The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2011-12 Season

canuck2xtreme

REPORT: It appears that after taking the summer off to decide his future UFA Martin St Louis will begin looking into his options for next season in the next week. According to his agent, theminister, St Louis has received offers from almost half the teams in the league but has been enjoying his vacation rather than analyzing his options, preferrng instead to see what teams final rosters will look like before deciding.

This doesn't seem to mean that St Louis has lost his competitive drive though. "It was a disappointing end to the season being knocked out in the Conference Final to Winnipeg" St Louis said, "I really thought I had a good shot to win it in LA last year. They've treated me with class all the way so that's still a good option.

"I think this is my last contract in the CDCGML though and I haven't lost my will to win. I think I can play another 3 years in this league and I want to win the prize again before I retire. I don't know, we'll see what happens. I'd like to make a decision before Labour Day."

He won't have any shortage of options it would appear.

Every team with an offer out for St. Louis should be glad the Jets decided not to pursue him for the good of the game, as after looking at the other offers, I'd like to think I'd have been the favourite to land him :P

^^

By the way, I'm just being a tool here. Not trying to come across as a dick or anything, just trying to get a little competitive fire going I suppose. And probably make myself feel better that I won't get him :lol:

Anyways, apologies if I came across poorly.

My top 6 has no place for St. Louis. How is that for confidence ha!

Ovechkin - Stastny - Kessel

Kulemin - Dubinsky - Callahan

Suppose I could have made room but why break that beauty of a top 6 up?

Archived