The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Alexandre Grenier | RW

b3.

On 3/6/2016 at 5:24 PM, Gstank29 said:

We haven't seen Etem on RW beside with the Sedins, but I would think RW is better for the style of game he plays. When you drive the net you want to be on your off wing because you have more net to shoot at.

Yeah I always picture him in my mind on the RIght side for some reason, maye in nhl 16 he is a RWer or something idk, 

so that means our top 3 left wing postions are pretty well locked up for now with Sedin Baertschi and Etem....weird I'm pretty sure Etem can play on the right side.... how well idk though... 

4 hours ago, arcanuck said:

Number 12 on the season for Grenier; sweet drag until he had a good shot.

I am a big fan of Grenier. Good combination of size, speed, and grit. Would really like to see him get more of an opportunity on the Canucks. Gordie Howe Hat Trick today. 

Griener is playing some of his best hockey, its time to give him his shot in the NHL sink or swim, send Gaunce back and call up Griener. 

our management is too funny, look at how the hawks management does things. Gave dennis rasmussen a chance after he hit the 20 point plateau ppl the freaking 20 point plateau in the AHL. Our management is run by jokers, right now Griener is red hot and now is the time to see if he can ever be a NHL player. Bring him in with confidence and see what he can do, seriously this maangement lol are jokers. Gaunce should be sent back, the guy needs more work, Griener has paid his freaking dues and should get his shot.

dennis rasmussen - 8 points 4 goals 4 assists learn from the elite teams Mr BENNING. 

1 minute ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

Griener is playing some of his best hockey, its time to give him his shot in the NHL sink or swim, send Gaunce back and call up Griener

our management is too funny, look at how the hawks management does things. Gave dennis rasmussen a chance after he hit the 20 point plateau ppl the freaking 20 point plateau in the AHL. Our management is run by jokers, right now Griener is red hot and now is the time to see if he can ever be a NHL player. Bring him in with confidence and see what he can do, seriously this maangement lol are jokers. Gaunce should be sent back, the guy needs more work, Griener has paid his freaking dues and should get his shot.

dennis rasmussen - 8 points 4 goals 4 assists learn from the elite teams Mr BENNING. 

Sobered up, did you?  Your trolling is not near the same, but your spelling is.

4 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Sobered up, did you?  Your trolling is not near the same, but your spelling is.

check out these numbers

Griener - 3 Seasons now in the AHL - 39 points,43 points, 31 currently rite now.

okay big deal right check out how the teams who are elite give oppertunity compared to the Canucks' joker management. 

dennis rasmussen - first season 27 points in the ahl, second season 14 points in the ahl Hawks figured it out the kid might have potiental. Sink or swim theory in effect

dennis rasmussen 8 points in the NHL

problem with this management is there treatment of guys in the farm. What the heck does a prospect need to do to get a chance on this team? Why are guys like Dorsett on this team, over-rated. Gaunce had his chance, has he been impressive even the least bit? Griener has paid his dues he should have been the guy called up, again management are ran by jokers. 

33 minutes ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

Griener is playing some of his best hockey, its time to give him his shot in the NHL sink or swim, send Gaunce back and call up Griener. 

I thought prospects are plugs unless they're 1.5 ppg in the AHL, what happened to that?

2 hours ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

Hello Tanbir! You enjoy being like Botchford don't you? Although I agree Grenier should get a long look I still think I wanna see Gaunce stay up here. He's a very intelligent player  who will do more good than harm for this team. So many underlying things happening for the Canucks right now you should applaud Benning. Just wait for Boeser, Mr. Benning will be a god for picking such a devastating sniper. On a side note I know how you love your favorites so for me watching the now humbled Mcgregor tap tap tap to Diaz was just too sweet. It also won me a bunch of money :). Have a good evening Desi ;) 

On 3/7/2016 at 0:24 AM, Derp... said:

Grens may get the call with Hank out. Definitley streaking over the past few games. He and Gaunce have chemistry and should probably play together on a wth line with Dorsett or Burrows.

Is Gaunce playing Center or Left Wing rn ? 

11 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Gaunce should be sent back because he's had his chance?  Two games and we already know what he's going to be?  Ooooookkkkkkaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy.

Honestly people, ignore him and he'll go away. And my 'ignore' function for him only works so well if people keep quoting and replying to him every post he makes.

But Gaunce is staying while Hansen's injured as he was an emergency call up and isn't counting against our 4 post-TDL call up limit. We might be able to do the same with Grenier, or we could bring up someone else, but we aren't sending Gaunce back to bring someone else up at this point.

