The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ludwig Blomstrand | LW

b3.

Holy hell! I just checked his stats on the Djurgarden webpage, and he's grown since the draft! 6'2" 218lbs!

Wow he's huge...

Definitely is physically ready to play against men - I hope his hockey IQ is high and can read plays well defensively and have some offensive instincts or to crash the net with his size.

And he's only 19 - meaning that he is eligible to play for Sweden in the WJC. Hopefully we get to see him show his size, grit and tenacity there.

Wow he sure beefed up.. I wonder how jacked he is. I can't see him putting on that much straight muscle in one year. I hope that didn't effect his mobility.

To make this team he'll have to possess above average shutdown capabilities. Does anyone know how he is in that department? I hear about his playing style but haven't heard much about how effective he is in a shutdown role.

Wow he sure beefed up.. I wonder how jacked he is. I can't see him putting on that much straight muscle in one year. I hope that didn't effect his mobility.

To make this team he'll have to possess above average shutdown capabilities. Does anyone know how he is in that department? I hear about his playing style but haven't heard much about how effective he is in a shutdown role.

psst. I did some snooping around and found his facebook profile. He's pretty beefy.

He is tied for points with Teuvo Teravainen and has 1 less game played with 2 more goals.

Sweet! Great to hear! :)

I would be so glad if he panned out as someone like a Dwight King-type, who is physical and plays an energizing style with the ability to crash and score albeit garbage goals.

Use eliteprospects, much better.

http://www.elitepros...hp?player=21651

Djurgården J20 stats_arrow.gif SuperElit

GP

G

A

P

PIM

+/-

And to put his success in the Euro trophy to comparison, he is tied for points with Teuvo Teravainen and has 1 less game played with 2 more goals.

Thanks man. I thought this kid was write off with all the names thrown out there, I don't think any of HF or Canucks Army top 20 had this guy ranked. I'd like to see him pan out and as someone else said 2011 is looking like a deep year.

• 4 months later...

Playing on the top line with Fredrik Vestberg and Patrik Nevalainen, Blomstrand assisted on a goal by Vestberg 10 seconds into Almtuna's tilt against the IF Malmo Redhawks today. Unfortunately Almtuna IS went on to lose the game 4-1. He also finished the game with a +1 rating and 2 shots on net.

Guest Dasein

And to put his success in the Euro trophy to comparison, he is tied for points with Teuvo Teravainen and has 1 less game played with 2 more goals.

Ludwig = 2010 draft pick

Teuvo = 2012 draft pick

Putting the comparison into perspective.

Guest Dasein

Ludwig is a 2011 draft pick.

I stand corrected. Thanks.

Still, even 1 year makes a great deal of a difference at their ages.

I stand corrected. Thanks.

Still, even 1 year makes a great deal of a difference at their ages.

I know, but Teuvo is considered to be a lock for being a good top 6 forward, while Blomstrand's high end potential is being a bigger, slower but grittier Hansen, so the difference in their playing styles will account for my comparing their production. Nonetheless, I think that being traded to Almtuna is probably the best thing that could have happened to him. He was a 13th forward on Djurgarden most games or a 4th liner and now he's a 1st liner on Almtuna and is producing in a similar way to how Mallet did when given a chance on a scoring line.

Blomstrand had himself a pretty good game for Almtuna today. Skating on the top line again, he scored a goal and scored the shootout winner in a 3-2 shootout win over IF Troja/Ljungby. He also ended the game with a +2 rating and 4 shots on net. Also, the Allsvenskan boxscore indicates Blomstrand had a 2 goal effort so I guess shootout goals are counted towards your overall goal total in Sweden.

Blomstrand had himself a pretty good game for Almtuna today. Skating on the top line again, he scored a goal and scored the shootout winner in a 3-2 shootout win over IF Troja/Ljungby. He also ended the game with a +2 rating and 4 shots on net. Also, the Allsvenskan boxscore indicates Blomstrand had a 2 goal effort so I guess shootout goals are counted towards your overall goal total in Sweden.

yeah, Allsvenskan is basically the same league as the SEL (The two lowest ranked teams after the SEL regular season have to play in a regulation series called Kvalserien together with the top four teams from the second tier league Allsvenskan. The top two teams of Kvalserien qualify for the next Elitserien season, while the other four are demoted to Allsvenskan.) so they record everything the exact same way.

Archived