 'Quakes....

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1