The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2011-12 Season

canuck2xtreme

120px-Pittsburgh_Penguins_logo.svg.pngPenguins.gif?t=1311099060PRESS RELEASE - TRADES AND SIGNING

The Pittsbrugh Penguins are very excited to announce a few moves recently, First of all we'd like to welcome Sheldon Souray to the team. He's a veteran defenceman that we have been doggedly pursuing aggressively for weeks. We hope he will be a presence for us on the PP and as a mentor to our younger defencemen.

We'd also like to welcome Clay Wilson to the team. Clay will be fighting for a sixth spot this season and will certainly see some playing time when injuries occur.

We are very excited to welcome Tomas Tatar to the team. Tomas is ready to take the next step this year into the NHL and we knew that he would be a top 6 sniper sooner than later. He is poised to take his place among the elite youth group currently on our team and will be someone who will be able to step up effortlessly in the coming years. Tomas can play both center and wing and oozes offencive talent. We are really excited to see what he can do on the roster, perhaps as early as this season even.

We wish Nick and Ryan all the best. Nick will be a solid forward in the next few years and we wish him good luck.

Editor's Note - GM Sharpshooter recently released from a 24 hour imprisonment for misdemeanour assault wanted to assure the fans that the team will continue to address the defence as the team moves ahead towards training camp.

RUMOUR: Reports suggest that the Kings have made another deal, acquiring a young puck-moving defender.

Further reports suggest that the recent deal creates a logjam on the backend in LA, and it has been rumoured that players such as Roman Polak, Andrew MacDonald and Kevin Klein could become available

Like I said, I'm betting you'll be in tomorrow at some point! :lol:

Getting married isn't as important as knowing what signings happened tomorrow morning and what trades went down!!

All kidding aside, good luck tomorrow, all the best from all of us, congratulations once again, and many happy years together to you both.

Cheers from all of us Squeaker! We couldn't be more happy for you!!

bachelor-party.jpg

:towel:

Is it just me, or does the 2nd one from the left in the front row look like Andrew Ladd? :huh:

EDIT: And 4th one from the left in the middle row looks like Tim Thomas?? :blink:

I was going to PM this question, but I figured that the whole league might like to know the league's stance and policy on this.

Once a player retires obviously he leaves the game and his contract is null and void, correct? If so, what happen if a player 'defects' to the KHL? While I do have a player that is in the minors that signed in the KHL and I don't mind carrying his contract because it's cheap, but what if say a guy like Kovalev (who I think is a UFA in this game) still had a few years on his contract here at like $5M? I know that I negotiated a "KHL Outclause" with one of my former players, but is there any thought of treating guys that go overseas as retired?

I'm cool either way, I just figured people may have opinions on this.

BTW - Congrats Squeak!

I was going to PM this question, but I figured that the whole league might like to know the league's stance and policy on this.

Once a player retires obviously he leaves the game and his contract is null and void, correct? If so, what happen if a player 'defects' to the KHL? While I do have a player that is in the minors that signed in the KHL and I don't mind carrying his contract, what if say Kovalev (who I think is a UFA in this game) still had a few years on his contract here? I know that I negotiated a "KHL Outclause" with one of my former players, but is there any thought of treating guys that go overseas as retired?

I'm cool either way, I just figured people may have opinions on this.

BTW - Congrats Squeak!

Players that are signed to contracts in our game, and then defect to the KHL, or any European league, can have their contract voided by the league and removed from the teams books. We don't want our teams handcuffed by contracts from players who take off overseas.

However, if a player is signed in the KHL or a European league before you sign him to a contract in our game, we assume you're taking a chance on the player coming to the NHL, and you would be expected to honour the contract. Players in this situation are not eligible to have their contracts voided.

Archived