The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sergei Shirokov signs with KHL's CSKA Moscow team

WizardousSedinerie

Sad to not see him develop like he was starting to with Kesler. Good for him to bolt and try to recoup some of that cash he lost over here. Amazing how some guys get all the chances, and others can't get a break. He could have made it, but was given only a sniff. I guess we'll see him in 2014. shoulda, woulda, coulda...

WOW

another squandered asset by the Canucks. Shirokov should have stuck with the big club a couple of times this season, especially when MayRay had an epic 2 month drought.... Isn't that why we have prospects?

I don't know enough about who's running the show to put the blame on AV or MG... but at some level, someone is making stupid decisions with this team. (Why the frack didn't Schneider play game 6 in Boston, why wasn't Ballard used at all during the season, so when we needed him he wasnt a part of the team)

i can't believe people saying its his fault for not cracking the lineup he played great in the 1.5 games he was here its a shame when the coaching staff shows zero confidence in him

this won't hurt the canucks but him signing here could of helped if given a full season and and at least a chance to make the lineup

This has nothing to do with Shiro being "Russian" and going back... he worked hard to improve himself here and make the NHL but he was simply never given a good chance. Gets re-called this year, scores an amazing first NHL goal, and then gets benched and sent back down? I never understood that. I guess this means Hodgson has a spot to lose come training camp... he better take it, because I was really looking forward to seeing Shirokov play next year. :(

He was 10 times more NHL ready than everyones fav rookie crush hodgson.

What a friggin joke. If I was a rookie on the Canucks right now i would give up. Apparently not even leading your ahl team in scoring and scoring in your first NHL game means u get a shot on the Canucks.

Bs

<br />Good the Guy Stunk Good call for you KNOT to re sign that Bum... He was Brutall in manitoba............ Money Talked and He walked...See yea Sucker.....<br />

<br />WOW<br /><br />another squandered asset by the Canucks.   Shirokov should have stuck with the big club a couple of times this season, especially when MayRay had an epic 2 month drought.... Isn't that why we have prospects?<br /><br />I don't know enough about who's running the show to put the blame on AV or MG... but at some level, someone is making stupid decisions with this team. (Why the frack didn't Schneider play game 6 in Boston, why wasn't Ballard used at all during the season, so when we needed him he wasnt a part of the team)<br />

Yeah, right...AV didn't like him so he didn't play him. Uh Huh Give your heads a shake. It's all about who gives the team the best chance to win on a regular basis. He didn't. Get over it. Some guys are prospects, some are suspects. He was always a suspect.

Archived