The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2011-12 Season

canuck2xtreme

luc was also a great guy but i´m new to this game

i dont know if it was here when luc died tragical

luc made just some games for the nucks....rick was a part of the team for 5 or more years

if he was healthy

and yeah ..i know...luc would have been too

rick was a great guy..a great fighter.. well some people here called him a pylon, unecessary or whatever..but rick desevers more than those retards..i have loved rick and i´m pretty sad that he has passed away

luc was some years ago...rick is now...and thats why i´m asking you guys if its a good idea to name this years cdcgml trophy the Rick Rypien Memorial Cup for this Season

I'd be ok with it. Or maybe we could have a special trophy for the player with the most fights?

Also, last year we didn't have a way of giving home ice advantage to teams in the playoffs. I floated an idea by the league exec last year that was too late to implement but I thought I'd run it past y'all.

How about spotting the home team 5 points so that if it is an exceptionally tight series than it will be a factor but it most cases will not? I think last year most series were won by over 20 points.

Thoughts?

I'd be ok with it. Or maybe we could have a special trophy for the player with the most fights?

Also, last year we didn't have a way of giving home ice advantage to teams in the playoffs. I floated an idea by the league exec last year that was too late to implement but I thought I'd run it past y'all.

How about spotting the home team 5 points so that if it is an exceptionally tight series than it will be a factor but it most cases will not? I think last year most series were won by over 20 points.

Thoughts?

How well does the current playoff structure work out anyways?

I mean, someone could blow the rest of the league away in the regular season, and have all of his players in in round 1. Even if he wins round 1, he'd be in round 2 of the playoffs with no players. Have you found any issues with this?

Or what if in the finals 1 team had no players left and the other team had just 1 scrub left. The League championship could be won on an assist by Andrew Alberts and finish 1-0?

Just wondering if this has gone smoothly, or if there has been any issues.

How well does the current playoff structure work out anyways?

I mean, someone could blow the rest of the league away in the regular season, and have all of his players in in round 1. Even if he wins round 1, he'd be in round 2 of the playoffs with no players. Have you found any issues with this?

Or what if in the finals 1 team had no players left and the other team had just 1 scrub left. The League championship could be won on an assist by Andrew Alberts and finish 1-0?

Just wondering if this has gone smoothly, or if there has been any issues.

I think your previous logic still holds true....if you win by the smallest of margins or the scrubbiest of players....a win's still a win.

Like any good team, you've got to be good enough to get in the playoffs, and then you've got to have the players to take you onward.

Shouldn't be an issue unless one's not signing guys or trading for guys to help themselves do both.

The playoff structure works well IMHO. There is an ample amount of uncertainty which makes it wide open and it leaves room for teams to make their predictions based on the horses they go with.

The best part is that it makes you watch every game because an upset can have dramatic effects. Also, a sweep can be devastating because your players only play 4 games. It's really really exciting to be a part of. And gut wrenching.

The playoff structure works well IMHO. There is an ample amount of uncertainty which makes it wide open and it leaves room for teams to make their predictions based on the horses they go with.

The best part is that it makes you watch every game because an upset can have dramatic effects. Also, a sweep can be devastating because your players only play 4 games. It's really really exciting to be a part of. And gut wrenching.

Me too.

First go at a fantasy league such as this. I'm learning, day by day, that there's a long-view approach that has do be taken and thought of, every step of the way.....and that it's a chess game. As much as one builds for today, they have to be cognizant of tomorrow.

Fun fact....scotch and free agent offers are a bad mix.....who knew?

Archived