The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2011-12 Season

canuck2xtreme

jetfighter was given his three chances, he's now suspended.

Keep in mind you don't see all of what the mods do. We ban a lot of blatant trolls, but prefer to give people the benefit of the doubt and a few chances to learn and prove themselves. We gave jetfighter his chances, he failed, he's gone. Sharpshooter got more chances than most because of what he brought to the table in terms of constructive content, but couldn't keep his vitriol under control. "Getting colorful" is a very mild choice of words. He consistently attacked people left and right. So should we give established users free reign like that? If you do, you get a pretty cancerous community where the established players are clearly above all rules and free to bully anyone they want. I'm willing to give constructive posters an extra kick at it, but if it's clear their behavior won't change, they'll be banned like anyone else.

If you were given 5+ warnings and multiple suspensions over personal attacks, would you be surprised to be suspended if you kept attacking users?

First of all, I'd like to say that I am going to miss SS. He was fair and professional in his dealings with me, and was a huge contributor to this league. His late night drunken posts could be a little much at times, but he was a good man and a character.

Secondly, I'd like to thank Stealthnuck, and Bieksa3 for letting us know the reason (and history of why) he was banned from the CDC, and am personally glad that there are moderators who patrol the board so that people cannot be attacked on a personal level.

Lastly, I would like to say that this league will be a little less colourful without SS, but it is still the most realistic, and best fantasy hockey league that I have ever been involved in, and hope that whoever takes over the Penguins will appreciate all that SS did to mold them into a playoff threat for years to come.

I WATCHED THE ENTIRE GAME, EXCEPT FOR THIS GOAL. I WAS SITTING ON THE COUCH WHEN THE PHONE RANG, MY MOM TOLD ME TO ANSWER IT IN CASE IT WAS AN EMERGENCY. AS SOON AS I LEAVE THE ROOM THE CANUCKS SCORE. I WAS PISSED FOR THE REST OF THE WEEK <_<

P.S SOSRRY ABOUT CAPS, BUT IM STILL PRETTY UPSET ABOUT THAT MOMENT IN MY LIFE.

I am pretty sure that paramedics all over BC were busy with heart attack calls after the Toews goal and Burr penalty.

I still get knots in my gut thinking about it. It all could have been sooo horrible. In comparison losing to Boston is palatable.

You know how I got over losing other than talking people down from the ledge?

Because I realized that in the eyes of the rest of the world the win would have been tainted and they would have treated it as illegitimate due to the 'diving.'

Whereas, when we win it this year it will be the comeback kids who didn't give up despite all of the naysayers and questions.

It will be GLORIOUS!!!!

To me, it wasn't that we lost. I mean, that sucked too, obviously. But it was how we lost. The officiating was questionable at best, and downright blatant at times. And the media flogging that both the Canucks and their fan base (that means us) took over the course of the Stanley Cup playoffs was downright sickening.

The Canucks were forced to change their games to try to react to the pitiful excuse for officiating, and it played right into the Bruins hands. The media, who hadn't exactly been balanced, ramped up the anti-Canucks rhetoric for the final, even before the Burrows bite. They all point fingers at Burrows (pardon the pun), but why does nobody ask why Bergeron's hand is there in the first place, well after a whistle, with refs trying to break things up? Then they have the audacity to whine about Lapierre with a goofy looking taunt. Their coach goes out saying how it's a disgrace to the game. Then the next game, their teams supposed leaders spend all game doing far worse than Lapierre did, and nobody minds because coach Julien says afterwards that 'he'll have a talk with them'.

Aaron Rome is about a half step late on a fantastic hit (keep your head up Horton, that's Hockey 101) and they crucify him for it. 4 games for that? Meanwhile Boychuk drives Raymond awkwardly into the boards with the puck nowhere near him, breaks his back, and no call... give me a break. How about Henrik Sedin absorbing 8 or 9 blatant cross checks in a row behind the net early in the series (where I think his back was significantly injured), and then later on in the series being called for diving when a 6'8 monster is drilling him behind the net? Boston mauls our players, and it's the big bad Bruins coming back and dominating the play. We throw a solid check along the boards, and get 2 minutes for boarding. How do you play a playoff game when you know that's how the calls have been going, and they're not falling in your favour, or even down the middle?

Don't get me wrong, the Canucks did a lot of things wrong that series. But they did a lot more right than people give them credit for. People blaming Luongo need to wake up. He pitched 2 shutouts in the Cup final, and Thomas, let's face it, wasn't really challenged all that much and when he was, we won. Given all that, the fact that the Sedins were hurt, Raymond, Samuelsson, Hamhuis were on the shelf, Rome suspended, Kesler playing at what, 40% when he likely shouldn't have even been in the lineup... I figure the fact that Boston needed 7 games and a game 6 comeback to eliminate us is a victory in itself.

I don't want to sound like I'm whining. I'm over the loss. We'll get back there, we're still one of the top teams in the league, and there's no reason we can't get right back to the Finals. What I don't care for is how the Canucks and our fan base have been vilified and branded as disgraces to the game. It's unjust, unreasonable, undeserved and just flat out wrong. And I hate that the loss seems to have justified that reputation in the eyes of Canucks detractors.

frack this noise.

Honestly, I call bull. Frak this fraking noise.

C2X, I love you're game, I honestly haven't played any game game of hockey that has come close what I've seen here, dispite the fact that I got to head up the #1 overall worst team ever.... this has been a ball. frack you, frack you, frack you AND frack you.

Sorry dudes, but I'm an English Grad... and words are all we have, so with those words, as eloquitley as I can say....

frack YOU.

frack this noise.

Honestly, I call bull. Frak this fraking noise.

C2X, I love you're game, I honestly haven't played any game game of hockey that has come close what I've seen here, dispite the fact that I got to head up the #1 overall worst team ever.... this has been a ball. frack you, frack you, frack you AND frack you.

Sorry dudes, but I'm an English Grad... and words are all we have, so with those words, as eloquitley as I can say....

frack YOU.

Archived