Gaunce or Vey could move to center in Henrik's absence for now, or we could bring up a center like Friesen. It'll depend on what happens with that for if they give someone like Grenier a chance at this point.

On 7 March 2016 at 3:05 AM, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

check out these numbers

Griener - 3 Seasons now in the AHL - 39 points,43 points, 31 currently rite now.

okay big deal right check out how the teams who are elite give oppertunity compared to the Canucks' joker management. 

dennis rasmussen - first season 27 points in the ahl, second season 14 points in the ahl Hawks figured it out the kid might have potiental. Sink or swim theory in effect

dennis rasmussen 8 points in the NHL

problem with this management is there treatment of guys in the farm. What the heck does a prospect need to do to get a chance on this team? Why are guys like Dorsett on this team, over-rated. Gaunce had his chance, has he been impressive even the least bit? Griener has paid his dues he should have been the guy called up, again management are ran by jokers. 

Are you serious?

Look around and tell me how many other teams have so many rookies. And when I say rookies I include players like Bo, Hutton, Etem, Granlund, Gaunce, McCann, Baertschi, Virtanen, Vey Markstrom.

The reason I include players like Granlund, Etem Baertschi is simple. They are the players who Benning has brought in to replace the "dark draft years" under Gillis.

If Benning hadn't brought in these players (you can add Larsen in there too) he would have been forced into a situation where he was bringing up Utica players who are either still to prove they are ready, risking ruining them or keeping more vets in the team.

With respect desi, you are the person who told us all letting Sanguinetti go was a huge blunder but his failure to make Buffalo illustrates exactly where your assessment falls down. 

Players can look good in the A but that doesn't always translate to the NHL. Also, when a player is being considered for promotion whether he is a prospect or a more experienced player a lot of weight will be placed on the affiliate's team coach's opinion. 

Grenier, Pedan and maybe Zalewski are basically the only players who can now come up and JB has said Grenier and Zalewski will get another chance before the season is finished. However you need to bear in mind both these players are 4th line players and our 4th line is fine at present.

Pedan is a left sided player  - incase you haven't noticed, all our quality is on the left side. Do you want to bring him up and play him on his wrong side and possibly ruin his confidence?

As for Gaunce, Virtanen, McCann, Baertschi, Granlund, McCann and Etem would not be in the team if they had been judged their first 4/5 games, so why pick on Gaunce? I know why actually. People like you are only impressed with "flash" you don't seem to understand there is a lot more to being an NHL player and Gaunce has most of it imo.

4 hours ago, alfstonker said:

Are you serious?

Look around and tell me how many other teams have so many rookies. And when I say rookies I include players like Bo, Hutton, Etem, Granlund, Gaunce, McCann, Baertschi, Virtanen, Vey Markstrom.

The reason I include players like Granlund, Etem Baertschi is simple. They are the players who Benning has brought in to replace the "dark draft years" under Gillis.

If Benning hadn't brought in these players (you can add Larsen in there too) he would have been forced into a situation where he was bringing up Utica players who are either still to prove they are ready, risking ruining them or keeping more vets in the team.

With respect desi, you are the person who told us all letting Sanguinetti go was a huge blunder but his failure to make Buffalo illustrates exactly where your assessment falls down. 

Players can look good in the A but that doesn't always translate to the NHL. Also, when a player is being considered for promotion whether he is a prospect or a more experienced player a lot of weight will be placed on the affiliate's team coach's opinion. 

Grenier, Pedan and maybe Zalewski are basically the only players who can now come up and JB has said Grenier and Zalewski will get another chance before the season is finished. However you need to bear in mind both these players are 4th line players and our 4th line is fine at present.

Pedan is a left sided player  - incase you haven't noticed, all our quality is on the left side. Do you want to bring him up and play him on his wrong side and possibly ruin his confidence?

As for Gaunce, Virtanen, McCann, Baertschi, Granlund, McCann and Etem would not be in the team if they had been judged their first 4/5 games, so why pick on Gaunce? I know why actually. People like you are only impressed with "flash" you don't seem to understand there is a lot more to being an NHL player and Gaunce has most of it imo.

this is the type of player that this team needs, he is a monster, and skates like a monster, YEAH HE WILL BE A great 4th liner or 3rd liner. A guy who can actaully chip in, get you a decent 15-20 points, with his intimating size and skill.

Griener > VEY, burrows, Dorsett, etem

Archived