The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2011-12 Season

canuck2xtreme

Thanks - an injury or two to any other team and I could easily slip into the playoffs.

But the same goes for me - an injury or two and I will plummet in the standings.

Thus my 1st round pick (and likely my 2nd round pick) will not be going anywhere.

I found my roster that I started with last season and it pales in comparison to this one.

Well if there is one thing I have learned for the recent stanley cup champs.

You gotta build through the draft - I acquired Grabner and McMillan through trade, Hubradeau through draft, Sauve off waivers and Rundblad through the expansion draft.

Columbus Times

Rumor has it Columbus has once again dished off a top 6 forward in return for a boost to the Blue Jackets AHL team, the Miami Nukes. While sources close to the deal suggest this is a win for both teams, considering the recent strategy employed by the Blue Jackets management, you can bet this won't bode well for their immediate future next season. The distant future might be looking up for CBJ, however any hope fans might have of their team making the playoffs this year is probably nothing more then a delusional fantasy.

GM Aixtek was unavailable for comment, however his office sent this message to the Columbus Times:

"We are looking to the future. We are planning for the future. This takes time, but the rewards, in the end, will greatly surpass anything we've seen in the past. This team will be a contender in the near future."

There might be a shinning light on the horizon, but you can count on one reporter NOT renewing his seasons tickets this year.

Icehole Rumour Blog

August, 17, 2011

Pittsburgh(Penn) - New and fresh reports are coming out that Pittsburgh has made another move. This time it's believed the organization has dealt away one of its future prospects in a bold move that could see in return a future top six sniper able to enter the lineup this year. We think this deal may solidify the Pittsburgh youth's core for many years to come. We're just awaiting official word now......stay tuned.

Not to be callous, but if it wasn't done for Bourdon then why should it be renamed for Rypper? Luc's death was tragic and was felt greatly by us fans as well.

If the majority think it's a good idea, I won't argue it, however.

Archived