The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Henrik Tommernes | D

b3.

GP 44 G 5 A 9 PTS 14 PIMS 36

Playoffs GP 6 G 1 A 4 PTS 5 PIMS 4

2012 stats of his recent play looks pretty good hope Gillis can sign him to a contract and get him over here

European prospects usually play all over the place in several different leagues. Does anyone know where he played the majority of his hockey this year?

EDIT: NVM, found it myself. Looks like he played the entire season in the SEL: 44 games for Frolunda. That's a great sign because like I said, usually younger prospects in Europe are bounced around between and loaned to different leagues.

http://www.elitepros...hp?player=10018

Safe pick, and not terrible for being the 210th pick. Smart hockey player, not a huge guy, but is a 20 pt d-man in the SEL, can't wait to see what he has for the Canucks in the years to come.

• 2 weeks later...

Will spend 2012-2013 with Frölunda. Was excellent towards the end of last season and in the playoffs.

Oh. I thought word was he was coming over this way. Ah well, can't complain about a prospect getting another year of seasoning in one of Europe's top leagues.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I didn't clarify that I personally believe his high end upside to be a slightly better version of Alex Sulzer. If he comes over to North America soon, he could quickly reach that potential.

Fair enough, but I don't see an "alex sulzer" making our team anytime soon. We have a ton of defenders signed already and guys like Connauton, Tanev and Sauve are ahead of him to be called up

• 2 weeks later...

Nice. I always say you can tell alot about a player by how much they celebrate a goal.

He seems to really like to score. Which is good.

It's funny you say that. Because I am 99% sure that is not Tommernes. Firstly, the number is incorrect as he is #7 and this shows a one plus another number. And it doesn't look like his face at all and this player is shorter than Tommernes based on this photo. I think this is an old photo that was linked in a news article that mentioned 3 other players.

It's funny you say that. Because I am 99% sure that is not Tommernes. Firstly, the number is incorrect as he is #7 and this shows a one plus another number. And it doesn't look like his face at all and this player is shorter than Tommernes based on this photo. I think this is an old photo that was linked in a news article that mentioned 3 other players.

If my skills are still what they used to be, it's Nicklas Lasu.

I thought he looked different, I just assumed that was him though.

That looks more like Phil Kessel...

Archived